It's ROY (Rookie of the Year) time!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:16 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Yeah Wilson might end up stealing it but it really means nothing in the end. I can't see straight on the issue anyway; I've been way too biased against Wilson all year.

RG3 gets hit: "Oh come on that's not necessary; you don't have to hit him that hard!!"

Wilson runs the ball: "KILL HIM!!! KILL HIM!! MAKE HIM BLEEEEEEED!!!"

Seems I'm not the only one! Lmfao
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:27 am

OK - let's get this settled - there is no "winning" or "stealing" involved here ..

this is an award - NOTHING MORE

IN MANY CASES when the media and fans are involved - the "award" goes to the wrong player

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS ASK YOURSELF - which rookie player had the best year = 16 games

that player is the Rookie of the year - it does not mean that the "award" will go to that player

why do you think so many players from the bigger fan bases get selected

I am not biased when I say - "RG3 is the best rookie player for the 2012 season" ... this does not mean he will get the award

what part of THE FACT that the BEST players do NOT always get these awards do some of you NOT UNDERSTAND

actually - in most cases involving fan or media voting - the BEST PLAYER does not get the recognition
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 pm

Despite SJ's saying there's no need to vote any longer, I want to encourage all Skins fans to vote some more for one of our stand out rookies. I sure would hate to see one of those other jokers take down this trophy, when our guys deserve it so much more.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piggie

Postby fetus » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Is it bad if I vote for Luck.
RGIII and the terrible D

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:41 pm

fetus wrote:Is it bad if I vote for Luck.

Yes especially since he doesn't have the stats or performances to justify it.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Deadskins wrote:Despite SJ's saying there's no need to vote any longer, I want to encourage all Skins fans to vote some more for one of our stand out rookies. I sure would hate to see one of those other jokers take down this trophy, when our guys deserve it so much more.

I'm SJ and I WHOLEHEARTEDLY ENDORSE this post

VOTE EARLY and VOTE OFTEN - this is TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE

please also keep in mind - this is for the Rookie of the YEAR - don't vote for any rookie that only had a partially good year

vote for the rookie player that had the better year

IMO - there's only 1 candidate, really - VOTE for Robert Griffin III
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:30 am

Why?! Look at his INT's compared to RGIII...then look at the difference in QB rating...then you'll see why it's bad to vote for the highly overrated Luck.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:24 am

my vote goes to.......

i went with alfred .

thy both deserve it co rookie of the year RG/ALFRED..
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:33 am

It would be intrinsically evil. I'm sure that fact is somewhere in the Holy Bible.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:50 pm

Robert Griffin III has been named Pro Football Weekly / Pro Football Writers of America’s 2012 NFL Rookie of the Year.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:Robert Griffin III has been named Pro Football Weekly / Pro Football Writers of America’s 2012 NFL Rookie of the Year.

+1

Should win the AP award as well, and will be Comeback Player of the Year 2013. Hail
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:14 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:Robert Griffin III has been named Pro Football Weekly / Pro Football Writers of America’s 2012 NFL Rookie of the Year.

+1

Should win the AP award as well, and will be Comeback Player of the Year 2013. Hail

+1

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:02 pm

The Hogster wrote:

+1

Man, I want to believe. I'm still bitter about the situation.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:06 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
The Hogster wrote:

+1

Man, I want to believe. I'm still bitter about the situation.

It sucks watching RW and Kaepernick do their RGIII imitations this week, but time heals. I look to his 2009 recovery to win the Heisman and lead Baylor to 10 wins for the first time in decades. I also look to Jammal Charles' recovery and Adrian Peterson's. Obviously each injury is different, but I think RGIII has earned the presumption that if anyone can come back better than ever, it's him. Also important to note that he plays QB and not RB. I am optimistic. Put me in the category of people who think he'll be as good if not better.
Last edited by The Hogster on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:10 pm

The Hogster wrote:Time heals. I look to his 2009 recovery to win the Heisman and lead Baylor to 10 wins for the first time in decades. I also look to Jammal Charles' recovery and Adrian Peterson's. Obviously each injury is different, but I think RGIII has earned the presumption that if anyone can come back better than ever, it's him. Also important to note that he plays QB and not RB. I am optimistic. Put me in the category of people who think he'll be as good if not better.

He just worries me man. I think about that game and how he made that one unnecessary spin move. And then I think about how just string plays out to the last second. I just hope that this is a wake up call for him. He has to improve on protecting himself. That gutsy hero stuff aint helping us from the sofa. I really wanted to see wut this kid could do with an entire off-season dedicated to learning how to become a drop back passer. I dunno... I hope for the best but his injury killed my enthusiasm for next year.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football