Game Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Skins History Buff
Posts: 4831
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby welch » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Countertrey wrote:whattaconcept: Weak first post. Did you watch the presser???


What did Shanahan say? (I turned off the game...also, curious to know what Sonny said afer the first quarter).

~~~~~~
Posts: 10207
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:16 pm

I understand that fans will want to vent after a loss. It does not matter against whom: the owner, the head coach, any players, even other posters here.

It is called catharsis. A few weeks from now several of you will come back to your senses. Mike and ALL the coaches did a great job BASED on what we had going for us with injuries and bad calls.

Seattle had its back against the wall. RG had to win it or lose it for us. Game plan was working well for us on both ends of the field.

I have no complaints. Strahan had it right in the post game show: Skins managed the game with what we had.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Pushing Paper
Posts: 4585
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:01 pm

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:22 pm

Agreed, RiC. The Seahawks are a pretty good team; with a healthy RG3 I fully believe we would beat them. With an RG3 operating like he did in the 1st quarter (RG1.5), I feel we'd beat them. But as soon as he re-injured the knee, it was over.

Great season; and a lot to look forward to next year. Time to heal up, and regroup. Hopefully (seriously) RG3's injury isn't too bad. We get him, Lichtensteiger and Garcon healed up, and then Fred Davis comes back, the offense looks pretty good.

We get Orakpo and Carriker back, and a very good front 7 gets even better. We need work on the back end, but at least we're not where we normally always are...holes everywhere on the team and no hope for the future.

Proud of this team, and it's been a joy to watch this season.

Hog
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:56 am

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:I understand that fans will want to vent after a loss. It does not matter against whom: the owner, the head coach, any players, even other posters here.

It is called catharsis. A few weeks from now several of you will come back to your senses. Mike and ALL the coaches did a great job BASED on what we had going for us with injuries and bad calls.

Seattle had its back against the wall. RG had to win it or lose it for us. Game plan was working well for us on both ends of the field.

I have no complaints. Strahan had it right in the post game show: Skins managed the game with what we had.


My comments are not venting. I knew this game was in serious trouble when they kept sending Robert out there hobbling on one leg, when it was clear he needed to come out.

I was worried about RG3's health all year, and the bottom line is, this great job you refer to boils down to the Shanahans riding this high end, prize race horse like a pack mule.

Players like RG3 are not going to take themselves out of a game if they can crawl out on the field. The coach has to be the voice of reason, and frankly, poor judgement won out over reason.

~~~~~~
Posts: 10207
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:37 pm

RayNAustin wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:I understand that fans will want to vent after a loss. It does not matter against whom: the owner, the head coach, any players, even other posters here.

It is called catharsis. A few weeks from now several of you will come back to your senses. Mike and ALL the coaches did a great job BASED on what we had going for us with injuries and bad calls.

Seattle had its back against the wall. RG had to win it or lose it for us. Game plan was working well for us on both ends of the field.

I have no complaints. Strahan had it right in the post game show: Skins managed the game with what we had.


My comments are not venting. I knew this game was in serious trouble when they kept sending Robert out there hobbling on one leg, when it was clear he needed to come out.

I was worried about RG3's health all year, and the bottom line is, this great job you refer to boils down to the Shanahans riding this high end, prize race horse like a pack mule.

Players like RG3 are not going to take themselves out of a game if they can crawl out on the field. The coach has to be the voice of reason, and frankly, poor judgement won out over reason.

You know what they say about hindsight: 20/20.

You can criticize all you want. This team is beter off with Mike, Kyle and Bruce. RG is now more loyal to Mike than if he had been pulled out. But that is a different approach on leadership with which you would not agree either. :roll:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

the 'mudge
Posts: 14250
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:41 pm

RayNAustin wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
RayNAustin wrote: If I owned the team, I would have been in the locker room at the half, and told those nitwits that if they put my franchise in jeopardy by playing RG3 in the second half ... they'd be fired regardless of the outcome of the game, win or loose.


While I agree with most of your conclusions... this quote is just nuts... we spent HOW many years wishing that our owner would get out of football decisions??? Seriously???


That really has nothing to do with anything. Your momma could be the biggest nag and worry wort that ever lived ... but if she told you to get off the railroad tracks because a train is coming ... I don't think all the previous nagging and worrying has anything to do with deciding to listen and GET OFF THE TRACKS.

