Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:37 pm

Now the world sees why Mara was so scared of the Redskins. With RGIII and no cap penalty, the Skins would be young and STACKED.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13150
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:51 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
GoodOldDays wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:BillyCheat just "jeopardized" Gronks season by putting him in...but he'll get a pass while Shanny gets reamed.


Shanahan didn't get reamed for putting Griffin in, he got reamed for keeping him in. I don't think anybody had a huge problem with Griffin playing against Seattle until he tweaked the knee on the second drive.


Billycheat also doesn't have a Terrell Davis, I have been reading many things that are saying that Terrell Davis's career was ended quickly because Shanny ran him into the ground, sort of like that George Allen did to Larry Brown.....


DaSkinz - it seems to be very obvious that you are getting all mixed up because of what you're reading and/or hearing ...

you maybe need to look into the articles from a slightly different perspective and you need to develop "selective hearing"

something just a little more positive would do wonders for your outlook on both life and the Redskins

carry on :wink:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 am

SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:
GoodOldDays wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:BillyCheat just "jeopardized" Gronks season by putting him in...but he'll get a pass while Shanny gets reamed.


Shanahan didn't get reamed for putting Griffin in, he got reamed for keeping him in. I don't think anybody had a huge problem with Griffin playing against Seattle until he tweaked the knee on the second drive.


Billycheat also doesn't have a Terrell Davis, I have been reading many things that are saying that Terrell Davis's career was ended quickly because Shanny ran him into the ground, sort of like that George Allen did to Larry Brown.....


DaSkinz - it seems to be very obvious that you are getting all mixed up because of what you're reading and/or hearing ...

you maybe need to look into the articles from a slightly different perspective and you need to develop "selective hearing"

something just a little more positive would do wonders for your outlook on both life and the Redskins

carry on :wink:


I love my life, I am a realist, Davis career was cut short because Shanny ran him in the ground, Larry Brown's career was also cut short because George Allen ran him into the ground. It is what it is. I don't think Belicheat runs players into the ground, he signs veteran players to get a understanding of other teams and drafts rookies he can mold, when they no longer put out or want more money they leave........It's a good model to have..... :shock:

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:21 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Postby oneman56 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:51 am

Terrell Davis' career was cut short because of a fluke knee injury after a turnover/interception which sadly led to more complications the next year. His career was about on par with the average RB life cycle in today's NFL. Also, his carriers per season weren't any higher than other backs of his caliber although they were admittedly high. Injuries happen, it's part of the game and when you have a player of that caliber you play him. The argument for Belicheat is off-base, just because he doesn't run RB's into the ground doesn't mean he's not pushing and playing players when question is in doubt. EX: see Ted Johnson. This is an NFL epidimic and not just an issue with the Skins'.

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13150
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:59 am

I hear what your saying ... I just don't think the NFL 'today' is at all the same

I really don't see these guys 'wearing players out' like happened in the 70's and 80's


Mike & Kyle were already adapting the offense BEFORE RG3 got hurt

I think we'll see a much more 'in sync' RG3 'managing' a very dangerous offense
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:55 am

SkinsJock wrote:I hear what your saying ... I just don't think the NFL 'today' is at all the same

I really don't see these guys 'wearing players out' like happened in the 70's and 80's


Mike & Kyle were already adapting the offense BEFORE RG3 got hurt

I think we'll see a much more 'in sync' RG3 'managing' a very dangerous offense


SkinsJock finally I agree 100% :shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by DaSkinz Baby on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:31 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote: I have been reading many things that are saying that Terrell Davis's career was ended quickly because Shanny ran him into the ground

A statement not based in fact.

TD averaged 336 carries for four years.
Emmit averaged 335 over his first six years.
LT averaged 341 during a four year stretch.
Walter Payton averaged 335 carries over years 2-7.

Did TD's body break down? Certainly. Was it from the 1343 carries he had in his first four years? I'm not buying it! Other backs have had the same work load or higher for a longer period of time.

TD's body gave out, because his body gave out.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:49 am
Location: Hagerstown ,Md.

