Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Pasadena, MD

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:55 am

Countertrey wrote:I will NEVER consider a player selfish for wanting to be in the game. I WANT that. I don't expect the player to be objective about himself... that's the coach's job. jeeze.

When someone constantly says in a presser that he wanted to be kept in so he could win the game because he (not the team) deserved to be there and win it, then yes, I consider that selfish. Not to mention disrespectful as hell to Cousins by continuing to inisit he was the best chance to win that game. I'm starting to become alarmed by people's love for RGIII over the team as a whole. The guy is not invincible. He is young, a rookie, and yes he can make mistakes and come off as selfish from time to time. He will only get better with time.

#######
Posts: 7172
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:11 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I have a very good friend a Dr. Daniel Gordon that does MRI's and he said that if its a partial tear surgery won't be needed. If it's a full tear we are screwed 9-12 months FAST HEALER 12-14 months NORMAL HEALER....
Either way if it's more than partial tears we are screwed, Kirk Cousins will be the starter most likely next year.


OK - PLEASE ask your "very good friend" to explain how A P was able to do what he did THIS season after the injury to his knee in December 2011


September is 9 months after December and AP is a fast healer.

How did I do?


LOL
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

08 Champ
Posts: 12912
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:28 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I have a very good friend a Dr. Daniel Gordon that does MRI's and he said that if its a partial tear surgery won't be needed. If it's a full tear we are screwed 9-12 months FAST HEALER 12-14 months NORMAL HEALER....
Either way if it's more than partial tears we are screwed, Kirk Cousins will be the starter most likely next year.


OK - PLEASE ask your "very good friend" to explain how A P was able to do what he did THIS season after the injury to his knee in December 2011


September is 9 months after December and AP is a fast healer.

How did I do?


That's helpful - but coming from you I'm not surprised :lol:
I'll take it that you don't think this is near as bad - Are you one of the Redskins' strength & conditioning guys? :lol:

I was hoping for an intelligent response from DaSkinz :roll:
Hail to the Redskins

CKRGiii
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Am I the only one that needs to take a break from worrying about this to prevent any damage to my own health?? Daaamn this is so crappy right now... Get a beast at qb then tear him up in the first damn season on some freak leg whipp action on a relatively harmless tackle. Cusswords.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Countertrey wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:RGIII was a bit selfish to the team because he wanted to stay in so he could win the game.


"Pierre Garcon is selfish for not playing through pain" the opinion of many fans here earlier this season... perhaps THEY were right. He still has the injury... once he came back, he made a huge difference.

"Cutler should be playing... he's just dinged up"... regarding Jay Cutler declaring himself not able to play... who knows?

What's a player supposed to do??? A player with guts will want to play... I WANT my players to try to man up when hurt. It's up to the Coaches to moderate that... not the player.

I will NEVER consider a player selfish for wanting to be in the game. I WANT that. I don't expect the player to be objective about himself... that's the coach's job. jeeze.

I agree, 100%
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:11 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I have a very good friend a Dr. Daniel Gordon that does MRI's and he said that if its a partial tear surgery won't be needed. If it's a full tear we are screwed 9-12 months FAST HEALER 12-14 months NORMAL HEALER....
Either way if it's more than partial tears we are screwed, Kirk Cousins will be the starter most likely next year.


OK - PLEASE ask your "very good friend" to explain how A P was able to do what he did THIS season after the injury to his knee in December 2011

THANKS

and

so now, let me get this straight - "Either way ... Kirk Cousins "will be the starter" OR "most likely, will be the starter" ?? :roll:

WHY NOT WAIT - why create this BS :twisted:


Adrian Peterson was a fluke a medical miracle that is beyond explaining. The fact is Kirk Cousins most likely will be our starting QB next year if it's more than a tear. You can also add in the fact that this is on the same exact knee that was injured in 2009. Adrian Peterson never had any ACL, MCL, LCL knee issue. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Ask yourself SkinsJock do you really think Daniel Snyder is flying down with him for the hell of it. My sources tell me this is bad and may even threaten his career......Malcolm Kelly knee is what I am hearing..........

Hog
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:15 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I have a very good friend a Dr. Daniel Gordon that does MRI's and he said that if its a partial tear surgery won't be needed. If it's a full tear we are screwed 9-12 months FAST HEALER 12-14 months NORMAL HEALER....
Either way if it's more than partial tears we are screwed, Kirk Cousins will be the starter most likely next year.


OK - PLEASE ask your "very good friend" to explain how A P was able to do what he did THIS season after the injury to his knee in December 2011


September is 9 months after December and AP is a fast healer.

How did I do?