The operative thought here is "if I were the owner". The decision to leave Robert in the game is PRECISELY the poor judgment I've been screaming about with Shanahan ... and most of the post game questions have involved the wisdom of leaving him in the game ... which means even the reporters seem to have slightly better judgement.


if YOU were the owner, we would have finished another losing season last week... for the same reason we lost through Snyder's reign until the Shanahan takeover... You would be sticking your nose into the locker room. BTW... pretty much across the board, the analysts agree that Shanahan was trusting what his player was telling him... and that they would have done the same thing.

That may not make you feel better, you may simply elect another nasty, snarky response, but that is the thought of the football minds. You may want to listen to Shanahan's presser... he believes he learned from this, in terms of how stubborn Bob is... but, Bob got them here... Bob was saying the right things... and he went with what Bob was telling him. The last thing we need is the owner sticking his nose back into the locker room... whether it's Snyder or you.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######
Posts: 7172
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:42 pm

PulpExposure wrote:Agreed, RiC. The Seahawks are a pretty good team; with a healthy RG3 I fully believe we would beat them. With an RG3 operating like he did in the 1st quarter (RG1.5), I feel we'd beat them. But as soon as he re-injured the knee, it was over.

Great season; and a lot to look forward to next year. Time to heal up, and regroup. Hopefully (seriously) RG3's injury isn't too bad. We get him, Lichtensteiger and Garcon healed up, and then Fred Davis comes back, the offense looks pretty good.

We get Orakpo and Carriker back, and a very good front 7 gets even better. We need work on the back end, but at least we're not where we normally always are...holes everywhere on the team and no hope for the future.

Proud of this team, and it's been a joy to watch this season.


Tanard Jackson & Merriweather back as well. Things are looking up. Just sucks the way this went down.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

the 'mudge
Posts: 14250
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:45 pm

welch wrote:
Countertrey wrote:whattaconcept: Weak first post. Did you watch the presser???


What did Shanahan say? (I turned off the game...also, curious to know what Sonny said afer the first quarter).

Shanahan was listening to what the quarterback who got them there was telling him... but he has learned a bit about how stubborn RG3 is.

Regarding what Sonny said... probably something like "Get it to Jerry Smith"
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:56 am

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:I understand that fans will want to vent after a loss. It does not matter against whom: the owner, the head coach, any players, even other posters here.

It is called catharsis. A few weeks from now several of you will come back to your senses. Mike and ALL the coaches did a great job BASED on what we had going for us with injuries and bad calls.

Seattle had its back against the wall. RG had to win it or lose it for us. Game plan was working well for us on both ends of the field.

I have no complaints. Strahan had it right in the post game show: Skins managed the game with what we had.


My comments are not venting. I knew this game was in serious trouble when they kept sending Robert out there hobbling on one leg, when it was clear he needed to come out.

I was worried about RG3's health all year, and the bottom line is, this great job you refer to boils down to the Shanahans riding this high end, prize race horse like a pack mule.

Players like RG3 are not going to take themselves out of a game if they can crawl out on the field. The coach has to be the voice of reason, and frankly, poor judgement won out over reason.

You know what they say about hindsight: 20/20.

You can criticize all you want. This team is beter off with Mike, Kyle and Bruce. RG is now more loyal to Mike than if he had been pulled out. But that is a different approach on leadership with which you would not agree either. :roll:


Bull ... hindsight has nothing to do with this .... he was RE-INJURED early in the 2nd quarter and totally ineffective the rest (majority) of the game. He should have come out ... no ifs, ands, or buts .... and no hindsight. Only blindness prevents anyone from seeing that AS IT WAS HAPPENING.

#######
Posts: 7172
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:45 pm

If anything, Shanahan lied about the severity of this injury. If it were a Grade 1 LCL sprain, you'd think that the injury would have been close to healed this week.

Maybe this was a more serious injury from the beginning.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4831
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby welch » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:50 pm

I think Shanahan and Griffin need to study the way the Seattle QB ran...took off when he needed to, but slid rather than tried to drive through defenders.

Robert Griffin might be a Hall of Fame player, but he cannot run the ball like Larry Brown or Ernest Byner or Clinton Portis. Most RBs last about five years before their knees give out.

The coaches need to plan a way for Griffin to play for closer to 15 seasons.

