Seattle @ Washington preview analyses

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:14 pm

I'm wondering of we might try to take advantage of DE Red Bryant who has dealt with a lingering foot injury all year. Their other DE is a platoon of 2 very undersized guys who get good jumps at home. The edges look kinda good right now.

Turns out Seattle's rush defense allows 4.5 ypc which is 23rd in the league (10th worst). We run for an extra yard per carry at home (5.7 to 4.7), easily tops in the league.

They have 36 sacks - 21 at home and 15 on the road.

We have more sacks (36) than Seattle's D and ours are evenly split home and away (16 to 16).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/splits/_/na ... e-seahawks
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:One of these was won in a strike shortened year.

Actually two were! And no I can't tell the difference.

Actually, there were two strikes, but only one shortened the season. The other had replacement players playing in three games.

Which shortened the season for real NFL players. Sure scabs played three games and I love "the replacements", but the season was shortened three real games. They counted, but they weren't any more real than Seattle's "win" over Green Bay.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:20 pm

I'm all for winning the next 4 games and I'd love for the NFC Championship game to be at home ..

when it comes time for the playoffs, I just want the Redskins to win
I don't care what the other teams do and I'm VERY sure the Redskins players and coaches are NOT looking ahead either ... :twisted:

I will add that the Vikings have possibly the greatest RB EVER and the Packers history in the 1st round recently has NOT been good ...

GO VIKES
Last edited by SkinsJock on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Postby seahawksfan4ever » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:26 pm

The Hogster wrote:Image

Made me laugh. Nicely done....

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:27 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Actually, there were two strikes, but only one shortened the season. The other had replacement players playing in three games.

Which shortened the season for real NFL players. Sure scabs played three games and I love "the replacements", but the season was shortened three real games. They counted, but they weren't any more real than Seattle's "win" over Green Bay.

Only for the Redskins. Every other team had regular players crossing the picket lines.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:22 am

Wild Card Weekend: Washington Redskins RB Alfred Morris vs. Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch

3 out of 5 in NFL Network picked the Skins to win over the Seagirls.

Donovan Mcnab, Bran Billick and Sharp do :up: , not Brian Baldinger or Marshall Faulk. :puke:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:53 am

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

In 1987 we were 11-4. A game was missed. Therefore, both seasons were shortened by strikes.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:10 am

I don't get why Faulk said Morris is more valuable just based on the fact of Griffinn being somewhat limited. Did he not see the plays RGIII made with his legs last week against Dallas? RGIII is still an effective runner and still has to be accounted for in the run game or he will still toast you.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:20 am

We should not be too surprised that we're still not getting much respect BUT ...

We have won the last 7

We do have RG3 AND Alfred Morris

The game is on our field (grass) and that is to our advantage - the Sqwarks like their field turf ...

The Sqwarks record on the road is not great this season

I understand the media does not think we're 'worthy' but I really think they're both NOT giving our guys enough credit + giving too much credit to the Seattle defense

I look for a typical Redskin, down to the wire, win - I'd love to be comfortably ahead but that does not seem to happen a lot with these guys :wink:
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:23 am

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3bo0zIn ... ata_player

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxlT25mD ... ata_player

Redskin greats Ron McDole and Pat Fisher discuss their experiences with the Redskins and the Super Bowl as well as the Redskins chances in the playoffs.
"Givin'em the Business!"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:47 am

DarthMonk wrote:I'm wondering of we might try to take advantage of DE Red Bryant who has dealt with a lingering foot injury all year. Their other DE is a platoon of 2 very undersized guys who get good jumps at home. The edges look kinda good right now.

Turns out Seattle's rush defense allows 4.5 ypc which is 23rd in the league (10th worst). We run for an extra yard per carry at home (5.7 to 4.7), easily tops in the league.

They have 36 sacks - 21 at home and 15 on the road.

We have more sacks (36) than Seattle's D and ours are evenly split home and away (16 to 16).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/splits/_/na ... e-seahawks

I just noticed 16 + 16 = 32

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

Only for the Redskins. Every other team had regular players crossing the picket lines.

For like one game.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football