Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby GoodOldDays » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:02 pm

The Hogster wrote:Keep in mind that he's a QB though. He's not running full speed into a an object that is applying force in the opposite direction. Robert just needs to retain that speed and elusiveness that helps him be a dual threat.

Absolutely. I'm far less worried because of the quality of Griffin's arm and the position he plays. If he was a tailback I'd be a very concerned.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:26 am

Well, I admire the positive thinking, and that's exactly what RGIII is going to need himself.

Fingers still crossed.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:34 am

RG3 might be slower or he might be quicker ...

I have NO DOUBT that he will be the fastest QB playing in the NFL

AND

he's had a season to grow mentally ...

there's a lot of ways to look at this - I just prefer the positive

one other thing - RG3 would not be working on improving his legs in quite the same manner and with the focus that he will now be doing

just a matter of time ... and I don't think anyone will be able to keep him off the field when he's ready to go
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:10 pm

SkinsJock wrote:RG3 might be slower or he might be quicker ...

AND

one other thing - RG3 would not be working on improving his legs in quite the same manner and with the focus that he will now be doing

just a matter of time ... and I don't think anyone will be able to keep him off the field when he's ready to go

He's already breathing down Dr. Andrews' neck about getting a jump on rehabilitation.

Dude is ready to dominate.

Ok roll your eyes in advance on this one...

I had minor knee surgery 2 years ago and my knee was so swollen that I couldn't bend it. They started me on rehab to get the tendon from "losing range of motion" the next day. It was the most agonizing, painful thing I've ever experienced and I wined the entire time.

For this guy to ASK for that out of a major knee surgery...tip of the hat to you my brother; that's serious heart.

Hog

Postby jmooney » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Im ready to go jump off of the balcony just so we can rehab together. Anyone have Doc Andrew's number? :lol:

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:36 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:

AND

He's already breathing down Dr. Andrews' neck about getting a jump on rehabilitation.

I had minor knee surgery 2 years ago and my knee was so swollen that I couldn't bend it. They started me on rehab to get the tendon from "losing range of motion" the next day. It was the most agonizing, painful thing I've ever experienced and I wined the entire time.

For this guy to ASK for that out of a major knee surgery...tip of the hat to you my brother; that's serious heart.

Well.. I hear ya, but the last thing we want is for him to push to hard. That was my biggest problem. I had the machine at home used it that night after full ACL reconstruction and mcl something and some otherness.. I had to conciously slow down, use the crutches with less weight on the foot, turn slower etc. I ended up golfing (it was my right leg I'm right handed.. and an offer I couldn't refuse Paako!), within a month- I want to say two weeks but that seems ignorant.. great.

Long story short I was to quick to soon to much. and it isn't 100%. The knee swells and the hot atmosphere is not ideal for a tendon to grow in. I hope he can limit himself and just prop it and do nothing. Hardest part of it all is letting it heal and avoiding over exertion.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:54 pm

The Hogster wrote:For me, I think of what RGIII will look like on the field with a strong knee, and much more powerful quads, calves, hamstrings, core muscles etc. He has no choice but to become even more of a freak. And that has me optimistic.

This is really spot on IMO. Strausburg did this. He worked on his elbow ... AND EVERYTHING ELSE.

Also, from the Where can RGIII improve? thread:

DarthMonk wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:This is and isn't my biggest concern with RGIII: Kyle!!!

The above was my first thought but as for RGIII himself:

He needs to know when to be daring. That's probably not in the 1st qtr. of the 1st game when he can take a risk and give us 2nd and 2 instead of 2nd and 8 near midfield. He might need to be lucky early until he learns when to be daring.

Vick still doesn't know.

DarthMonk

and

DarthMonk wrote:Michael Vick - 6-0, 215

Troy Aikman - 6-4, 219

Robert Griffin III - 6-2, 223

Taller than Vick with an extra 8 pounds and he just turned 22. No more track either. Likely to add 10 pounds this year in the weight room.

An inch and a half shorter than Aikman but already 4 pounds heavier.

It won't be about his bulk. It will be about his decisions and, of course, luck.

DarthMonk

and

DarthMonk wrote:So RGIII is a bigger Vick, or a slightly shorter yet bulkier Troy Aikman.

Now here comes the best comparison with regards to physical stature - Aaron Rodgers.

RGIII is 3/8 inch taller and 2 pounds lighter.

If RGIII is tiny so is AR.