That's helpful - but coming from you I'm not surprised :lol:
I'll take it that you don't think this is near as bad - Are you one of the Redskins' strength & conditioning guys? :lol:

I was hoping for an intelligent response from DaSkinz :roll:



You all are comedians now...I was just trying to pass on what I hear based on some contacts I have but hey I will leave it alone and you all will find out like everyone else, I will then come back on this board and expect a official bowing normally expected by other Demi-Gods.......:twisted:

Hog
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Robert Griffin III partially tore ACL, LCL, test reveals
0

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
The early signs regarding the health of Robert Griffin III's right knee were not good. The reports are only getting worse.An MRI on the Washington Redskins' rookie quarterback revealed he has partial tears to the anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments in his right knee, team sources told NFL.com's Jeff Darlington on Monday. However, it is not known if the damage seen in the results is old or new, the sources said.

Mark Maske and Mike Jones of The Washington Post first reported the MRI results.

Griffin left Sunday's 24-14 NFC wild-card loss to the Seattle Seahawks in the fourth quarter because of the knee injury.

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said at his Monday news conference that Griffin's MRI was "open to interpretation" so the team is sending him to Dr. James Andrews in Florida. Redskins owner Dan Snyder reportedly will accompany Griffin to Florida, which is not a great sign. The Washington Post report supported the notion that more interpretation is necessary, but things clearly aren't looking good. "One person with knowledge of the situation said Griffin might have to undergo exploratory surgery to determine the extent of the damage and whether the injuries are new," the report stated. "Another said Griffin hopes to avoid full-blown reconstructive surgery if the tears are partial, even if they are new injuries."

Griffin's test results remain open for interpretation, and Andrews should provide a final answer Tuesday. It's too early to jump to conclusions, but Monday's news on balance looks discouraging for Griffin's long-term health.

Hog
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:42 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I have a very good friend a Dr. Daniel Gordon that does MRI's and he said that if its a partial tear surgery won't be needed. If it's a full tear we are screwed 9-12 months FAST HEALER 12-14 months NORMAL HEALER....
Either way if it's more than partial tears we are screwed, Kirk Cousins will be the starter most likely next year.


OK - PLEASE ask your "very good friend" to explain how A P was able to do what he did THIS season after the injury to his knee in December 2011


September is 9 months after December and AP is a fast healer.

How did I do?



Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III suffered a partially torn lateral collateral ligament in his right knee during Sunday's playoff game against the Seahawks, a source said.

Griffin also likely tore at least part of his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), but it's unknown how severe it is because a previous knee injury he suffered at Baylor in 2009 required two screws and a rubber band to hold it together. Because of the previous injury, doctors initially could not determine Monday if his ACL was partially or completely torn and doctors don't know what surgery should be performed.

The Washington Post reported earlier that Griffin's MRI suggested partial tears to the ACL and LCL.

Griffin, who entered Sunday's wild-card playoff game already nursing a previously sprained LCL in the same knee, appeared to tweak the knee on a pass attempt in the first quarter and then left the game in the fourth quarter after twisting his leg while attempting to recover a muffed shotgun snap.

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said in a news conference Monday the results of the MRI are prompting the team to send Griffin to Pensacola, Fla., on Tuesday to see orthopedist Dr. James Andrews, who serves as a Redskins' physician, for further examinations to determine how to proceed.

"There is a concern," Shanahan said. "That's why he's going to see him."

Andrews, meanwhile, tried to clarify comments he made Sunday to USA Today that he didn't clear Griffin to return to the Dec. 9 game in which he originally hurt his knee, as Shanahan had claimed the following day.

On Monday, Andrews told The Washington Post that "Shanahan didn't lie about it, and I didn't lie."

"I didn't get to examine (Griffin's knee) because he came out for one play, didn't let us look at him and on the next play, he ran through all the players and back out onto the field," he told the newspaper.

"Coach Shanahan looks at me like, 'Is he OK?' and I give him the 'Hi' sign as in, 'He's running around, so I guess he's OK.' But I didn't get to check him out until after the game. It was just a communication problem. Heat of battle. I didn't get to tell him I didn't get to examine the knee. Mike Shanahan would never have put him out there at risk just to win a game."


I think based on this it's reasonable to assume that Kirk Cousins is our starting QB next year with Rex backing him up.......Or will there be a mob screaming that hey if Adrian Peterson can do it so can RG3, even though they are two totally different people, and circumstances....... :explode: :explode: My 2 cents

DarthMonk
Posts: 4120
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:20 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I have a very good friend a Dr. Daniel Gordon that does MRI's and he said that if its a partial tear surgery won't be needed. If it's a full tear we are screwed 9-12 months FAST HEALER 12-14 months NORMAL HEALER....
Either way if it's more than partial tears we are screwed, Kirk Cousins will be the starter most likely next year.


