Hognostication Playoffs 2013 - Divisional Round

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
tribe
Online
Posts: 6114
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Saturday, Jan. 12
4:30 Baltimore @ Denver..........winner Denver
8:00 Green Bay @ San Francisco........winner GB

Sunday, Jan. 13
1:00 Seattle @ Atlanta.........winner Atlanta
4:30 Houston @ New England..........winner NE

315 total points
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

DarthMonk
Posts: 4294
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Well, What can I say? :roll:


:hmm:

Redskin in Canada wrote:How on earth is one supposed to know whether your pick is for the visiting team (Green Bay) or "@" the home team (San Fco) ???!!! ;furious;


By looking at my last set of picks before the deadline of 11:59. Monkey

Redskin in Canada wrote:Is this an honest mistake one way or the other? In my book, the uncertain pick of this game may create doubts about your real choice.


There's nothing uncertain about it. The only honest mistake was throwing out the obvious joke of 400.5 points :shock: and not realizing (at the time) that you could abuse me by immediately duplicating my picks and posting a total of 400 points. Sorry you were/are confused ... kinda. :whistle:

Redskin in Canada wrote:Man! I tell ya. THREE sets of picks and you cannot get one right??? Are you nervous or something??? Too much Scotch, beer, etc??? :lol:


Well, I do like my Belgians. -drinking

Redskin in Canada wrote:Be that as it might be, these are my picks:

Saturday, Jan. 12
4:30 Baltimore @ Denver: Broncos
8:00 Green Bay @ San Francisco: 49ers

Sunday, Jan. 13
1:00 Seattle @ Atlanta: Falcons
4:30 Houston @ New England: Patriots

Total score: 196 points (49 points per game on average)

and my goal is to win on correct games and score! :wink:


Good luck, champ. :up:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15965
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:53 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:Well, What can I say? :roll:


:hmm:

Redskin in Canada wrote:How on earth is one supposed to know whether your pick is for the visiting team (Green Bay) or "@" the home team (San Fco) ???!!! ;furious;


By looking at my last set of picks before the deadline of 11:59. Monkey

Um, this is your last set of picks before the deadline:

DarthMonk wrote:Saturday, Jan. 12
4:30 Baltimore @ Denver
8:00 Green Bay @ Green Bay

Sunday, Jan. 13
1:00 Seattle @ Atlanta
4:30 Houston @ New England

196.5 POINTS

Take a close look at the 8:00 game on Saturday. Do you see the cause of the confusion? This was the impetus for this post:

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:8:00 Green Bay @ Green Bay

I bet Green Bay wins this game.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:32 am

So, NOW do I automatically win?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13137
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:07 am

ACW - I'm NOT officially 'in charge' of this, but ....

as one of the 'contestants' who has failed to move on ...

you are in the next round AND you are the home team

I'm sure "THE MAN" will explain better :twisted:

IN THE NEXT ROUND - you make your picks AFTER the 'visiting picks' are made and you may change those picks at ANYTIME up until the first game
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

DarthMonk
Posts: 4294
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:00 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:Well, What can I say? :roll:


:hmm:

Redskin in Canada wrote:How on earth is one supposed to know whether your pick is for the visiting team (Green Bay) or "@" the home team (San Fco) ???!!! ;furious;


By looking at my last set of picks before the deadline of 11:59. Monkey

Um, this is your last set of picks before the deadline:

DarthMonk wrote:Saturday, Jan. 12
4:30 Baltimore @ Denver
8:00 Green Bay @ Green Bay

Sunday, Jan. 13
1:00 Seattle @ Atlanta
4:30 Houston @ New England

196.5 POINTS

Take a close look at the 8:00 game on Saturday. Do you see the cause of the confusion? This was the impetus for this post:

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:8:00 Green Bay @ Green Bay

I bet Green Bay wins this game.


:oops:

I see what you (both) mean.

I clearly did not pick the 49ers.

That was an honest mistake.

Deadman, please make a ruling. I can live with whatever you say. Having said that, I have always indicated my picks by highlighting the team I want and I clearly did not pick the 49ers. Also, RiC wants to win "both ways" and this is where we differ. He took San Fran.

Thanks.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Pursuer of Justice
Posts: 5798
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:38 pm
Location: Newark, Delaware

Postby Justice Hog » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Is it too late to pick the Redskins beating Atlanta?

Argh.

Dammmit.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15965
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:11 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:Well, What can I say? :roll:


:hmm:

Redskin in Canada wrote:How on earth is one supposed to know whether your pick is for the visiting team (Green Bay) or "@" the home team (San Fco) ???!!! ;furious;


By looking at my last set of picks before the deadline of 11:59. Monkey

Um, this is your last set of picks before the deadline:

DarthMonk wrote:Saturday, Jan. 12
4:30 Baltimore @ Denver
8:00 Green Bay @ Green Bay

Sunday, Jan. 13
1:00 Seattle @ Atlanta
4:30 Houston @ New England

196.5 POINTS

Take a close look at the 8:00 game on Saturday. Do you see the cause of the confusion? This was the impetus for this post:

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:8:00 Green Bay @ Green Bay

I bet Green Bay wins this game.


:oops:

I see what you (both) mean.

I clearly did not pick the 49ers.

That was an honest mistake.

Deadman, please make a ruling. I can live with whatever you say. Having said that, I have always indicated my picks by highlighting the team I want and I clearly did not pick the 49ers. Also, RiC wants to win "both ways" and this is where we differ. He took San Fran.

Thanks.

You've got Green Bay. The only thing that gave me pause was that your initial (serious) picks had San Fran. But, your color coding makes it pretty clear you had switched to GB when RiC locked you in.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4294
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Thanks. I had that game as a coin flip and decided on GB at the end.

Good luck, RiC.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:20 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Thanks. I had that game as a coin flip and decided on GB at the end.

Good luck, RiC.

DarthMonk

I had no hesitation to pick San Francisco. I got the game but you definitely will get the tie breaker with the score.

I was hoping for better performances from the four defences yesterday. Ravens surprised me (and probably others too).
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15965
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:27 am

Congratulations to RiC, tribe, ACW and myself for moving on the Championship Round. See you all in the next thread.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Around the League