Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:28 pm

RayNAustin wrote:
SkinsJock wrote::roll: OH NO! .. I was kind of enjoying reading some of the really STUPID posts and hypotheses ... they took me away from considering the reality ....

Oh, you mean like "Good News!!! RG3's Knee only needs massive reconstructive surgery" ???

Guess what .... apparently some people actually understand my "silly points". :roll:

After a bit of encouragement and a few consecutive good posts in previous months, we are back to the OLD RAY: bitter, sour, pessimistic, negative, emotional, and, most importantly, he KNOWS IT ALL better than ANYBODY else.

Thanks for the reminder, Ray, it was time to re-discover the OLD RAY. :roll:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:I love the fact that we have two threads called "Good news about RGIII's knee" and "Bad news about RGIII's knee". It just seems so very Hogs.net :-)

Sounds a bit "Orwellian" to me.

Son: Good news and bad news dad ... I wrapped your brand new corvette around a telephone pole.

Dad: What's the good news?

Son: I didn't die in the accident, so you'll still have the pleasure of killing me!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:There's no point in speculating on recovery time when no one has an idea of what exactly the doctors are doing with the knee. Mort appears to have jumped the gun with his report, and we won't know anything until after the surgery is completed.

It was completed this afternoon. He's going to rehab in Florida.
Update 12:21 p.m.: A person familiar with the situation said that Robert Griffin III’s knee surgery was completed just after noon Wednesday.
Dr. James Andrews repaired both Griffin’s lateral collateral and anterior cruciate ligaments, the person said. According to that person, Griffin plans to remain in Florida for the foreseeable future to be monitored and begin his rehabilitation. The initial six to eight weeks of recovery are considered critical key to his rehabilitation, the person said.

Update 10:57: While conducting surgery to repair the torn lateral collateral ligament in Robert Griffin III’s right knee, Dr. James Andrews found that the quarterback’s anterior cruciate ligament “needs to be stronger,” according to a person with knowledge of the situation.
It wasn’t immediately clear whether the ACL could be repaired, or if it would be completely replaced. Andrews already is repairing Griffin’s LCL.
Griffin’s surgery, which began at 7 a.m, was going well overall, the person said. There was no word on how long the procedure would take.

The Redskins haven’t responded to requests for information on the surgery or the condition of Griffin’s knee, which was determined when he was examined by Andrews in Gulf Breeze, Fla., on Tuesday.
Mark Adickes, the orthopedist who performed Griffin’s original ACL surgery in 2009, declined to comment, saying that he is consulting with the Griffin family and physicians at this time.
A person familiar with the situation said around 7 a.m. that Robert Griffin III’s surgery was underway. The person said Griffin’s lateral collateral ligament will be repaired and doctors will determine the extent of damage to his anterior cruciate ligament.
That person denied a report by ESPN saying doctors already had diagnosed a complete ACL tear. It’s possible that extensive damage to Griffin’s ACL will be found but doctors had not determined that to be the case prior to the surgery, the person said.
Before heading into surgery Griffin tweeted a message of thanks.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:
SkinsJock wrote::roll: OH NO! .. I was kind of enjoying reading some of the really STUPID posts and hypotheses ... they took me away from considering the reality ....

Oh, you mean like "Good News!!! RG3's Knee only needs massive reconstructive surgery" ???

Guess what .... apparently some people actually understand my "silly points". :roll:

After a bit of encouragement and a few consecutive good posts in previous months, we are back to the OLD RAY: bitter, sour, pessimistic, negative, emotional, and, most importantly, he KNOWS IT ALL better than ANYBODY else.

I suggest you rediscover your memory about how many times I was right.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:33 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:BS is BS - Dr Andrews knows what is going on

there are a lot of 'quacks' that think they do :lol:

LOTS of quacks and quite A FEW TROLLS........roaming around here

But it is EXCITING to make INFLAMATORY statements in the absence of reliable information.