OK - PLEASE ask your "very good friend" to explain how A P was able to do what he did THIS season after the injury to his knee in December 2011


September is 9 months after December and AP is a fast healer.

How did I do?



Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III suffered a partially torn lateral collateral ligament in his right knee during Sunday's playoff game against the Seahawks, a source said.

Griffin also likely tore at least part of his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), but it's unknown how severe it is because a previous knee injury he suffered at Baylor in 2009 required two screws and a rubber band to hold it together. Because of the previous injury, doctors initially could not determine Monday if his ACL was partially or completely torn and doctors don't know what surgery should be performed.

The Washington Post reported earlier that Griffin's MRI suggested partial tears to the ACL and LCL.

Griffin, who entered Sunday's wild-card playoff game already nursing a previously sprained LCL in the same knee, appeared to tweak the knee on a pass attempt in the first quarter and then left the game in the fourth quarter after twisting his leg while attempting to recover a muffed shotgun snap.

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said in a news conference Monday the results of the MRI are prompting the team to send Griffin to Pensacola, Fla., on Tuesday to see orthopedist Dr. James Andrews, who serves as a Redskins' physician, for further examinations to determine how to proceed.

"There is a concern," Shanahan said. "That's why he's going to see him."

Andrews, meanwhile, tried to clarify comments he made Sunday to USA Today that he didn't clear Griffin to return to the Dec. 9 game in which he originally hurt his knee, as Shanahan had claimed the following day.

On Monday, Andrews told The Washington Post that "Shanahan didn't lie about it, and I didn't lie."

"I didn't get to examine (Griffin's knee) because he came out for one play, didn't let us look at him and on the next play, he ran through all the players and back out onto the field," he told the newspaper.

"Coach Shanahan looks at me like, 'Is he OK?' and I give him the 'Hi' sign as in, 'He's running around, so I guess he's OK.' But I didn't get to check him out until after the game. It was just a communication problem. Heat of battle. I didn't get to tell him I didn't get to examine the knee. Mike Shanahan would never have put him out there at risk just to win a game."


I think based on this it's reasonable to assume that Kirk Cousins is our starting QB next year with Rex backing him up.......Or will there be a mob screaming that hey if Adrian Peterson can do it so can RG3, even though they are two totally different people, and circumstances....... :explode: :explode: My 2 cents


I was hoping Griff would be pulled when he jogged for a 9 yard gain because the Seattle D no longer saw him as a threat and all his throws were high.

I am mentally prepared to see Kirk start at least until the bye.

Both of the above were reasons for drafting Kirk. I'll say the staff was preening after the Brown game. They did not show that same confidence "in the heat of battle" this past Sunday.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:56 am

Postby RayNAustin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Firstly .... the secrecy and his rather disingenuous "subject to interpretation" is a sign that the news is not good. This takes very little mental processing power, and rather elementary common sense.

The likely situation is that the damage is bad, and before they come clean on the severity, they want Andrews to clearly determine the prognosis, and rehabilitation time frame, because that will obviously be the PRIMARY question of most concern. If it were better news, they'd have offered up a qualified preliminary result for which the trip to Florida would be to confirm that finding.

Now hear this .... you can bet you last penny in that little piggy bank that Shanahan and advisors are, in the meantime, studying every single play that Robert was involved hoping to find plausible evidence that the real damage occurred on that final play, rather than on the early play in the 1st Quarter's second drive where RG3 pulled up lame on that roll out right, because, if that is indeed the case, and I'm convinced that it is, then that would mean they allowed RG3 back out on the field to play for 3 more Quarters on a torn ACL, causing greater damage to occur throughout that time. That would re-categorize this from just an injury, to gross negligence, and might even demand a League response, and certainly a possible action from the NFLPA. And it doesn't matter one tiny little bit about Robert claiming to be OK ... we all saw him hobbling out there, and that's just the reality. Shanahan cannot legitimately claim that he didn't realize he was actually injured. That dog don't hunt.

As the Head Coach, Shanahan is on a very hot seat right now, and this is serious CYA time, because the response so far ... "I asked him and he said he was fine" doesn't feed the bulldog.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:59 pm


Hog
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:56 am

Postby RayNAustin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:02 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I have a very good friend a Dr. Daniel Gordon that does MRI's and he said that if its a partial tear surgery won't be needed. If it's a full tear we are screwed 9-12 months FAST HEALER 12-14 months NORMAL HEALER....
Either way if it's more than partial tears we are screwed, Kirk Cousins will be the starter most likely next year.


