Free Agent Thread

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Free Agent Thread

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Are there any serious talks going on right now with any potentially game changing free agents?

I stopped seeing any articles about Jairus Byrd; he's on my wishlist.

Thoughts?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:29 am

A beast Safety or cb.. we have some injured players coming back and rooks maturing, can't wait to see if minnifields drive has paid off... I wanted Carr but the pukes got him (obviously), thought flowers may be on the table this year could be wrong.
As others mentioned Bowe might be a good addition. I've had hopes of Hanktime living up to his attributes, but the injury has him seeing shadow people and hearing footsteps.
A stud oline member is probably in the cards before another wide out, but health and better db play already has me excited about the squad for next year. The injury bug bit hard this year
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:26 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:A beast Safety or cb.. we have some injured players coming back and rooks maturing, can't wait to see if minnifields drive has paid off... I wanted Carr but the pukes got him (obviously), thought flowers may be on the table this year could be wrong.
As others mentioned Bowe might be a good addition. I've had hopes of Hanktime living up to his attributes, but the injury has him seeing shadow people and hearing footsteps.
A stud oline member is probably in the cards before another wide out, but health and better db play already has me excited about the squad for next year. The injury bug bit hard this year

I was really hoping to see what Minnifield was capable of. Can't wait till the pre-season (if he's ready).

I knew I should have called this the draft/FA thread lol. Been hearing a lot about us having a shot at getting Rambo, Honey Badger, and Ray Ray Armstrong.

All are great talents, but all have some serious risks in my opinion.

Its been nearly impossible to not drool over the 2013 Mock Drafts lol. Just hope we get all of our issues solved through FA & draft this year.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:34 am

Dwayne Bowe - WR Upgrade over Josh Morgan
Brent Grimes - CB Upgrade over Cedric Griffin
Glenn Dorsey - DL (3-4 DE) Upgrade over Kedric Golston

We have a good team. We just lack a few players at key positions who can change a few games. I'm counting on Tanard Jackson and Brandon Merriweather manning both safety spots.

If not, I'd add William Moore - S ATL
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:50 am

The Hogster wrote:Dwayne Bowe - WR Upgrade over Josh Morgan
Brent Grimes - CB Upgrade over Cedric Griffin
Glenn Dorsey - DL (3-4 DE) Upgrade over Kedric Golston

We have a good team. We just lack a few players at key positions who can change a few games. I'm counting on Tanard Jackson and Brandon Merriweather manning both safety spots.

If not, I'd add William Moore - S ATL

Dwayne Bowe would be awesome!!

I'd love to see our secondary moreso upgraded in the draft but if we can snag up quality in FA, pull the trigger.

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:06 am

Bowe would be great but I think his asking price could be to high.
Danny Amendola could be a more affordable alternative.

DB help for sure along with O-line help. I would try to draft a offensive tackle and a saftey to go along with FA we pick up.

Finding a LB to replace Fletcher when he finally decides to retire should be on the agenda also.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:31 am

Warmother wrote:Bowe would be great but I think his asking price could be to high.
Danny Amendola could be a more affordable alternative.

DB help for sure along with O-line help. I would try to draft a offensive tackle and a saftey to go along with FA we pick up.

Finding a LB to replace Fletcher when he finally decides to retire should be on the agenda also.

I know its going to vary from player to player, but when do the Redskins typically become more aggressive in FA signings? Last year they seemed to do more FA signing only towards the end of the draft.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:53 am

Warmother wrote: Finding a LB to replace Fletcher when he finally decides to retire should be on the agenda also.

We already have the OMG and Robinson on three team. Oner of those two could be his replacement. I also wonder if Rob Jackson would make the switch well. He seems to have good cover instincts and can get after the QB. Of course that is assuming someone doesn't pay him to be a starting LB; I'm certain he will get some offers.

To me RT and S are the #1a and 1b priority, and corner is #3 (don't think DHall wil be back).
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby ACW » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:13 am

;furious; Mara.
I want Rambo; just because his name is Rambo :lol:
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:21 am

Somebody move this to Gen. Mng forum

Seeing "Free Agents" in Hogwash made my stomach turn.

:lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:53 pm

His footwork is incredible. And, look at the way he gets open against the likes of Revis, Champ Bailey etc. Goes across the middle without fear. Great hands, and is ferocious. Body control. I want this guy on my team.

Garcon
Bowe
Moss in the slot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQwAP2eUUMI
SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:14 pm

You have to figure there will be plenty of WRs around the league who would jump at the chance to play with RGIII.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:22 pm

Deadskins wrote:You have to figure there will be plenty of WRs around the league who would jump at the chance to play with RGIII.

+1

Finally people will want to come here for a football reason. And, not just to get paid.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby jmooney » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Deadskins wrote:You have to figure there will be plenty of WRs around the league who would jump at the chance to play with RGIII.

I would be happier with a RT that would give his life and first born to protect him.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:45 pm

jmooney wrote:

I would be happier with a RT that would give his life and first born to protect him.

Check the free agency list. There aren't many RT's hitting free agency. Unless we bring in an LT and convert him. Branden Albert or Sebastrian Vollmer might be options, but Vollmer may not fit the ZBS.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to General Manager's Office