Who wishes to WAIT for a PROFESSIONAL diagnosis of the healing AFTER surgery?

Certainly not a TROLL or a quack. FACTS have nothing to do with emotion and misinformation.

I will hear carefully the news and report made AFTER surgery. And since there is NOTHING I can do other than pray and wish for the BEST, I will do that in the meantime.

Oh! and since I am a fan, I will cheer RG throughout his entire recovery.

RGIII !!! RGIII !!! RGIII !!! RGIII !!! RGIII !!! RGIII !!!

:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

swine

Postby masterkwon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:37 pm

What's everybody so shocked about? Before preseason started I said the reconstructed knee would be an issue. It's not rocket science folks. The Little One knew the risk he was taking before he mortgaged the franchise on Robert.

Hog

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:38 pm

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:
NYFINESTSKINSFAN wrote:
Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote::shock: Didn't know there are so many perfect people in this world who do the right thing every time and who have never made a bad decision in their life :roll:

Mike made a huge mistake, maybe the worse of his career and he needs to own up to it. He is the HC and the buck stops with him. You see your most prized player hobbling all over the field, you pull him out. A non expert like myself knew that and I was right. Even in that case I don't think he deserves to be fired. He does need to learn from this and I think he will be a better and more responsible head coach than before. I just pray that RGIII will be back and better than before for 2014, if God's will, 2013.

Maybe he did. Its easy to sit in front of your TV watching it all from the outside and only knowing what you have been told then say what was the right thing to do. You really know nothing about the people involved, what was going threw their heads and you didn't have a kid in front of you going " I'm fine and I want to be out there". And what if it all went for the good? What if we won and he didn't hurt himself more?Then everyone would be on here saying they knew that was going to happen too. They see it right, they see it well and yet they think this saves me from my hell

Nope, so the biggest acquisition in Skins history is clearly hobbling all over the field barely able to make passes and in clear pain, you take him out. It doesn't take a head coach to know to make a common sense decision.

We can what if all we like, but RGIII being seriously injured is not a what if but a matter of fact.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm

The Hogster wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:There's no point in speculating on recovery time when no one has an idea of what exactly the doctors are doing with the knee. Mort appears to have jumped the gun with his report, and we won't know anything until after the surgery is completed.

It was completed this afternoon. He's going to rehab in Florida.
Update 12:21 p.m.: A person familiar with the situation said that Robert Griffin III’s knee surgery was completed just after noon Wednesday.
Dr. James Andrews repaired both Griffin’s lateral collateral and anterior cruciate ligaments, the person said. According to that person, Griffin plans to remain in Florida for the foreseeable future to be monitored and begin his rehabilitation. The initial six to eight weeks of recovery are considered critical key to his rehabilitation, the person said.

Update 10:57: While conducting surgery to repair the torn lateral collateral ligament in Robert Griffin III’s right knee, Dr. James Andrews found that the quarterback’s anterior cruciate ligament “needs to be stronger,” according to a person with knowledge of the situation.
It wasn’t immediately clear whether the ACL could be repaired, or if it would be completely replaced. Andrews already is repairing Griffin’s LCL.
Griffin’s surgery, which began at 7 a.m, was going well overall, the person said. There was no word on how long the procedure would take.

The Redskins haven’t responded to requests for information on the surgery or the condition of Griffin’s knee, which was determined when he was examined by Andrews in Gulf Breeze, Fla., on Tuesday.
Mark Adickes, the orthopedist who performed Griffin’s original ACL surgery in 2009, declined to comment, saying that he is consulting with the Griffin family and physicians at this time.
A person familiar with the situation said around 7 a.m. that Robert Griffin III’s surgery was underway. The person said Griffin’s lateral collateral ligament will be repaired and doctors will determine the extent of damage to his anterior cruciate ligament.
That person denied a report by ESPN saying doctors already had diagnosed a complete ACL tear. It’s possible that extensive damage to Griffin’s ACL will be found but doctors had not determined that to be the case prior to the surgery, the person said.
Before heading into surgery Griffin tweeted a message of thanks.

