Game Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Game Thread

Postby ACW » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:42 pm

Hey, I was the one who started the game thread vs. Philly; let's start a playoff streal 8)

Gonna be close. Hope RGIII's knee is fine. Browner and Sherman are BIG corners. Lynch and Morris have similar running styles.

HTTR
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

08 Champ

Re: Game Thread

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:58 pm

ACW wrote:Hey .. let's start a playoff thread

Gonna be close. Hope RGIII's knee is fine. Browner and Sherman are BIG corners. Lynch and Morris have similar running styles.

RG3's knee is NOT an issue at all - except by the media

Sqwarks corners are big but that is really more of a factor with deeper passing game which we do not use too often

and

when RG3 sees the opportunity - those guys will not be close :wink:

Lynch is a good RB but he's not as effective in their offense as Morris is with ours

I look for our defense to limit Lynch much better than their defense will limit our run game

I also think that they will look to attack our pass defense more than trying to run the ball - might work but I doubt it :lol:
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby ACW » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:12 pm

RGIII's knee might be fine, but it looks like he'll still be wearing that brace (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... ing-brace/). And Lynch...HAVE to make sure to get him down.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:52 pm

Hey real quick, I'm putting up a thread in Lounge if you're going to the game.

Don't want to derail this thread so pass through if you're going.

Playoffs?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:25 pm

I don't know how to make this clear - RG3 is wearing a knee brace because the medical guys want him to and because it's a protective device NOT because there's any issue with the knee - RG3 says he does not need it BUT that it does NOT in ANY WAY affect his play

He's wearing the brace

AND

the brace is ONLY an issue with the media and some fans here and in Seattle :lol:

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:06 pm

I heard on the radio today that his brace for the game may actually just be one of those tight supportive sleeves.

Thanks for starting the game thread. I won't be joining you guys on here tomorrow, because I decided I absolutely have to be there for this game. I hate going to Fedex. Its a hassle to get there from Virginia, and its going to tick me off to buy $10 beers. I already spent too much money on nosebleed seats and another $50 on parking.

Even so, this team did what we've been begging them to do for years. I feel like I owe it to them to be there tomorrow yelling my *** off. HTTR.

Hog

Postby ACW » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:36 pm

I actually won't be here either; at Bailey's in Ballston. But I started the game thread for the beginning of our season; for the beginning of our run, now the start of our playoff run.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:29 am

SkinsJock wrote:I don't know how to make this clear

We have been warned.

SkinsJock wrote:RG3 is wearing a knee brace because the medical guys want him to and because it's a protective device NOT because there's any issue with the knee

Clear as mud.

SkinsJock wrote:RG3 sa/ys he does not need it BUT that it does NOT in ANY WAY affect his play

Wow.

Robert Griffin III wrote:“Any time you wear a brace like that, it’s to protect you, so it’s gonna cause a natural limp,” Griffin said. “You’re not going to be able to bend your knee normally. It restricts your flexion and your extension. So it’s just to protect the ligaments in there, so there’ll be a natural limp in there, but at the same time you can still generate power.”

Not that there is any issue with his knee or anything. :roll:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:17 am

Wasn't really sure what SJ meant with that comment. He's wearing a knee brace but there is NOT an issue with the knee? That's kind of like saying you're using Rogaine because your wife told you to. NOT because you're going bald. :)

Seriously though, I think he was saying the knee brace was a precaution more than a requirement.

I heard speculation this week from some of the radio guys that RGIII's knee is worse than the team is admitting.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:27 am

riggofan wrote:Wasn't really sure what SJ meant with that comment. .

That happens often. I've just gotten used to it.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:56 am

I do not trust the media but I trust this guy:

Robert Griffin III's knee worries Dr. James Andrews

RG is not 100% but we knew and saw that last week. I would be happy if he plays also like he did last week.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:13 am

Uni Alert:

Redskins ‏@Redskins

UNIFORM ALERT: Burgundy jerseys, gold pants for today's game vs. the Seahawks. #HTTR pic.twitter.com/pweEYW3X
View photo

Retweet
Favorite
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:27 am

I am tired of hearing about the Seahwaks. I am tired of hearing about their "vaunted defense". I am tired of hearing about Russell Wilson -- even though he is a Collegiate School grad from here in Richmond and, according to everyone I know that has spent time around him, a quality guy. I'm tired of them all. I hope our team is tired of it too. Come out of the gate strong and show them what a quality team really is like.

Show them that hanging 58 on the Cardinals at home with your stereo on full blast isn't as impressive as knocking off the Gints on MNF. Show them that beating the Bills on the road isn't as impressive as beating Dallas in their place on Thanksgiving. Show them the talk about them is all hype. Beat them down then send them home. Then, give them half of what they've paid for their hotel rooms in the ATL next week -- if the hotel is up to our standards, which it probably won't be.

HAIL.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:52 am

riggofan wrote:Seriously though, I think he was saying the knee brace was a precaution more than a requirement.

I heard speculation this week from some of the radio guys that RGIII's knee is worse than the team is admitting.

Thanks - the posts above & below yours are not worth anything to me - just posters with NOTHING to add :lol:

I did not think the Drs OR the HC would play RG3 with a knee that might be at risk - we are NOW learning that Mike MIGHT have done that

THAT is an indictment IMO

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:27 am

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:I am tired of hearing about the Seahwaks. I am tired of hearing about their "vaunted defense". I am tired of hearing about Russell Wilson -- even though he is a Collegiate School grad from here in Richmond and, according to everyone I know that has spent time around him, a quality guy. I'm tired of them all. I hope our team is tired of it too. Come out of the gate strong and show them what a quality team really is like.

Show them that hanging 58 on the Cardinals at home with your stereo on full blast isn't as impressive as knocking off the Gints on MNF. Show them that beating the Bills on the road isn't as impressive as beating Dallas in their place on Thanksgiving. Show them the talk about them is all hype. Beat them down then send them home. Then, give them half of what they've paid for their hotel rooms in the ATL next week -- if the hotel is up to our standards, which it probably won't be.

HAIL.

+1

This week proves that the NFL is "what have you done for me lately." If I hear Russell Wilson's name one more time, I might freak. Their fans are worse than the "experts."
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football