Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Dude, you really need to provide links. Before the copy/paste job.

Sorry http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... right-knee

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Shanny did make a very big mistake but he's also a huge reason why we finished 10-6 and why the franchise is getting back to a respectable status. Firing Mike would risk having all of this torn apart with a new coach starting over and the players/coaches getting familiar with each other again. This is exactly what we wanted Danny boy to start doing by letting things cool down before making big decisions for the old Danny prolly would've fired Shanny while he was walking off the field on Sunday. We don't even know exactly how bad RG3's knee is for sure and he is in the most capable hands he could possibly be in right now. Who knows maybe we will be sitting here a year from now preparing to host a wildcard winner. We are building something here so lets stick with it.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:28 pm

PulpExposure wrote:That's an unintentionally hilarious double post wrapped around Irn-Bru's request.

Well he's in for recovery and rehab. But Shanahan has to make sure that Griffin is healed before he goes back onto the playing field; the precedent has already been set that Griffin will play injured. It's Shanahan's job to make sure that doesn't happen this time.

Profound wisdom! Good observation. I have no doubt the man will recover. I'm more concerned with the same issue that has us all wondering how bad it is and how much was needed to repair it. That issue is; WILL THEY LEARN FROM IT? If their negligence is not corrected, it will happen again. Putting him out there before he is healed is exactly why he's under the knife now. Riding him like a pack mule and not using the competent back-up is just as bad for RG3's career as anything. He can't endure this every year or every other year.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:46 pm

PulpExposure wrote:That's an unintentionally hilarious double post wrapped around Irn-Bru's request.

Well he's in for recovery and rehab. But Shanahan has to make sure that Griffin is healed before he goes back onto the playing field; the precedent has already been set that Griffin will play injured. It's Shanahan's job to make sure that doesn't happen this time.

I'd repeat that in boldface italics. Let's assume that Robert Griffin will not play next year. Better that than letting him play while still healing.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:48 pm

:roll: OH NO! .. I was kind of enjoying reading some of the really STUPID posts and hypotheses ... they took me away from considering the reality ....
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Look guys, after reading through these responses, I feel like I've entered the Twilight Zone, with some of the shoddy logic and inane thinking going on here.

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I think you need to check more sources. The injury is a tear to his LCL which is a longer heal time than an ACL.

Not true .. it's the exact opposite. LCL is less recovery time than an ACL, by an estimated 2 months.

SkinsJock wrote:I am done reading about "the knee" OR hearing from quacks :lol:

ALL THAT MATTERS to me is what Dr Andrews says and intimates ...

Congratulations ... the most illogical post of the month. The general prognosis for recovering from a multi-ligament reconstruction is nowhere near 6 months, and that number shouldn't even enter a reasonable conversation. The history is clear, and those who simply state the facts are not "Quacks" ... these other voices are qualified surgeons who have done many of these same procedures and know what the realistic recovery times are.

Your first clue to the absurdity of this alleged 6 Month recovery window is the fact that Adrian Peterson's recovery is considered unprecedented and miraculous, and his recovery took over 8 months, and by all accounts, able to perform, but not "fully healed" because full healing takes 12 months. But to say you don't care what anyone else says other than Andrews is a confession that you really have no grasp of the details and context of the situation, and why the doctor might sugar coat the more realistic expectations for recovery. Frankly, you are ignoring the politics clearly at play here, and the fact that both Andrews and Shanahan now own this debacle equally. We've already seen Andrews backtrack on statements he made that caused a mini-controversy which placed Shanahan in an unfavorable light. So I wouldn't take Andrews soft-shoe as some form of biblical fact.

grampi wrote:I'll bet anyone a steak dinner he's ready to play the 1st preseason game...

The idiom "a fool and his money are soon parted" comes to mind here.

Gentlemen ... lets use our heads for something other than a place to put our Redskin caps on backwards, OKAY?

