Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:16 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:but cartilage is much tougher to repair and once it is gone your professional career is over.

Carticel works.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:37 am

ACW wrote:Is this true?

...I'd be shocked if they didn't "check that while they were in there."

Pretend story time:
Took my car to the best mechanic in the country for an engine rebuild. I'm really freaking out!! Do you think he'll make sure the engine has oil before he hits the road with it??? If that happens how much shorter would the life of my engine be???? OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD!! I need to call this guy right away...he needs to be reminded that engines need oil!!!

Relaaaaaax beloved Skins fans.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:55 am

fetus wrote:God this is getting old, maybe we should wait for an official word from the team or Andrews. Florio is a jacktard, and all the speculation is retarded. Let's see what the word is during the actual offseason, before we start worrying about the next 10. If I remember right, shanahan did pretty well with a qb with a couple bum knees

One week .. and it's already old? Wait for the "official" word from Andrews and the Redskins? Why not just come out and say it .... dismiss any and all stories that are not positive feel good stories.

Yes, let's wait to see what the Police Chief has to say about those charges of police brutality ...

Yes, let's wait to hear from the Justice Department about what really happened with Fast & Furious ....

Yes, let's wait to hear what the Congressman has to say about the alleged bribes he took ....

After all, we know how inaccurate those independent sources can be ... they never match the official word. :roll:

I swear ... it's becoming a nightmarish exercise of futility to find rationality anymore these days.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:44 am

RayNAustin wrote:
fetus wrote:God this is getting old, maybe we should wait for an official word from the team or Andrews. Florio is a jacktard, and all the speculation is retarded. Let's see what the word is during the actual offseason, before we start worrying about the next 10. If I remember right, shanahan did pretty well with a qb with a couple bum knees

One week .. and it's already old? Wait for the "official" word from Andrews and the Redskins? Why not just come out and say it .... dismiss any and all stories that are not positive feel good stories.

Yes, let's wait to see what the Police Chief has to say about those charges of police brutality ...

Yes, let's wait to hear from the Justice Department about what really happened with Fast & Furious ....

Yes, let's wait to hear what the Congressman has to say about the alleged bribes he took ....

After all, we know how inaccurate those independent sources can be ... they never match the official word. :roll:

I swear ... it's becoming a nightmarish exercise of futility to find rationality anymore these days.

Well, for that one, yeah.

I agree with your general point, but for the fact that this report is coming from a source that is quite often wrong and sensational. In fact this "source's" method of "reporting" is literally to say any and everything they might hear in the hopes that about 80% of turns out to be true.

So the real analogy here would be: "Yes, let's wait to hear a confirmation on the story since all we've got now is the "article" in the Enquirer to rely on"
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

piggie

Postby fetus » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:55 am

RayNAustin wrote:

O I'm sorry, has there been one article that has said the same thing as the next, why does everyone blow up about something they have no idea about. And yes after 1 week and 142090 articles and rumors about the most famous knee in America, yes, this is getting very old.
Feel free to go on though, and throw out the what ifs and play the shanahan/ rg3 blame game. If you want the truth about something, wait for it. If you want to blame someone for this injury, blame football, it's a sport, injuries happen. Period.
RGIII and the terrible D

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:19 pm

fetus wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:

O I'm sorry, has there been one article that has said the same thing as the next, why does everyone blow up about something they have no idea about. And yes after 1 week and 142090 articles and rumors about the most famous knee in America, yes, this is getting very old.
Feel free to go on though, and throw out the what ifs and play the shanahan/ rg3 blame game. If you want the truth about something, wait for it. If you want to blame someone for this injury, blame football, it's a sport, injuries happen. Period.

Apparently you've never worked in a news media environment. 16yrs experience here. When there's no "official word", reporters get a juicy opinion from a moronic source that has enough logic to convince the reader.

Only thing reporters care about is getting their daily story. Not defending them, but its an extremely stressful environment and they're constantly pressured about writing SOMETHING about the latest popular topic....anything short of lying is legally acceptable.

So yes, wait for the official word because its not "click bait" to have a title that says "RG3 will be Just Fine Yall". I would feel all warm of cozy inside just reading the title.

However, when you write "Proof from Ancient Calendar the World is Going to End in 2012" then you have everyone going batsh!t crazy to read it.

Negative news sells...people like feeling that other people's lives are more whacked out than their own. Feelin the love?

piggie

Postby fetus » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:40 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
fetus wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:

Apparently you've never worked in a news media environment. 16yrs experience here. When there's no "official word", reporters get a juicy opinion from a moronic source that has enough logic to convince the reader.

Only thing reporters care about is getting their daily story. Not defending them, but its an extremely stressful environment and they're constantly pressured about writing SOMETHING about the latest popular topic....anything short of lying is legally acceptable.

So yes, wait for the official word because its not "click bait" to have a title that says "RG3 will be Just Fine Yall". I would feel all warm of cozy inside just reading the title.

However, when you write "Proof from Ancient Calendar the World is Going to End in 2012" then you have everyone going batsh!t crazy to read it.