[sarcasm] Guess I better worry about his physical stature. [/sarcasm]

Will he get hurt? What QB does not? Will it be because he's tiny? No, absurd.

Having said all that I'm sure he'll do more weight work and run less track than ever. He figures to play at around 230. That's probably what he needs to do more than anything else from a physical standpoint - lift. From a football standpoint I go with Trey - win more Superbowls.

DarthMonk

and

DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:RGIII is going to be a lot harder to get to

however

when defensive players do get a chance to hit him, you can bet that they will try to make up for that

This is true. I notice you did not mention the FO. :hmm: :up:

DarthMonk

and finally

DarthMonk wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:RG3's biggest weakness seems to me to be long throws, but I'm not sure about that. We don't have anyone who seems to be able to run under the ball. The receiver's suck, which makes a big difference. The biggest problem with the offense, however, is that our defense won't let them on the field, and when they do go on, they know they have to score....The pressure's turned way up and its hard to get in a groove, especially when receivers drop balls or fail to get open. I think desperation is getting to RG3. He's human, and getting no real help from anyone except Morris, who's flagging in second halves because of overwork.

I've seen enough good deep balls to say it's not a weakness. It's relative though. I agree with everything else.

I'd say Griff has no athletic/physical weakness. The area in which he can improve most is on the mental side - and he seems to learn there rapidly.

He'll never be faster than he is now. He may gain a little strength. He figures to get a lot better at the mental aspects.

Will Kyle and Mike aid that or inhibit it?

Back to what Hogman said at the top. Griff may slow to 4.5. He may not but I expect him to be at least that fast. He should be bigger and stronger than ever. I too, am very optimistic. I think it is even possible that in spite of everything, we have a chance to get really lucky and have it all turn out in a very special way.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:05 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:

AND

Well.. I hear ya, but the last thing we want is for him to push to hard. That was my biggest problem. I had the machine at home used it that night after full ACL reconstruction and mcl something and some otherness.. I had to conciously slow down, use the crutches with less weight on the foot, turn slower etc. I ended up golfing (it was my right leg I'm right handed.. and an offer I couldn't refuse Paako!), within a month- I want to say two weeks but that seems ignorant.. great.

Long story short I was to quick to soon to much. and it isn't 100%. The knee swells and the hot atmosphere is not ideal for a tendon to grow in. I hope he can limit himself and just prop it and do nothing. Hardest part of it all is letting it heal and avoiding over exertion.

I hear ya...

If I were the Doc I'd be tempted to strap him down whenever I felt he needed rest and only let him up for rehab.

Sponge bath & unspeakables for bathroom tactics.

Getting a better feel of his personality over the year, really am foreseeing some struggles docs are going to have in keeping him under control.

Both worried and have faith that all will be well at the same time. Strange place.

Hog

Postby ACW » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:50 pm

Is this true?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Media sources are going to juice this story for everything its worth. Don't panic guys. All we know is that RG3 had reconstructive surgery. He has to go through rehab. I am sure we will get updates monthly.

Until then you will have all kinds of so called experts giving opinions. RG3 gets a lot of media attention. So until Dr. Andrews or the Redskins give a result I say its a non issue.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Postby GoodOldDays » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:13 pm

ACW wrote:Is this true?

All depends on the quality of the source. As fans we probably won't know for certain until July/August.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:20 pm

ACW wrote:Is this true?

It's true but it's routine in all ACL repairs for NFL athletes. The donor tendon usually comes from the patella. Doctors usually use the tendon from the affected knee. But, since that was used in his 2009 reconstruction. They used a graft from his left knee. From what I read, it's going to hurt, but the tendon regenerates. In other words it grows back on its own and doesn't affect the stability of the knee.

Overblown story by people who aren't doctors.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

cleg

Postby cleg » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Honestly no one knows what will happen. I have faith he comes back fine. Thomas Boswell had a good article in the WaPo today. Not the doom and gloom attention seeking hyperbole of the mass media.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:46 pm

Thing that scared me the most is the fact that he had meniscus damage. You can repair ligaments, but cartilage is much tougher to repair and once it is gone your professional career is over.

This scares me.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

piggie

Postby fetus » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:01 pm

God this is getting old, maybe we should wait for an official word from the team or Andrews. Florio is a jacktard, and all the speculation is retarded. Let's see what the word is during the actual offseason, before we start worrying about the next 10. If I remember right, shanahan did pretty well with a qb with a couple bum knees
RGIII and the terrible D

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football