For those oblivious to the politics surrounding this issue, listen up. Andrews made some comments that the media jumped on like a dog on a bone and came after Shanahan with hard questions about his honesty ... and of course, we are then presented with the "miscommunication" explanation, and technically, Andrews revised his statements accordingly. Now, moving forward, we have the Seattle game, with Andrews on the sidelines, ostensibly monitoring RG3's status, as he limps around the field, clearly not right, and Shanahan making the decision to allow him to continue playing, with the safety net of having Andrews there as a quasi-endorsement for that decision. In lieu of Andrews telling Shanahan outright ... he can't play anymore ... Shanahan has this inbuilt buffer for any criticism or fall out, and by the same token, the Doctor cannot do anything but agree, if he did not directly object to RG3 remaining in the game. So what could he possibly say after the fact?

After the game, the initial secrecy or unwillingness to provide a definitive diagnosis is a red flag. We have this "question mark" about the extent of the damage, and told that they would reserve judgement on the ACL, and perform the LCL reconstruction and look at the ACL while doing so. Then the story shifts again to say that both will be reconstructed, and surgery is scheduled immediately.

In another thread, I told you all that during time of going to Florida for re-examination, Shanahan would be combing through the film, looking for evidence to support the notion that the additional injury occurred late in the game, rather than much earlier, which we saw with our own eyes during the second series in the 1st Q, and the subsequent total inability of RG3 to function ... run or pass accurately for the next 3 quarters of play. And low and behold, sue-prise sue-prise, Shanahan comes out with his evidence that he thinks it was the sack just prior to the bad snap, knee buckling event late in the 4th quarter that caused the additional injury.

That of course is "plausible" when looking at the film. Heck, such damage can occur without contact at all, and without definitive visual evidence other than the collapse of the quad muscles releasing when the ligament goes. (which we do have visual evidence of it happening in the 1st quarter!!!). Furthermore, the damage could be cumulative, occurring over the course of play from that point forward ... the already damaged LCL, could have given way in the 1st Q ... and that additional instability allowed for the ACL injury later ... or the ACL could have torn in the 1st Q. NOBODY CAN SAY with any rock solid degree of certainty. But what is certain ... and one best not overlook this fact .... the sack which Shanahan claims is when the additional injury occurred was a result of a player who was incapable at that point of escaping the pass rush, or protecting himself. So either way, it does not exonerate Shanahan or the Doctor for the poor judgement in allowing RG3 to continue playing until he physically could no longer remain on the field.

Now if you were born yesterday ... if your butt just fell off the cabbage truck yesterday afternoon, then you might miss this clear exercise of damage control and C-Y-A going on here ... but for anyone else that isn't an infant, the situation is a little more evident. The fact is, it would look T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E for both Andrews and Shanahan if anyone believed that additional injury occurred in the 1st quarter, and they both agreed to allow RG3 to continue playing, and risking ADDITIONAL DAMAGE to his knee for 3 bloody quarters of live football action, to include called bootleg plays, one of which was called in the freaking 4th quarter!!!!

Am I the only one willing to look beneath the surface, or scrutinize this official "narrative"? Come on ... this isn't rocket science .. just common sense boys.

Even Shanahan himself said that anyone who would ignore the Doctor's advice to pull him from the game should be "fired". Of course, that's a self serving statement since it is obvious that the Doc apparently made no such recommendation, so both Andrews and Shanahan are now in bed together on this, and both have everything to loose, credibility and integrity wise, by not sticking to the same conclusion favorable to themselves.

And if you were the doctor or Shanahan, which story would you prefer to offer the owner of this wrecked Lamborghini .... 1) that he'll be good as new for the upcoming season ... or 2) that he'd better resign himself to using his backup car for most of 2013, as his prized race car is pretty banged up?

I hope Snyder has the intelligence to see through this CYA smokescreen, but I'm afraid, even if he does, doing anything other than supporting Shanahan could place the Redskins organization in legal jeopardy of negligence in the safety of the player ... so it's probably going to just be swept under the rug.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:59 pm

The Hogster wrote:I can't stand emotional fans.

