FedEx Field

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Should We Go To Field Turf?

No. Football should be played on real grass, even if it's dead.
7
23%
No. Sod it more often.
18
58%
Yes. It's embarrassing.
6
19%
 
Total votes : 31
Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:34 am

The field can be re-sod multiple times, it means nothing if the roots don't take. This field was terrible this year and I wonder why other than the BS excuses given about college games and concerts. Hell you mean to tell me they can't lay tarps for concerts if it causes that much damage??

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:37 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:The field can be re-sod multiple times, it means nothing if the roots don't take. This field was terrible this year and I wonder why other than the BS excuses given about college games and concerts. Hell you mean to tell me they can't lay tarps for concerts if it causes that much damage??


Sounds like a safety hazard.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 am

Snyder should just build a state of the art stadium in D.C. and use Fed Ex for all that other crap he wants to make money on.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:02 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:The field can be re-sod multiple times, it means nothing if the roots don't take. This field was terrible this year and I wonder why other than the BS excuses given about college games and concerts. Hell you mean to tell me they can't lay tarps for concerts if it causes that much damage??


Sounds like a safety hazard.


I don't know Chris Luva Luva but a broke up QB seems like a safety hazard too...... :shock: :shock:

**LPJ**
Posts: 6348
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:04 am

The Hogster wrote:Snyder should just build a state of the art stadium in D.C. and use Fed Ex for all that other crap he wants to make money on.


Where in DC Hogster? I have no issues with going back DC but where is there enough space for it? Definitely not enough space to incorporate a stadium + parking.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:19 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Snyder should just build a state of the art stadium in D.C. and use Fed Ex for all that other crap he wants to make money on.


Where in DC Hogster? I have no issues with going back DC but where is there enough space for it? Definitely not enough space to incorporate a stadium + parking.


Tear down RFK & rebuild there. The SW area near the Nationals stadium. You'd be surprised what can fit where.

RFK Site

Image
Last edited by The Hogster on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:20 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:The field can be re-sod multiple times, it means nothing if the roots don't take. This field was terrible this year and I wonder why other than the BS excuses given about college games and concerts. Hell you mean to tell me they can't lay tarps for concerts if it causes that much damage??


Sounds like a safety hazard.


I don't know Chris Luva Luva but a broke up QB seems like a safety hazard too...... :shock: :shock:


Having patrons slipping and falling on a tarp is a law suit waiting to happen, basically it's not a good idea.


langleyparkjoe wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Snyder should just build a state of the art stadium in D.C. and use Fed Ex for all that other crap he wants to make money on.


Where in DC Hogster? I have no issues with going back DC but where is there enough space for it? Definitely not enough space to incorporate a stadium + parking.




I'd like to see them move to DC but that's not going to happen any time soon. Parking... LOL. Parking aint gonna happen. The only thing I could fathom is if they had parking available at satellite lots and some sort of public transport to ferry people to and fro.

Additionally, I doubt that there's enough teams wanting to use FedEx to justify it's existence without a NFL team in it. The teams that use it now will want to use the new stadium. So you're left with a stadium in the middle of nowhere LOL. Ugh, sad.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 am

The Redskins lease on Fed Ex doesn't end until 2027. :shock:

It would be nice to have a new stadium during the peak of RGIII's career which--if all goes well--would be coming to an end in 2027.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:50 am

It's sad that this stadium has aged the way it has. It's showing that it was nothing more than a bowl to get as many people in as possible. It isn't/hasn't and will continue to age terribly. I'm sure it kills Snyder a bit inside.

I'm just pulling this out of my... But could they build a stadium on the existing land. They'd lose quite a bit of parking I'd imagine.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15975
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:38 am

The Hogster wrote:The Redskins lease on Fed Ex doesn't end until 2027.

The Redskins own FedEx. It's the naming rights The Danny leased until '27. Then it will become some other corporate name.
Last edited by Deadskins on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1649
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:40 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:It's sad that this stadium has aged the way it has. It's showing that it was nothing more than a bowl to get as many people in as possible. It isn't/hasn't and will continue to age terribly. I'm sure it kills Snyder a bit inside.

I'm just pulling this out of my... But could they build a stadium on the existing land. They'd lose quite a bit of parking I'd imagine.


Agree about the stadium aging (although I haven't been there is 3 years, so what do I know). I agree that it was designed to fit more people, but Snyders expansions of the stadium made it even worse in that respect.

However, I don't think Snyder is concerned as long as he isn't losing money.

There will be no new stadium as long as the current one can do the job. They may change to turf, but the cost-benefit of a new stadium doesn't make the venture worth it.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Deadskins wrote:
The Hogster wrote:The Redskins lease on Fed Ex doesn't end until 2027.

The Redskins own FedEx. It's the naming rights The Danny leased until '27. Then it will become some other corporate name.


Right. My post wasn't clear. Basically my thought is that there would have to be some negotiation on moving before then. Either the FedEx lease would have to be bought out, or there would have to be some kind of naming rights agreement with the new stadium & FedEx.

I know it kills Danny to know that he's got one of the Top 3 NFL Franchises, but has a bottom 3 NFL Stadium (including the playing condition). And, now we have one of--if not THE most marketable player in the league. It's like dating Halle Berry & driving her around a 1992 Nissan Stanza with rust & a garbage bag on the back window.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Skins History Buff
Posts: 4840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby welch » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:12 pm

The Hogster wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Snyder should just build a state of the art stadium in D.C. and use Fed Ex for all that other crap he wants to make money on.


Where in DC Hogster? I have no issues with going back DC but where is there enough space for it? Definitely not enough space to incorporate a stadium + parking.


Tear down RFK & rebuild there. The SW area near the Nationals stadium. You'd be surprised what can fit where.

RFK Site

Image


That's is a pretty stadium in this picture. Why not move there? It ought to be cheaper than fixing Jack Kent Cooke Stadium, which would benefit from having a wrap-around roof to the grand-stand...like this one in the picture.

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:35 pm

I like the stadium. The field is what sucks. I don't know why they can't fix the field and continue with the normal off season upgrades. Maybe they could build some type of mobile roofing structure.....

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:15 pm

welch wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Snyder should just build a state of the art stadium in D.C. and use Fed Ex for all that other crap he wants to make money on.


Where in DC Hogster? I have no issues with going back DC but where is there enough space for it? Definitely not enough space to incorporate a stadium + parking.


Tear down RFK & rebuild there. The SW area near the Nationals stadium. You'd be surprised what can fit where.

RFK Site

Image


That's is a pretty stadium in this picture. Why not move there? It ought to be cheaper than fixing Jack Kent Cooke Stadium, which would benefit from having a wrap-around roof to the grand-stand...like this one in the picture.


What would be awesome, would be to hire the foremost architects & engineer's to design a modern reprise of RFK. If it were me, it would keep the unique shape of RFK, the partial roof like RFK had, but would include the modern amenities like a retractable roof, better sight lines, luxury boxes, HD Screens etc. It would be designed to not only capture the maximum amount of sound. But, would include rocking stands in each end zone that would be an ode to RFK.

I can picture stands that move up and down in each endzone and fans raising hell everytime the opposition offense was backed up there, or were kicking a FG there, or when the team scores. Dan Snyder, hire me to design the new Skins stadium in DC. Elements of past and present.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football