Redskins post season thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:25 pm

If RG3 doesn't get hurt on that second scoring drive (including the late hit cheap shot...), the skins win going away. I'm rooting for the Falcons.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Pushing Paper

Re: Redskins will be scary next year...

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:26 pm

Silnwest wrote:Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you for being classy on seahawks.net this week, and wish you luck next year. Hopefully RG3 recovers fully and regresses next year... because he scares me to death when he's healthy.

You guys had an incredible run, despite all of your injuries, so you should be proud of your team. This will be my last post in this forum this year, but I hope we can meet again in the playoffs next year with both teams healthy. Good luck next year guys!

(I'm a little drunk so sorry for errors)

Thanks. I agree with CT (if RG3 was healthy, or as healthy as he was in the 1st quarter, we win)...but unlike him, I want the Seahawks to knock the stuffing out of the fraud Falcons. Good luck for your team moving forward.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Mike has to tell Danny to stop being greedy and letting the field get torn up all week long.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Looking forward to 2013 Season

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:50 pm

An hour after losing our playoff game. I'm over it. Time to look forward to next year because we do have much for which to be optimistic. Think about it:
-- getting healthy; RG III, Helu, Merriweather, Orakpo, Carriker, Fred Davis all getting healthy.
-- an offseason for Shanahan do further develop this offense. He's creative. I expect good things.
-- adding a few pieces in the draft and free agency. Think any receivers want to come here and play in this offense now?

We have much to be pleased with, much to look forward to. This is a team we can be proud of.

HAIL.

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:05 pm

Indeed!
"Givin'em the Business!"

########

Postby Scottskins » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:08 pm

i agree. healthy rg3, it's likely a different outcome. but he wasn't and all that matters is that the hawks won. Great game! I see a lot of hawks skins playoff matchups in the next decade :-)
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

Hog

Re: Looking forward to 2013 Season

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:An hour after losing our playoff game. I'm over it. Time to look forward to next year because we do have much for which to be optimistic. Think about it:
-- getting healthy; RG III, Helu, Merriweather, Orakpo, Carriker, Fred Davis all getting healthy.
-- an offseason for Shanahan do further develop this offense. He's creative. I expect good things.
-- adding a few pieces in the draft and free agency. Think any receivers want to come here and play in this offense now?

We have much to be pleased with, much to look forward to. This is a team we can be proud of.

HAIL.

Why was this thread merged?

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 pm

It was a major accomplishment .. a virtual miracle that they ran the table to win the East ... I didn't give them a snowball's chance in hell of making that run, at 3-6, so that was a huge accomplishment.

It's disappointing that RG3 was just too banged up to be effective, and we lost today ... but the decision to keep playing him, in my opinion was just the same poor judgement that got him in that condition he's in now, and something I've complained about since early in the season.

Say what you want, and believe whatever ... but it was gut wrenching to see Robert lying on the ground, unable to even try to recover the loose ball. It was apparent that the only way RG3 was coming out of this game was on a stretcher ... and whatever good work you cite from the coaching staff .. and there are obviously some good things .. (I don't deny that) ... you cannot allow that to be an acceptable excuse for the grossly poor judgement that has been ongoing all year in how they have put him in these dangerous situations. And until they stop it ... and I don't think they will ... RG3 is going to wind up being a frequently banged up and injured "running Quarterback" rather than the super star passing QB he has the talent to be.

There comes a point when you have to stop accepting the BS stories about being a pass first QB, when he's actually being used as a "running QB". He couldn't hold up physically, and no one can. That's always been the reality, and this kid has the talent to be more than that, but it takes the discipline and commitment to not take the shortcut or the quick solution on offense.

This Kid is more important to the franchise than either Shanahan. That's just the fact of the matter.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:08 pm

I agree with you but it seems that as soon as they started playing Griffin more conservatively, his passing became less accurate. Shanny said in the post game press conference RG3's lowered completions had nothing to do with his knee. For worried reasons, I'd like to believe it was because of his knee.

Then again, we've heard Shanny trying to belittle his injury since it happened.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the season we have had and still love the coaches. I think we are going to be a terrifying force next season.

Although there's many things to consider about the team, here's a few things I'm stuck on right now:

1. Will RG3 finally listen to doctor's and keep the brace on so he can heal?
2. Does RG3 need surgery (sorry its really worrying, I hate to even ask)?
3. With people coming back from injury, shouldn't we consider another Garcon caliber receiver (after of course we solidify our secondary)?
4. I hope we get rid of Morgan...he's dropped way too many passes that hit him right in the hands.

With a strong secondary, I'd say its time to protect RG3. Another great WR and a couple more O-line guys. Seemed that many plays took too long because receivers couldn't get open.

Just my two cents

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:50 pm

Would like to see another strong wideout. Of course, we do need to strengthen the secondary.

Can we trust Tanard Jackson for next season?

Will Brandon Merriweather stay healthy? Merriweather showed in his brief playing stint here that he could perform well. Can he stay on the field?

How can we best improve the CB's?

Do we keep DHall? Do you release & then resign him at a better cap number? Can he move to Free Safety?

Do we spend money on a RT? Could we/should we pry Phil Loadholt from Minnesota?

Who do we have to groom to eventually replace London Fletcher?

We have a number of things to figure out, but the team is definitely close. Keep the faith.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Would like to see another strong wideout. Of course, we do need to strengthen the secondary.

Can we trust Tanard Jackson for next season?

Will Brandon Merriweather stay healthy? Merriweather showed in his brief playing stint here that he could perform well. Can he stay on the field?

How can we best improve the CB's?

Do we keep DHall? Do you release & then resign him at a better cap number? Can he move to Free Safety?

Do we spend money on a RT? Could we/should we pry Phil Loadholt from Minnesota?

Who do we have to groom to eventually replace London Fletcher?

We have a number of things to figure out, but the team is definitely close. Keep the faith.

The thing I love (and you said this in your post) is that we're close.

Tighten up some things and try to snag another strong WR. Feels like the closer we get to perfection, the more stressful the road to the point gets.

However, its nothing like it used to be when we pretty much needed to rebuild from scratch. Gotta also say, the coaches really made the O-line and our secondary step up at the season went on. Add in a few key players for each and we're golden.

Now there's just waiting for FA and the draft...man its going to be a long winter lol

Keeping the faith

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:05 am

I'm very proud of this team. The future looks very bright. With a few additions next season to go along with this years experience, I think a lot of teams should be worried about the Redskins!
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:14 am

I agree great season. We all know and the Seahawks feel lucky they faced an RG3 that was not even 80 percent. The future is bright lets get ready for the draft. I am salivating already.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:36 am

Fail Like the Deadskins. Fail Constantly. Losers in Full Retreat. FAILURES IN DC.

Well, I have to admit that I was wrong about a bunch of htings....

When the going got tough RGIII folded like a cheap shirt.

I thought that the coaching staff might have finally figured it out. Boy was I wrong.

I thought this team might have found some heart and guts, again totally wrong.

cleg

Postby cleg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:56 am

I was proud of this team and they gave me an unexpected joyful season. They also helped me ensure that my kids (who are growing up in Philly) develop a love of the Redskins. My only hope for next year is that RGIII plays - my gut says he tore up his kneww and will miss a lot or all of next year.

Why would you listen to a 22 year old tell you he is ok. Shanny has to be the grown up and take him out. Why did he draft Cousins so high if not to use him. What is more important, having RGIII for the next 10 years or winning that game yesterday?
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football