Seattle @ Washington preview analyses

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk
Posts: 4587
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:14 pm

I'm wondering of we might try to take advantage of DE Red Bryant who has dealt with a lingering foot injury all year. Their other DE is a platoon of 2 very undersized guys who get good jumps at home. The edges look kinda good right now.

Turns out Seattle's rush defense allows 4.5 ypc which is 23rd in the league (10th worst). We run for an extra yard per carry at home (5.7 to 4.7), easily tops in the league.

They have 36 sacks - 21 at home and 15 on the road.

We have more sacks (36) than Seattle's D and ours are evenly split home and away (16 to 16).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/splits/_/na ... e-seahawks
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:One of these was won in a strike shortened year.


Actually two were! And no I can't tell the difference.

Actually, there were two strikes, but only one shortened the season. The other had replacement players playing in three games.

Which shortened the season for real NFL players. Sure scabs played three games and I love "the replacements", but the season was shortened three real games. They counted, but they weren't any more real than Seattle's "win" over Green Bay.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ
Posts: 13730
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: in RG3's corner

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:20 pm

I'm all for winning the next 4 games and I'd love for the NFC Championship game to be at home ..

when it comes time for the playoffs, I just want the Redskins to win
I don't care what the other teams do and I'm VERY sure the Redskins players and coaches are NOT looking ahead either ... :twisted:


I will add that the Vikings have possibly the greatest RB EVER and the Packers history in the 1st round recently has NOT been good ...

GO VIKES
Last edited by SkinsJock on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Postby seahawksfan4ever » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:26 pm

The Hogster wrote:Image


Made me laugh. Nicely done....

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16260
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:27 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:One of these was won in a strike shortened year.


Actually two were! And no I can't tell the difference.

Actually, there were two strikes, but only one shortened the season. The other had replacement players playing in three games.

Which shortened the season for real NFL players. Sure scabs played three games and I love "the replacements", but the season was shortened three real games. They counted, but they weren't any more real than Seattle's "win" over Green Bay.

Only for the Redskins. Every other team had regular players crossing the picket lines.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:22 am

Wild Card Weekend: Washington Redskins RB Alfred Morris vs. Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch


3 out of 5 in NFL Network picked the Skins to win over the Seagirls.

Donovan Mcnab, Bran Billick and Sharp do :up: , not Brian Baldinger or Marshall Faulk. :puke:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4587
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:53 am

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:One of these was won in a strike shortened year.


Actually two were! And no I can't tell the difference.

Actually, there were two strikes, but only one shortened the season. The other had replacement players playing in three games.


In 1987 we were 11-4. A game was missed. Therefore, both seasons were shortened by strikes.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

cappster
Posts: 2995
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Postby Cappster » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:10 am

I don't get why Faulk said Morris is more valuable just based on the fact of Griffinn being somewhat limited. Did he not see the plays RGIII made with his legs last week against Dallas? RGIII is still an effective runner and still has to be accounted for in the run game or he will still toast you.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

08 Champ
Posts: 13730
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: in RG3's corner

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:20 am

We should not be too surprised that we're still not getting much respect BUT ...

We have won the last 7

We do have RG3 AND Alfred Morris

The game is on our field (grass) and that is to our advantage - the Sqwarks like their field turf ...

The Sqwarks record on the road is not great this season


I understand the media does not think we're 'worthy' but I really think they're both NOT giving our guys enough credit + giving too much credit to the Seattle defense


I look for a typical Redskin, down to the wire, win - I'd love to be comfortably ahead but that does not seem to happen a lot with these guys :wink:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Postby 44diesel » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:23 am

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3bo0zIn ... ata_player

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxlT25mD ... ata_player

Redskin greats Ron McDole and Pat Fisher discuss their experiences with the Redskins and the Super Bowl as well as the Redskins chances in the playoffs.
"Givin'em the Business!"

DarthMonk
Posts: 4587
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:47 am

DarthMonk wrote:I'm wondering of we might try to take advantage of DE Red Bryant who has dealt with a lingering foot injury all year. Their other DE is a platoon of 2 very undersized guys who get good jumps at home. The edges look kinda good right now.

Turns out Seattle's rush defense allows 4.5 ypc which is 23rd in the league (10th worst). We run for an extra yard per carry at home (5.7 to 4.7), easily tops in the league.

They have 36 sacks - 21 at home and 15 on the road.

We have more sacks (36) than Seattle's D and ours are evenly split home and away (16 to 16).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/splits/_/na ... e-seahawks


I just noticed 16 + 16 = 32
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:One of these was won in a strike shortened year.


Actually two were! And no I can't tell the difference.

Actually, there were two strikes, but only one shortened the season. The other had replacement players playing in three games.

Which shortened the season for real NFL players. Sure scabs played three games and I love "the replacements", but the season was shortened three real games. They counted, but they weren't any more real than Seattle's "win" over Green Bay.

Only for the Redskins. Every other team had regular players crossing the picket lines.

For like one game.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football