Postby jmooney » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:34 pm

I dont think we will see the offense change at all really.

You dont need the QB to rush for 100 yards a game. He only needs to be a threat to rush for 100 yards in a game. Show it to the defense from time to time, thats good enough.

Seattle didnt start disrespecting RG3 as a threat until they were absolutely certain he couldnt run.

Hog
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:01 pm

jmooney wrote:I dont think we will see the offense change at all really.

You dont need the QB to rush for 100 yards a game. He only needs to be a threat to rush for 100 yards in a game. Show it to the defense from time to time, thats good enough.

Seattle didnt start disrespecting RG3 as a threat until they were absolutely certain he couldnt run.
Agree. Saw somewhere that he doesn't need to run, he just needs to have the THREAT of him running.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:52 am

ACW wrote:
jmooney wrote:I dont think we will see the offense change at all really.

You dont need the QB to rush for 100 yards a game. He only needs to be a threat to rush for 100 yards in a game. Show it to the defense from time to time, thats good enough.

Seattle didnt start disrespecting RG3 as a threat until they were absolutely certain he couldnt run.
Agree. Saw somewhere that he doesn't need to run, he just needs to have the THREAT of him running.


He will have to run enough to make the defenses respect it. If RG3 is nothing more than a drop back passer then he no longer will be the duel threat. If that becomes the case then we might as well have Kirk Cousins as our starter from here on out.............. :roll: :roll:

the 'mudge
Posts: 14380
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:37 pm

ACW wrote:
jmooney wrote:I dont think we will see the offense change at all really.

You dont need the QB to rush for 100 yards a game. He only needs to be a threat to rush for 100 yards in a game. Show it to the defense from time to time, thats good enough.

Seattle didnt start disrespecting RG3 as a threat until they were absolutely certain he couldnt run.
Agree. Saw somewhere that he doesn't need to run, he just needs to have the THREAT of him running.
Ummm... to be a credible threat to run... he has to be effective running... that means, he actually has to run, and do it enough that it hurts the opponent.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13150
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:34 pm

jmooney wrote:I dont think we will see the offense change at all really.

You dont need the QB to rush for 100 yards a game. He only needs to be a threat to rush for 100 yards in a game. Show it to the defense from time to time, thats good enough.

Seattle didnt start disrespecting RG3 as a threat until they were absolutely certain he couldnt run.


sorry - I disagree ..

the offense has to change or we will not have RG3

we have to hope that the rehab has him back ready to be able to play - RG3 has world class speed - this is not attainable, you have it or you don't

I'm sure we'll see Kyle and Mike devise an offense that will take advantage of his speed and his passing ability and NOT expose him as much as he was

RG3 will also have learned a lot and MUST realize the MOST important thing for the team is to have him on the field and able to use his speed


I do not think the Seahawks were worried about his running after the first quarter and he should IMO have been taken out of the game
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Some positive news to keep everyone's spirits up...

RG3 "well on his way to recovery." Nothing specific, but "well on his way" sounds much better than just "recovering".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... -recovery/

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:18 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Some positive news to keep everyone's spirits up...

RG3 "well on his way to recovery." Nothing specific, but "well on his way" sounds much better than just "recovering".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... -recovery/


He also said he will "likely start the 2013 season." Which is a more optimistic comment than his prior statement that he'd be "ready" for the 2013 season. Some local radio people have parsed that comment in a way that suggests that he left the door open for him being "ready" before the end of the year, not at the beginning.

HAIL
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:11 pm

The Hogster wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Some positive news to keep everyone's spirits up...

RG3 "well on his way to recovery." Nothing specific, but "well on his way" sounds much better than just "recovering".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... -recovery/


He also said he will "likely start the 2013 season." Which is a more optimistic comment than his prior statement that he'd be "ready" for the 2013 season. Some local radio people have parsed that comment in a way that suggests that he left the door open for him being "ready" before the end of the year, not at the beginning.

HAIL


Great point!!

I'm reaching here, but "well on his way to recovery" sounds like he'll be 100% again. Again why the emphasis unless things were looking best case scenario?

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football