RG3's knee - who do we really believe & trust here?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

RG3's knee - who do we really believe & trust here?

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:38 pm

THIS report is pre Sundays' game with the Seahawks

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... y/1811689/

Based on a couple of reports in the media and now from Dr Andrews, it seems that somebody is stretching the truth or lying

I am not a fan of Mike Shanahan and never have been - great coach and even better GM/FO type but ... he's 'reportedly' a close friend of Bill Belicheat, who is perhaps an even bigger liar than Mike - but a liar is a liar and Mike is definitely one ...

Now while I think Mike Shanahan is a great HC - I just don't trust him - he's lied to us on many occasions and now we hear he may be lying about RG3's knee

We were informed by Mike that RG3's knee was almost back to 100% "according to the doctors"
now we're finding out that may not be the case :shock:

RG3 was brought here to play QB for many years, NOT just this season - IF Mike put that at risk by playing him with a knee brace that he said was "not really needed" and was "more supportive than protective" - then he took an unacceptable "risk" IMO

OR

maybe Dr Andrews is not being completely honest :roll:

this is an important game for our franchise but I hope Mike knows what he's doing and he's not letting RG3 risk a bigger injury to that knee
Last edited by SkinsJock on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

~~~~~~

Re: THE knee - who do you think is lying?

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:47 pm

SkinsJock wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2013/01/06/dr-james-andrews-disputes-coach-mike-shanahans-version-of-washington-redskins-quarterback-robert-griffin-iii-knee-injury/1811689/

Based on a couple of reports in the media and now from Dr Andrews, it seems that somebody is stretching the truth or lying

I am not a fan of Mike Shanahan and never have been - great coach and even better GM/FO type but ...

this guy's friend is Bill Belicheat, who is perhaps an even bigger liar than Mike - but a liar is a liar and Mike is definitely one

Mike Shanahan is a great HC - I just don't trust him - he's lied to us on many occasions and now we hear he may be lying about RG3's knee

We were informed by Mike that RG3's knee was almost back to 100% "according to the doctors" - and now we're finding out that may not be the case

RG3 was brought here to play QB for many years, NOT just this season - IF Mike put that at risk by playing him with a knee brace that he said was "not really needed" and was "more supportive than protective" - then he took an unacceptable "risk" IMO

Let us watch the game today. I want to see how RG moves before I express an opinion.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

#######

Re: THE knee - who do you think is lying?

Postby The Hogster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:50 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2013/01/06/dr-james-andrews-disputes-coach-mike-shanahans-version-of-washington-redskins-quarterback-robert-griffin-iii-knee-injury/1811689/

I am not a fan of Mike Shanahan and never have been - great coach and even better GM/FO type but ...

this guy's friend is Bill Belicheat, who is perhaps an even bigger liar than Mike - but a liar is a liar and Mike is definitely one

Mike Shanahan is a great HC - I just don't trust him - he's lied to us on many occasions and now we hear he may be lying about RG3's knee

We were informed by Mike that RG3's knee was almost back to 100% "according to the doctors" - and now we're finding out that may not be the case

Let us watch the game today. I want to see how RG moves before I express an opinion.

+1
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:03 pm

RGIII doesnt run as if it appears he is hurt, but rather as if he is limited by a bulky kneebrace. And if the knee is still hurt then why is RGIII requesting that the brace to be taken off.

cleg

Postby cleg » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:41 pm

The Redskins let too many players come back into games when they are hurt. Remember Orakpo in the Rams game/
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Oh no, unexpected trivial controversy nearly a month after-the-fact...
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:09 pm

If memory serves me correctly, John Elway wore a knee brace regularly for the later part of his career--worked out well for him. And, even hampered, RGIII is still more mobile than most. I expect a more efficient day like the one he had against Philly the 1st time.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:23 pm

The Hogster wrote:If memory serves me correctly, John Elway wore a knee brace regularly for the later part of his career--worked out well for him. And, even hampered, RGIII is still more mobile than most. I expect a more efficient day like the one he had against Philly the 1st time.

Yup, RGIII is good to go. This controversy is justa distraction.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:08 pm

What purpose would be served for EITHER to "lie"? More likely a... failyah t'c'municate. RiC has the right approach...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Most important is that according to that article, Andrews now says RG3's knee has passed all functional tests, so it's effectively fine now.

Countertrey wrote:What purpose would be served for EITHER to "lie"? More likely a... failyah t'c'municate. RiC has the right approach...

No no no, CT, thats way too logical. There's definitely some nefarious scheme at work here.

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:28 pm

Welp...:(
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:22 pm

I'd say Robert. Robert hasn't been honest with himself or the team about how badly he's hurting. Some players you must protect from themselves.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'd say Robert. Robert hasn't been honest with himself or the team about how badly he's hurting. Some players you must protect from themselves.

I think that has a lot to do with it. Reading the Post's live blog here, I see this:

Griffin, Shanahan said, will have an MRI to see whether there is damage beyond the lateral collateral ligament sprain he suffered Dec. 9. And Shanahan said he considered taking Griffin, whose effectiveness decreased after the first quarter, out with a healthy Kirk Cousins as an option.

“I did, I did [consider it],” Shanhan said. “I talked to Robert and Robert said to me, ‘Coach, there’s a difference between injured and being hurt. I guarantee you I’m hurting right now. Give me a chance to win this football game because I guarantee you I’m not injured.’

“That was enough for me. I thought he did enough for us this year to have that opportunity to stay in the football game. It’s always a tough decision when to pull a guy and when not to. I talked to him at halftime and had to feel good about him to go back in.”

That's a coach trusting his player to be honest with himself and his coach...and RG3 was not. Griffin is a tough kid, but he needs to realize at some point if he's hurting bad enough, playing him is actually bad for the team.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:54 pm

PulpExposure wrote:Most important is that according to that article, Andrews now says RG3's knee has passed all functional tests, so it's effectively fine now.

Countertrey wrote:What purpose would be served for EITHER to "lie"? More likely a... failyah t'c'municate. RiC has the right approach...

No no no, CT, thats way too logical. There's definitely some nefarious scheme at work here.

REALLY? :shock:

OK - I'm just going to wait and see :twisted:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:00 pm

PulpExposure wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'd say Robert. Robert hasn't been honest with himself or the team about how badly he's hurting. Some players you must protect from themselves.

I think that has a lot to do with it. Reading the Post's live blog here, I see this:

Griffin, Shanahan said, will have an MRI to see whether there is damage beyond the lateral collateral ligament sprain he suffered Dec. 9. And Shanahan said he considered taking Griffin, whose effectiveness decreased after the first quarter, out with a healthy Kirk Cousins as an option.

“I did, I did [consider it],” Shanhan said. “I talked to Robert and Robert said to me, ‘Coach, there’s a difference between injured and being hurt. I guarantee you I’m hurting right now. Give me a chance to win this football game because I guarantee you I’m not injured.’

“That was enough for me. I thought he did enough for us this year to have that opportunity to stay in the football game. It’s always a tough decision when to pull a guy and when not to. I talked to him at halftime and had to feel good about him to go back in.”

That's a coach trusting his player to be honest with himself and his coach...and RG3 was not. Griffin is a tough kid, but he needs to realize at some point if he's hurting bad enough, playing him is actually bad for the team.

AMEN. :hail:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football