OK - PLEASE ask your "very good friend" to explain how A P was able to do what he did THIS season after the injury to his knee in December 2011


September is 9 months after December and AP is a fast healer.

How did I do?



Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III suffered a partially torn lateral collateral ligament in his right knee during Sunday's playoff game against the Seahawks, a source said.

Griffin also likely tore at least part of his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), but it's unknown how severe it is because a previous knee injury he suffered at Baylor in 2009 required two screws and a rubber band to hold it together. Because of the previous injury, doctors initially could not determine Monday if his ACL was partially or completely torn and doctors don't know what surgery should be performed.

The Washington Post reported earlier that Griffin's MRI suggested partial tears to the ACL and LCL.

Griffin, who entered Sunday's wild-card playoff game already nursing a previously sprained LCL in the same knee, appeared to tweak the knee on a pass attempt in the first quarter and then left the game in the fourth quarter after twisting his leg while attempting to recover a muffed shotgun snap.

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said in a news conference Monday the results of the MRI are prompting the team to send Griffin to Pensacola, Fla., on Tuesday to see orthopedist Dr. James Andrews, who serves as a Redskins' physician, for further examinations to determine how to proceed.

"There is a concern," Shanahan said. "That's why he's going to see him."

Andrews, meanwhile, tried to clarify comments he made Sunday to USA Today that he didn't clear Griffin to return to the Dec. 9 game in which he originally hurt his knee, as Shanahan had claimed the following day.

On Monday, Andrews told The Washington Post that "Shanahan didn't lie about it, and I didn't lie."

"I didn't get to examine (Griffin's knee) because he came out for one play, didn't let us look at him and on the next play, he ran through all the players and back out onto the field," he told the newspaper.

"Coach Shanahan looks at me like, 'Is he OK?' and I give him the 'Hi' sign as in, 'He's running around, so I guess he's OK.' But I didn't get to check him out until after the game. It was just a communication problem. Heat of battle. I didn't get to tell him I didn't get to examine the knee. Mike Shanahan would never have put him out there at risk just to win a game."


I think based on this it's reasonable to assume that Kirk Cousins is our starting QB next year with Rex backing him up.......Or will there be a mob screaming that hey if Adrian Peterson can do it so can RG3, even though they are two totally different people, and circumstances....... :explode: :explode: My 2 cents


I was hoping Griff would be pulled when he jogged for a 9 yard gain because the Seattle D no longer saw him as a threat and all his throws were high.

I am mentally prepared to see Kirk start at least until the bye.

Both of the above were reasons for drafting Kirk. I'll say the staff was preening after the Brown game. They did not show that same confidence "in the heat of battle" this past Sunday.


Let me ask you a "hypothetical" question. Let's say you're a rich man, and you buy yourself a Lamborgini Aventador. Your Son comes to you and says .. Dad, can I take Sally out in the Lambi Saturday night? And you say, OK son ... but no fooling around ... you drive carefully, and no hot rodding and hot dogging .. he says OK. In the wee hours of Sunday Morning, Junior comes back home in a cab, with a tow truck towing the Lamborghini with a smashed up front end ... engine knocking, and all the rubber burned off the back tires ..... are you going to fix that car, or get a new one, and hand him the keys to it AGAIN?

Well that's PRECISELY what Mike and Kyle did to Dan Snyder's RG3 Lamborghini ... only RG3 is worth 25 times as much.

Hog
Posts: 1699
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Postby grampi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:55 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I think based on this it's reasonable to assume that Kirk Cousins is our starting QB next year with Rex backing him up.......Or will there be a mob screaming that hey if Adrian Peterson can do it so can RG3, even though they are two totally different people, and circumstances....... :explode: :explode: My 2 cents


Why assume the worst? Many NFL players have come back the following season and played as good or better than they did before with much worse knee injuries than the one RGIII has.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:01 pm

grampi wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:I think based on this it's reasonable to assume that Kirk Cousins is our starting QB next year with Rex backing him up.......Or will there be a mob screaming that hey if Adrian Peterson can do it so can RG3, even though they are two totally different people, and circumstances....... :explode: :explode: My 2 cents


Why assume the worst? Many NFL players have come back the following season and played as good or better than they did before with much worse knee injuries than the one RGIII has.


:celebrate:

Especially coming from you, this is a monumental post!

The doom and gloom never ends for redskins nation.. MOST players come back the following year. ACL reconstruction isn't a big deal these days.. Tiger woods injury was probably the same severity. I hope they don't have to use a hamstring graft like mine.. my hammy flares up every now and then now. -anything is better then a cadavers ACL tho
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football