Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:50 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Don't forget they'll probably be putting him on medical steroids to speed the recovery.

Not to join the chorus of "little doctors" but when I tore my plantars fascia nothing was working short of surgery. I had to get minor knee surgery for a separate issue and they put me on steroids on and off over a two month period. Healed up just fine and I'm a very slow healer

Oh great. Steriods, PEDs.......Goodahell is sure to levy fines and suspension on RGIII
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:22 am

tribeofjudah wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Don't forget they'll probably be putting him on medical steroids to speed the recovery.

Not to join the chorus of "little doctors" but when I tore my plantars fascia nothing was working short of surgery. I had to get minor knee surgery for a separate issue and they put me on steroids on and off over a two month period. Healed up just fine and I'm a very slow healer

Oh great. Steriods, PEDs.......Goodahell is sure to levy fines and suspension on RGIII

Offseason use and not anabolic

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:22 am

DarthMonk wrote:Nice merge. Thanks.
+1

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:32 am

TimSkin wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:This is just hyperbole and speculation so dont take it to seriously. I am just thinking what ifs here.
But what if Griffin already tore the ACL back at the Ravens game? They have the MRI results were he is going to require surgery.
RG3 says to the doctors and coaching staff that he wants to keep playing if he is going to have to have surgery anyways. So the Doctor and team put out a false report saying no structural damage.

Remember when we beat the Ravens we still had a couple of games to win. The playoffs was not a sure thing until the end of the season.

RG3 tore his ACL in college during a game. He returned to play the same game plays later.

I am thinking he tore it that day. The Ravens game and Ngatas hit. He decides to just keep going this season knowing that he is going to have to have surgery anyways.

Just speculating here so take it easy. I am just saying what if.

I know you're speculating but I highly doubt if ANY coaching staff would be that stupid even though the Chargers did it during the playoffs with Rivers; RG3 is a rookie, the season wasn't over, and we still had a ways to go before locking up a playoff seed at the time. That would be like putting 5 bullets in a revolver and playing russian roulette.

The difference between RG3 and Rivers is that Rivers' ACL was completely torn already so he couldn't damage his ACL any more (of course he could damage the rest of his knee - cartilage, meniscus, and other ligaments), while RG3 could have damaged further. We know his ACL wasn't completely torn since it wasn't completely torn when they operated on it.

I would wager that there was some damage done to the ACL in the Raven's game but it was minor, but that is just a WAG.

In hind sight wish we had rested him at least one more game, but who knows if that would have helped. Shanny could have pulled him after the second TD in the CHawks game and the damage may have already been done. Maybe not to the same extent, but to the point where it would have required surgery.

That is the point to all of this, no one really knows anything. Heck the Drs and coaching staff weren't sure of anything. Even they were guessing. They were making an educated guess, but it was still a guess.

All we truly know is Robert will be in for a painful frustrating off season. He would have been better able to prepare for next season if he want doing rehab.

I just hope, anyone but the Redskins' training staff oversees his rehab, because I don't trust them as far as I can throw Roseanne Barr. Duplicate
Last edited by skinsfan#33 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:40 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:I just hope, anyone but the Redskins' training staff oversees his rehab, ...

Agreed.

Good post overall. +1
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:42 am

I'd be very surprised if Danny and Mike are not looking very closely at the medical & physical members of this franchise

This franchise can afford to have Dr Andrews on the sidelines and yet, it seems to me, he's not really able to do what he should

- over the past few years, there are other instances as well here that it seems the strength and conditioning guys have not done a very good job

are these guys the same old guys or are they new?
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:46 am

As I understand it and I do NOT have a clue ...

RG3 had the operation at Dr Andrews' Florida facility and is staying there for the initial 2 months BECAUSE that period is VERY critical to the rehab process

I THINK
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

cleg

Postby cleg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 am

SkinsJock wrote:I'd be very surprised if Danny and Mike are not looking very closely at the medical & physical members of this franchise

This franchise can afford to have Dr Andrews on the sidelines and yet, it seems to me, he's not really able to do what he should

- over the past few years, there are other instances as well here that it seems the strength and conditioning guys have not done a very good job

are these guys the same old guys or are they new?

They let Orakpo back in the Rams game - was the damage done before that or after? RG3, we know the deal there.

Player, most specifically, new Pro Bowler LL30 complained loudly about the Redskins training staff. Heck, they did not think that maybe CR22 had problems with his eyes. I agree 100% - keep these wacko's away from RG3 and let him work with the real experts.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 am

I believe the whole medical staff should be replaced and I think Dr. Andrews should be involved in the hiring of new personel, Orakpo had the same injury last year that he reinjured this year, and so did Ray Lewis but we see the difference. I also think that when RG3 was injured in the Raven's game he should have been put on IR. Seriously because what grade 1 strain get's worse 1 month after the fact. Mike Shanahan may have believed RG3 wasn't as injured as he was or made a bad decision, in any event what's done is done and we can't go back now. We can only go further and hope Snyder brings in new medical people and gives Dr. Andrews more lead way and hope that Snyder also does something with the field at FEDEX Field, it was embarrassing what happened to the Bermuda Grass that was once a staple there during the early years??? Isn't this team worth more than green mud??? Heck RFK never had turf that messed up.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:05 pm

P-E-R-S-P-E-C-T-I-V-E

Because Robert’s patellar tendon in his right knee was used to perform his initial ACL reconstruction the patellar tendon in his uninjured left knee had to be used to create a new ACL. This means the pain he will have to withstand will be doubled and nearly equal for both knees.

Ouch.

His parents told me that upon awakening, feeling the searing pain in both knees, he was immediately alerted to the extent of his injury and the magnitude of his surgery.

Ouch. Ouch.

When rehabbing his right knee after the initial ACL reconstruction, which I performed in 2009, the physical therapists and athletic trainers spent the bulk of their time trying to slow Robert down.

The work ethic, determination and drive that he has will make regaining his strength a non-issue. He could realistically be ready for the regular-season opener, but I’m sure a conservative approach will be employed when determining the timing for his return to play.

No pressure, no diamonds.

Next season, I would not be surprised if he is named Comeback Player of the Year

I intentionally left off the rest of that last sentence because, honestly, Super Bowl next year seems far fetched. . .
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:09 pm

SkinsJock wrote:As I understand it and I do NOT have a clue ...

:shock:

Admitting is the first step.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:22 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote: Heck RFK never had turf that messed up.

Oh yes it did. The playoffs after the '91 season were played on one of the most torn up fields in history, particularly the Falcons game (it was raining the whole time). But back then, we considered it an advantage, because we had a mudder for a RB. :wink:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote: Heck RFK never had turf that messed up.

Oh yes it did. The playoffs after the '91 season were played on one of the most torn up fields in history, particularly the Falcons game (it was raining the whole time). But back then, we considered it an advantage, because we had a mudder for a RB. :wink:

Remember when Mosely basically could not make a FG against the 49Rs? Field was horrible. I think it was 1983.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:30 pm

I just spoke with RG3.. he said thanks for the support and prayers. He also said he's already starting jogging around his living room so he's on track already to practice next month. He did mention that he'd quit if FedexField's turf isn't fixed. Also, apparently DannyBoy snores on his flights.

Later!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby (d)oink » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:36 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:I just spoke with RG3.. he said thanks for the support and prayers. He also said he's already starting jogging around his living room so he's on track already to practice next month. He did mention that he'd quit if FedexField's turf isn't fixed. Also, apparently DannyBoy snores on his flights.

Later!
:-k
What the....

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football