Negative news sells...people like feeling that other people's lives are more whacked out than their own. Feelin the love?

LOL!!!! No I ha e not worked in any type of media, but I do understand that you get more press with bad press, I just meant to say that all the articles that are popping up every 13 seconds are getting old and out of hand. Just wish we knew something definite beside he had a acl and lcl repaired. That is all.... I'm sure we will be ok though, at least I hope. Either was if its Kirk then its Kirk..... HTTR!
RGIII and the terrible D

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:07 pm

fetus wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
fetus wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:

LOL!!!! No I ha e not worked in any type of media, but I do understand that you get more press with bad press, I just meant to say that all the articles that are popping up every 13 seconds are getting old and out of hand. Just wish we knew something definite beside he had a acl and lcl repaired. That is all.... I'm sure we will be ok though, at least I hope. Either was if its Kirk then its Kirk..... HTTR!

Re-reading my last post...hope that came out the right way. Was venting about the news not attacking any of your comments. Just making sure.

Anyway I hear ya. Every hour or so I refresh my Redskins search on google and there's always some other gloom and doom article.

In my line of work, whenever an issue comes up with us that involves an explanation to the public, you are always going to get a reassuring message that "all is well; everything is under control."

For the most part that is true, but there are obstacles that could potentially complicate the "cleaning up" process (usually someone who did something stupid getting fired, etc).

Our competitors (enemies if you will), LOVE this opportunity and start spewing out every negative possibility about the situation possible.

The terrible thing is...it works. Its even harder to be completely honest with the public because now you're trying to rebuild your public image. You don't lie...that's not legal and can have dramatic legal consequences. However you do have to do a little sugar coating.

What I'm getting at is if we all knew all the behind the scenes things going on with RG3 and his recovery, we wouldn't be able to sleep at night. However many possibilities are just smoke screens that keep us worrying about things that aren't ever going to happen. So why tell the public all the negative possibilities?

I understand we want the truth, but I hate to say it, we can't handle the truth right now...we're too emotionally connected to this man.

The truth usually lies somewhere in between what the organization (Redskins) is saying, and what the other news outlets are saying.

To me, my best guess is that the situation is:
RG3 had a severely injured knee. The original diagnosis scared the front office so much that they flew him out to see the best surgeon to get a second opinion.

He affirmed the terrible news, performed the operation, and performed it well. No errors/mistakes were made by this surgeon...RG3 received the best work Dr. Andrews could have given him.

Because Dr. Andrews knows he's good and knows what a good rebuilt knee "looks" like, he's feeling pretty good about RG3's recovery and gave us a relatively short estimated healing time.

Redskins want to keep fans happy so they send the message he should be ready for 2013. Judging Dr. Andrews assessment of the surgery, that is probably a REASONABLE estimate that we can relax upon for now.

However, there are many possible complications that may or may not arise. RG3 might not be the same player etc., but so far there's NO EVIDENCE that he won't be the same.

So if there's no evidence, why worry that he won't be the same?

Media preys on fear. Fear makes people obsess. Obsessed people with an internet connection do panic searches (and do them often). This allows for writers to get pats on the back from their overbearing employers because web hits are through the roof.

We all fall into this trap...even if we know the game they're playing. That's why I'm here, I know I need the support of other fans to help me remember what I already know; there's more reason to be thankful and optimistic than to fear the worst.

cleg

Postby cleg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:09 pm

^^^^^^thanks for the sanity.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:15 pm

cleg wrote:^^^^^^thanks for the sanity.

Anytime my friend. Grateful to be here.

piggie

Postby fetus » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:30 pm

I agree with everything that you said 100%
RGIII and the terrible D

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:46 pm

BillyCheat just "jeopardized" Gronks season by putting him in...but he'll get a pass while Shanny gets reamed.

True that a knee is more problematic than a broken arm......but I'm just saying
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

piggie

Postby fetus » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:01 am

tribeofjudah wrote:BillyCheat just "jeopardized" Gronks season by putting him in...but he'll get a pass while Shanny gets reamed.

True that a knee is more problematic than a broken arm......but I'm just saying

I second this
RGIII and the terrible D

Postby GoodOldDays » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:12 am

tribeofjudah wrote:BillyCheat just "jeopardized" Gronks season by putting him in...but he'll get a pass while Shanny gets reamed.

Shanahan didn't get reamed for putting Griffin in, he got reamed for keeping him in. I don't think anybody had a huge problem with Griffin playing against Seattle until he tweaked the knee on the second drive.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:16 pm

GoodOldDays wrote:

Shanahan didn't get reamed for putting Griffin in, he got reamed for keeping him in. I don't think anybody had a huge problem with Griffin playing against Seattle until he tweaked the knee on the second drive.

Billycheat also doesn't have a Terrell Davis, I have been reading many things that are saying that Terrell Davis's career was ended quickly because Shanny ran him into the ground, sort of like that George Allen did to Larry Brown..... :shock:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football