:shock:
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:02 pm

I love the fact that we have two threads called "Good news about RGIII's knee" and "Bad news about RGIII's knee". It just seems so very Hogs.net :-)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:02 pm

GUILTY - and I'll repeat it ...

regarding RG3's knee - I DON"T CARE WHAT ANYONE (OTHER THAN DR ANDREWS) SAYS OR IS QUOTED AS SAYING OR WRITING

that's just me - most here just seem to want to appear as being knowledgeable about this - I doubt that anyone here can convince me that they have a better idea of what is going on in that joint than Dr Andrews

btw - I'm having a lot of fun reading some of this STUPID stuff

Dr Andrews will provide the medical 'stuff' I need and RG3 will show me that he hasn't lost a step and may in fact be 'faster' when he gets back on the field
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:09 pm

ACTUALLY - Ray .... thanks for confirming something I've thought for a long while

you really do not have much of a clue at all, do you - why else would you go to such incredible trouble to try and make a silly little point with so may of your posts

HAIL

Currently 50-41

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:13 pm

My head hurts.

swine

Postby SKIN4LIFE » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:13 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
SKIN4LIFE wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:People I think you all need to do some simple research about LCL injuries and time tables. For the people that don't get it, the LCL is FAR MORE COMPLEX than an ACL or MCL tear. I believe that RG3 will come back and may even be better than ever but I doubt he comes back in 2013. 9-12 months people for a full LCL recovery. People also understand this has nothing to do with Adrian Peterson or his injury the LCL is the worst injury and when they use a complete RECONSTRUCTION verbage I tend to think that the knee is SHREDDED. The best thing that can happen is the knee get's fully repaired, and during next year's season he rehab's and get the muscles strong again and works on his explosion and continues to study the play book. 2014 he comes back hungrier than ever and then craps on the division again. I truly believe next year is a wash for RG3 and anyone that believes he will be back is basically a gullible imbecile.
[list=]

Fool4life, clever, but I'm sure we can measure intelligence on many levels and I would far surpass you. Additionally, name calling supports this fact.

As for the LCL, I'm sure all doctors are not linked to the team, and as I stated in the original post, all doctors are downplaying the LCL injury in comparison to the ACL. I'm a Biochemistry and Molecular Biology major which allows me to say I know a little about the body, and I agree with what I'm hearing. Something tells me you lack a degree relating to health and/or the human body so I will restrain from commenting on anything else you have to say because the comment is probably false.

Take care DaSkinz Baby.

What are you talking about. Every doctor on tv, and there have been several, said the complete opposite. The LCL is least important and will heal faster due to increased blood flow. We need to hear what Andrews encountered while performing the surgery and set expectations from there. For the record and to ensure posters aren't misled, your statements around the LCL are false.[/list]

WRONG my comments about the LCL are true and after the wasps flying around Redskins Park now and DeMaurice Smith investigating you don't think the Redskins are spinning this? Come on SKIN4LIFE don't be that much of a FOOL4LIFE the LCL is the longest tendon to heal KNOWN FACT and the fact that I have posted what I have read, learned and heard is a simple matter of what I have found. Nothing doom and gloom about it. How the hell is the LCL the least important when it's what stablizes the knee from doing what it did in the 4th quarter? BEND THE WAY ITS NOT SUPPOSED TOO?? COME ON MAN!!!!
Changing the ways of Today (salary cap) will allow us to celebrate championships in the Future.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:20 pm

SkinsJock wrote:ACTUALLY - Ray .... thanks for confirming something I've thought for a long while

you really do not have much of a clue at all, do you - why else would you go to such incredible trouble to try and make a silly little point with so may of your posts

No "trouble" on my part ... the "trouble" resides in your inability to understand the simple points ... not the points themselves.

That, was confirmed long ago .. not here.

swine

Postby SKIN4LIFE » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Fool4life, clever, but I'm sure we can measure intelligence on many levels and I would far surpass you. Additionally, name calling supports this fact.

As for the LCL, I'm sure all doctors are not linked to the team, and as I stated in the original post, all doctors are downplaying the LCL injury in comparison to the ACL. I'm a Biochemistry and Molecular Biology major which allows me to say I know a little about the body, and I agree with what I'm hearing. Something tells me you lack a degree relating to health and/or the human body so I will restrain from commenting on anything else you have to say because the comment is probably false.

Take care DaSkinz Baby.
Changing the ways of Today (salary cap) will allow us to celebrate championships in the Future.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:25 pm

SkinsJock wrote::roll: OH NO! .. I was kind of enjoying reading some of the really STUPID posts and hypotheses ... they took me away from considering the reality ....

Oh, you mean like "Good News!!! RG3's Knee only needs massive reconstructive surgery" ???

Guess what .... apparently some people actually understand my "silly points". :roll:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football