Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby TimSkin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:59 pm

The Hogster wrote:People are confusing recovery with performance. Adrian Peterson's "recovery" was on schedule with other athletes who have torn knee ligaments. The phenomal aspect of Peterson's case, is the level at which he's played after that 8 1/2 period, and the position he plays.

He plays a position that demands a lot from the knees, and he came back just as explosive--if not moreso--than he was before. Most people expected him to gradually get back into form. He hit the ground running as if he had a regular offseason and actually improved in many ways.

There is no doubt that RGIII will be "recovered" from his surgery by September. The only question is whether he will be able to be the same player right away. Some of us are optimistic because he is a freakish athlete with a freakish work ethic, much like Peterson.

Others think that he should rest for 12 months to be safe. What they base this on? Who knows.

All in all, it's not up to us. So, I'll trust what I know and have seen from RGIII, and that's that if anyone can return from this injury and be better than ever, it's guys like AP and RGIII. Based on everything I read, the rehab process will determine how quickly he regains his world class explosion. Adrian Peterson said in an interview that he's better now because the knee is more structurally sound AND that rehabbing forced him to pay more attention to his body. To take more time with strengthening his body.

For me, I think of what RGIII will look like on the field with a strong knee, and much more powerful quads, calves, hamstrings, core muscles etc. He has no choice but to become even more of a freak. And that has me optimistic.

Hogster you didn't happen to read that article where they quoted Peterson's physical therapist/man in charge of rehab did ya? :)
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

########

Postby Scottskins » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:03 pm

You guys are crazy. The fact is, shanahan isn't going anywhere, rg3 will heal, probably quicker because of who he is, and the question of should he have played and when, simply doesn't matter. Snyder, shanahan and rg3 have and will discuss this thing to death, and undoubtedly will many more times. They will handle it, and none of us will be privy to those conversations. Let it go already.
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:04 pm

Per DR ANDREWS HIMSELF
“Robert Griffin III had successful knee surgery early this morning. He had a direct repair of his LCL and a re-do of his previous ACL reconstruction. We expect a full recovery and it is everybody’s hope and belief that due to Robert’s high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season. The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career.”
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:05 pm

All of this back and forth on whats going on with his knee is busy work for idle hands. I say he'll be playing week 1. Some say he should be out until 2014.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/what-rg3- ... O3C0m-5NjQ
This article lays out what the options are with regard to recovery depending on what the surgery actually was. For me, it crystallizes that even a Dr. doesn't know until the rehab starts, the knee and progress are monitored and the individual responds to tests the timetable.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

piggie

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:07 pm

And there ya go.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:13 pm

I AM NOT A DOCTOR of anything

I've heard that the early period of the rehab (6-8 weeks?) is VERY important ..

I understand that this 'early' rehab time is going to be in Florida - that's nice :lol:

I do think that RG3 will 'apply' himself and get all the support and encouragement he needs to get "well" again ..

the kid is VERY special and if AP can do it I have every faith that RG3 will be fine too - this kid is an Olympic level athlete

I look for the knee to be in even better 'shape' than it was and for RG3 to be even more motivated (than AP was) to come back and lead his team

Faster and Wiser baby :wink:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:15 pm

emoses14 wrote:All of this back and forth on whats going on with his knee is busy work for idle hands. I say he'll be playing week 1. Some say he should be out until 2014.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/what-rg3- ... O3C0m-5NjQ
This article lays out what the options are with regard to recovery depending on what the surgery actually was. For me, it crystallizes that even a Dr. doesn't know until the rehab starts, the knee and progress are monitored and the individual responds to tests the timetable.

I'm looking for faster and wiser :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:38 pm

This is just hyperbole and speculation so dont take it to seriously. I am just thinking what ifs here.
But what if Griffin already tore the ACL back at the Ravens game? They have the MRI results were he is going to require surgery.
RG3 says to the doctors and coaching staff that he wants to keep playing if he is going to have to have surgery anyways. So the Doctor and team put out a false report saying no structural damage.

Remember when we beat the Ravens we still had a couple of games to win. The playoffs was not a sure thing until the end of the season.

RG3 tore his ACL in college during a game. He returned to play the same game plays later.

I am thinking he tore it that day. The Ravens game and Ngatas hit. He decides to just keep going this season knowing that he is going to have to have surgery anyways.

Just speculating here so take it easy. I am just saying what if.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:39 pm

grampi wrote:
The Hogster wrote:This is more about his agenda to convince people to panic, than it is about actually seeing what happens.

Agreed. NOBODY KNOWS for sure how this is going to play out...RG3 may not be able to play at all this year, or he may be ready for the 1st preseason game....it's all speculation at this point...

Exactly. All doctors can do is give an estimate and we don't even have that from the Dr. Andrews right now so it's all speculation. Different people heal at different speeds and there can always be setbacks, so nobody can know with any certainty when RGIII will be back. He's a hard worker so I'm certain he'll rehab hard so hopefully he is back sooner rather than later.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:45 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:This is just hyperbole and speculation so dont take it to seriously. I am just thinking what ifs here.
But what if Griffin already tore the ACL back at the Ravens game? They have the MRI results were he is going to require surgery.
RG3 says to the doctors and coaching staff that he wants to keep playing if he is going to have to have surgery anyways. So the Doctor and team put out a false report saying no structural damage.

Remember when we beat the Ravens we still had a couple of games to win. The playoffs was not a sure thing until the end of the season.

RG3 tore his ACL in college during a game. He returned to play the same game plays later.

I am thinking he tore it that day. The Ravens game and Ngatas hit. He decides to just keep going this season knowing that he is going to have to have surgery anyways.

I know you're speculating but I highly doubt if ANY coaching staff would be that stupid even though the Chargers did it during the playoffs with Rivers; RG3 is a rookie, the season wasn't over, and we still had a ways to go before locking up a playoff seed at the time. That would be like putting 5 bullets in a revolver and playing russian roulette.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:48 pm

TimSkin wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:This is just hyperbole and speculation so dont take it to seriously. I am just thinking what ifs here.

I know you're speculating but I highly doubt if ANY coaching staff would be that stupid

Highly unlikely. If the team did something like that they'd get hit with major sanctions by the NFL.
Suck and Luck

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Ya you guys are probably right. But I wouldn't put it past RG3 doing it if given the choice. Anyhow get well soon RG3.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:54 pm

Dr Andrews has issued a statement. He expects RG3 to be ready for next season.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... octor-says

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

########

Postby Scottskins » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:09 pm

You guys are crazy. The fact is, shanahan isn't going anywhere, rg3 will heal, probably quicker because of who he is, and the question of should he have played and when, simply doesn't matter. Snyder, shanahan and rg3 have and will discuss this thing to death, and undoubtedly will many more times. They will handle it, and none of us will be privy to those conversations. Let it go already.
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:39 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I am done reading about "the knee" OR hearing from quacks :lol:

ALL THAT MATTERS to me is what Dr Andrews says and intimates ...

The bad news is that RG3 has some damage to the ACL and the LCL - THAT IS ALL

The good news is that he's already had the surgery (Wednesday morning) and there's a chance that he could be ready to play in September

This kid is an exceptional athlete with "world class" ability - I expect to see him back behind center this season and playing better than we saw in 2012

END OF DOOM AND GLOOM :lol:

+1

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football