Thanks man! Over 5 hour surgery.

Thanks for the HIGHLIGHTED portion, which is what really matters.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:48 pm

RayNAustin wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:

I suggest you rediscover your memory about how many times I was right.

Ohhhh! There is plenty of them BOTH ways, Ray.

You are just getting EMOTION and FEAR take over the rational approach which you SOME TIMES take. :wink:

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Stop whining. What's done is done. We aren't playing this weekend because we lost. Should we, could we, and would we have won with a healthy RGIII?? Yes.

But, that wasn't the case, and it does nothing to cry over spilled milk. Let's hope that he can put this knee issue behind him now that it's been repaired. The positive aspect of this is that structurally his knee will be stronger than ever. And, at age 22, he should regain his strength, speed, and explosiveness a lot quicker than he would if he were 29 or so.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:53 pm

The Hogster wrote:Stop whining. What's done is done. We aren't playing this weekend because we lost. Should we, could we, and would we have won with a healthy RGIII?? Yes.

But, that wasn't the case, and it does nothing to cry over spilled milk. Let's hope that he can put this knee issue behind him now that it's been repaired. The positive aspect of this is that structurally his knee will be stronger than ever. And, at age 22, he should regain his strength, speed, and explosiveness a lot quicker than he would if he were 29 or so.

AMEN.

If there was a good ending to a thread, this would be it!

Well done, Hogster, well done!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:53 pm

NYFINESTSKINSFAN wrote:
Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:
NYFINESTSKINSFAN wrote:
Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote::shock: Didn't know there are so many perfect people in this world who do the right thing every time and who have never made a bad decision in their life :roll:

Mike made a huge mistake, maybe the worse of his career and he needs to own up to it. He is the HC and the buck stops with him. You see your most prized player hobbling all over the field, you pull him out. A non expert like myself knew that and I was right. Even in that case I don't think he deserves to be fired. He does need to learn from this and I think he will be a better and more responsible head coach than before. I just pray that RGIII will be back and better than before for 2014, if God's will, 2013.

Maybe he did. Its easy to sit in front of your TV watching it all from the outside and only knowing what you have been told then say what was the right thing to do. You really know nothing about the people involved, what was going threw their heads and you didn't have a kid in front of you going " I'm fine and I want to be out there". And what if it all went for the good? What if we won and he didn't hurt himself more?Then everyone would be on here saying they knew that was going to happen too. They see it right, they see it well and yet they think this saves me from my hell

Nope, so the biggest acquisition in Skins history is clearly hobbling all over the field barely able to make passes and in clear pain, you take him out. It doesn't take a head coach to know to make a common sense decision.

We can what if all we like, but RGIII being seriously injured is not a what if but a matter of fact.

How true, how vry true. However one can deduce that unless your SKIN4LIFE you can't have a differing opinion and post on a message board without being a fool. Because it's obvious that SKIN4LIFE is actually either Daniel Snyder or Jesus Christ and knows everything...... :shock: :shock:

Hog

Postby gushogs » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:54 pm

I was gonna start crying over spilled milk, but...... All left to be done is hope and pray for the best. After last season with Peterson rushing for +2100 yds after his surgery, I won't be surprise if RG3 is the starting QB by opening day, also it won't be a surprise if he doesn't play in 2013. Last thing for me to say is that whoever has the crystal ball that got Kirk drafted last April is better than the Mayans by faaaaar.
HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:12 pm

The Hogster wrote:Stop whining. What's done is done. We aren't playing this weekend because we lost. Should we, could we, and would we have won with a healthy RGIII?? Yes.

+1....Couldn't have said it better myself Hogster....We got a heck of a future and I'm darn excited about it
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:15 pm

I assume that Robert Griffin will rehab all next season. So be it. Better a rehab than to have him crippled.

Time to move on.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football