Game Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
swine
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Postby Colorado Skin Fan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:15 pm

I felt the same that he needed to come out. However, in hindsight, this is our star rookie who is still learning the pro game and about himself. the greatest learning comes from the deepest struggles.

I think RGIII will learn a lot from this about that limit that takes him from still competitive to struggling and will add that into his skill set.

We weren't going to win the Super Bowl this year. By giving RGIII such a diverse season of experience that future Super Bowl is a little closer today.

~~~~~~
Posts: 10209
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:18 pm

People, for those just in doubt:

Please watch the post game press conference given by RGIII
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:47 pm
Location: Dallas, Tx

Postby funsho2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Colorado Skin Fan wrote:I felt the same that he needed to come out. However, in hindsight, this is our star rookie who is still learning the pro game and about himself. the greatest learning comes from the deepest struggles.

I think RGIII will learn a lot from this about that limit that takes him from still competitive to struggling and will add that into his skill set.

We weren't going to win the Super Bowl this year. By giving RGIII such a diverse season of experience that future Super Bowl is a little closer today.


Great post

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:55 pm

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 pm

RayNAustin wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:
NYFINESTSKINSFAN wrote:Shannahan does not have his players in his best interest. Fire him!
Moron post of the thread


No it isn't .... apparently there is only one other person with two brain cells left.

This loss lays squarely on the idiotic decision to continue sending out a severely hampered RG3, when it was obvious to anyone with a half a brain he was not able to play and be effective ... but more importantly, risking further injury to RG3 like this was totally inexcusable.

At the half, Cousins could have, and SHOULD HAVE come in and run this offense, and the Redskins would have won this game. The defense just got wore out in the 2nd half ... then, when RG3 couldn't even turn to get the bad snap, the game was over. The disaster of having to put Cousins in there, cold, and down by 10 with 6 minutes was created by not making that move after the 2nd QT.

If I owned the team, I would have been in the locker room at the half, and told those nitwits that if they put my franchise in jeopardy by playing RG3 in the second half ... they'd be fired regardless of the outcome of the game, win or loose.

No excuse for this ... none ... no debate, no argument, no room for what ifs .... it was gross malfeasance to continue playing him, and if you disagree, you're crazy. It's not even close.


Agreed, Shannahan put his interests before the interests of the franchise. It is inexcusable!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:55 pm

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Fire shannahan, too much ego!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 pm
Location: St. Robert, MO

Postby FLWSkin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:17 pm

Fire fans, too much stupidity!!!

tribe
Online
Posts: 6261
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:40 am

FIRE trolls and haters....
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:56 am

Image
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4949
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby welch » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:42 am

ACW wrote:Image


I applaud.

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4949
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby welch » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:45 am

welch wrote:
ACW wrote:Image


I applaud.


Too much meth.

newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:57 am

Postby Canfan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:22 am

Seahawks fan here. I just wanted to congratulate the Redskins and their fans on an awesome season. You have an excellent young team and a great future. I see you giving the Cowboys fits for years to come and it warms my heart! I think Haslett outschemed us and your D kept Russel Wilson off balance for most of the game. If RG III had not re injured his knee, I don't think we would have come back from 14 points down.

I hope his injury is not serious and he is at full speed to entertain us all with his skill and drive again next year. The NFL is a better place with him in it. I hope we meet again in the playoffs next year (which would be great as it means both teams are performing well!) Just try to do something about that field before the next battle OK?! :)

Cheers!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Canfan wrote:Seahawks fan here. I just wanted to congratulate the Redskins and their fans on an awesome season. You have an excellent young team and a great future. I see you giving the Cowboys fits for years to come and it warms my heart! I think Haslett outschemed us and your D kept Russel Wilson off balance for most of the game. If RG III had not re injured his knee, I don't think we would have come back from 14 points down.

I hope his injury is not serious and he is at full speed to entertain us all with his skill and drive again next year. The NFL is a better place with him in it. I hope we meet again in the playoffs next year (which would be great as it means both teams are performing well!) Just try to do something about that field before the next battle OK?! :)

Cheers!


Thanks for the encouragement. Great game yesterday. I hope they do something about that ulgy a$$ field as well lol.

I'm sure we'll be at war with each other for years to come...football is just going to get more and more exciting.

Good luck in Atlanta.

08 Champ
Posts: 13923
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: New England

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:27 pm

HOPEFULLY the NFL makes Danny do something about that field

we're VERY LIKELY going to be playing games in January and that field is an embarrassment to our franchise
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

the 'mudge
Posts: 14834
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:01 pm

SkinsJock wrote:HOPEFULLY the NFL makes Danny do something about that field

we're VERY LIKELY going to be playing games in January and that field is an embarrassment to our franchise


That field, A: had nothing to do with the injury (artificial turf is statistically MUCH more likely to cause such injuries), and B: is what the game SHOULD be played on. Frankly, the game was much better when played in mud.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football