Yes, Griffin plays QB differently than a scrambler like Tarkenton or Staubach or Theisman. They ran to dodge people, to retrieve a broken play. Griffin can keep running as a part of the offensive plan...just give up that last yard or two in order to avoid a hit.

Joe's#1Fan
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:59 am
Location: chocowinity nc

Postby gibbsfan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:53 pm

PulpExposure wrote:Agreed, RiC. The Seahawks are a pretty good team; with a healthy RG3 I fully believe we would beat them. With an RG3 operating like he did in the 1st quarter (RG1.5), I feel we'd beat them. But as soon as he re-injured the knee, it was over.

Great season; and a lot to look forward to next year. Time to heal up, and regroup. Hopefully (seriously) RG3's injury isn't too bad. We get him, Lichtensteiger and Garcon healed up, and then Fred Davis comes back, the offense looks pretty good.

We get Orakpo and Carriker back, and a very good front 7 gets even better. We need work on the back end, but at least we're not where we normally always are...holes everywhere on the team and no hope for the future.

Proud of this team, and it's been a joy to watch this season.


I agree with you and Ric .
HTTR
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR



































Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:56 am

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:58 pm

The Hogster wrote:If anything, Shanahan lied about the severity of this injury. If it were a Grade 1 LCL sprain, you'd think that the injury would have been close to healed this week.

Maybe this was a more serious injury from the beginning.


RG3 was clearly less healthy this week than last .... even during pre-game warmups, some were saying RG3 didn't look as healthy as he did last week ... but after the re-injury, it was CLEAR he was not able to move effectively or even throw effectively, and once that stage is reached, the decision needed to be made.

Shanahan even admitted it in a round about way that they considered taking him out at half time, but RG3 talked them into letting him continue. They listened to RG3 instead of making the right call.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Postby 44diesel » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:59 pm

I hope this doesn't become knee-gate. Hopefully lessons will be learned whether if it was Robert not being honest about the injury or if it was Shanny pushing him. All in all it has been an exciting season.

This team finally gave us something to believe in. Hopefully the injury bug had his fill of us and we can start to look forward to the return of quite a few key players.

This will be an interesting off season. Hopefully our secondary will be back hungry, also Orakpo and Carriker. Fred Davis will be back as well and I can't wait to see Alfred Morris after a pro offseason weight program.

I can see us being more appealing in the FA market. Curious to see how we do in the draft as well.

It was a fun ride. An exciting December. We got a 7 game win streak including 5 division games. Swept the Fecals and the Cowpies. I'm proud of what they accomplished.

Hail to the Redskins!
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog
Posts: 814
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:55 am

Postby Jeremy81 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:04 pm

RayNAustin wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:I understand that fans will want to vent after a loss. It does not matter against whom: the owner, the head coach, any players, even other posters here.

It is called catharsis. A few weeks from now several of you will come back to your senses. Mike and ALL the coaches did a great job BASED on what we had going for us with injuries and bad calls.

Seattle had its back against the wall. RG had to win it or lose it for us. Game plan was working well for us on both ends of the field.

I have no complaints. Strahan had it right in the post game show: Skins managed the game with what we had.


My comments are not venting. I knew this game was in serious trouble when they kept sending Robert out there hobbling on one leg, when it was clear he needed to come out.

I was worried about RG3's health all year, and the bottom line is, this great job you refer to boils down to the Shanahans riding this high end, prize race horse like a pack mule.

Players like RG3 are not going to take themselves out of a game if they can crawl out on the field. The coach has to be the voice of reason, and frankly, poor judgement won out over reason.

You know what they say about hindsight: 20/20.

You can criticize all you want. This team is beter off with Mike, Kyle and Bruce. RG is now more loyal to Mike than if he had been pulled out. But that is a different approach on leadership with which you would not agree either. :roll:


Bull ... hindsight has nothing to do with this .... he was RE-INJURED early in the 2nd quarter and totally ineffective the rest (majority) of the game. He should have come out ... no ifs, ands, or buts .... and no hindsight. Only blindness prevents anyone from seeing that AS IT WAS HAPPENING.


No way...if he's cleared to play and wants to come in the game, he goes in the game. He's the qb that brought you there...he's earned the benefit of the doubt to go and win the game. he wants in AND the doctors say its ok, then he goes in the game

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football