Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:10 pm

I have no doubt he will make a full recovery. It's just a matter of when he's back to 100%.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:18 am

The Hogster wrote:I have no doubt he will make a full recovery. It's just a matter of when he's back to 100%.

We are now forewarned, however. RG3 will not assess his readiness for contact objectively. We have several episodes, now, where he has minimized his injury, and has not been accurate in his own assessment of his condition.

The upshot here is, when he says he is a go... there needs to be a whole lot of other evidence backing that up, before he is permitted to see any contact. Detractors aside, I have a feeling that Shanahan may have learned one or two things from this experience, and will be careful with this young man.

I do imagine, however, that Bob has probably already resumed many of the same upper body only workouts and passing drills he was using the last time he hurt his knee... all of which made him a more effective passer... What we have heard about his work ethic, and competitiveness, suggests he will be driven to heal when he has permission. When he is, in fact, ready to play... he will be REALLY ready to play.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:57 am

Countertrey wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I have no doubt he will make a full recovery. It's just a matter of when he's back to 100%.

We are now forewarned, however. RG3 will not assess his readiness for contact objectively. We have several episodes, now, where he has minimized his injury, and has not been accurate in his own assessment of his condition.

The upshot here is, when he says he is a go... there needs to be a whole lot of other evidence backing that up, before he is permitted to see any contact. Detractors aside, I have a feeling that Shanahan may have learned one or two things from this experience, and will be careful with this young man.

I do imagine, however, that Bob has probably already resumed many of the same upper body only workouts and passing drills he was using the last time he hurt his knee... all of which made him a more effective passer... What we have heard about his work ethic, and competitiveness, suggests he will be driven to heal when he has permission. When he is, in fact, ready to play... he will be REALLY ready to play.

I am not exactly a detractor but I reamined concerned and badly want you to be correct. History bothers me but people can sometimes change.

[-o<
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Song For RG3 (Gangnam Style Robert Griffin Style Remix)

Postby Tongue89 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:40 am

Check out this song for RG3 I made! Hail to the Redskins!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBFyBGKpRII

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Part of his mandatory progress should be learning how to slide. As soon as he's about to move around without fear of reinjury, send him down to Nationals park and make him run laps. For a large portion of his day, he has to slide. Over and over and over and over. Slide. If he doesn't learn how to slide, we'll be back in this situation.

I believe in RGIII to win games. But I do not beleive in him to protect himself. Which ends up negating what I believe in him for.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Part of his mandatory progress should be learning how to slide. As soon as he's about to move around without fear of reinjury, send him down to Nationals park and make him run laps. For a large portion of his day, he has to slide. Over and over and over and over. Slide. If he doesn't learn how to slide, we'll be back in this situation.

I believe in RGIII to win games. But I do not beleive in him to protect himself. Which ends up negating what I believe in him for.

Can't remember what video interview it was. Come to think of it I think I found it on youtube searching for Dr. Andrews. Just a generic video of his career.

Anyway one part of the video it shows a pitcher throwing the ball with a CGI like computer program displaying his movements. Basically the point of that was to teach this pitcher how to protect his reconstructed arm.

Wonder if they will, like you said, do something like that with RG3 in sliding or how to get down faster/better.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:58 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Part of his mandatory progress should be learning how to slide. As soon as he's about to move around without fear of reinjury, send him down to Nationals park and make him run laps. For a large portion of his day, he has to slide. Over and over and over and over. Slide. If he doesn't learn how to slide, we'll be back in this situation.

He does not need to know how to slide. We have seen that he knows how to do that...

He does NOT however, appear to know WHEN to slide on a consistent basis.... THAT is the problem.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:02 pm

^^ what he said

I really do think that RG3 will be physically fine and ready to go at or above the same "level" as he was when fully fit this past season

I also really do think that Mike/Kyle will be better prepared to "manage" the franchise QB when he's finally 'cleared' to play

the ONLY concern I have is with RG3 himself - he needs to not put himself at risk like he did AND he needs to better understand his limitations

this kid just needs to let Mike/Kyle come up with the game plan and then he needs to be THE LEADER OF THE BAND

RG3 needs to be a 'better team player' and understand that he's the QB and he has all these other weapons - He does NOT need to feel like he has to do it himself

HOPEFULLY as he rehabs and gets ready for action he will 'get it' and be the incredible QB that utilizes his speed, his RBs, his WRs, his O line ...

ALL of the weapons are there for him ...

I will digress a little here ...

next year I expect the defensive gurus to game plan a little better to stop the read-option offense ...

I do not think anyone can game plan to stop a QB running the read-option variation that Mike/Kyle will devise, simply because it is being run by a QB with incredible speed AND the knowledge that RG3 has - Kaepernick and Wilson are good but they're not THAT good

Our offense will include the read-option but the game planning and RG3 himself will ensure that the hits are at a minimum
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:26 pm

SJ, I really don't think that being a 'better team player', or "sharing the load", so to speak, is an issue... there were games where he hit 8 different receivers... and there were games where the load was carried by Morris. There were also 3 games that would have been losses but for RG3's unique skill set... the Vikings game stands out... NO ONE ELSE could have done that. I think he had the right mix of "me and thee"... for the most part.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Sorry trey - I think that RG3 does a great job of spreading the load so to speak - I think he's got to do a better job of not trying to do too much ..

Kyle's offensive game planning has improved a bunch in the last 2 years and especially as RG3 started to get more of an idea of what was going on

I look for more of that as time goes on - RG3 needs to realize, we don't need him to be the offense - we need him to run the offense

he cannot do that as well when he's hobbled like he was at the end of last season

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:07 am

Countertrey wrote:

Couldn't agree with you more. Like you said, there needs to be irrefutable evidence that he is 100%. He doesn't under his limits yet which is part of his greatest strength, but overclouded by it being his greatest weakness.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Some new stuff.

Washingtonpost.com LINK

Original injury photos:

Ravens game LINK
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Some great posts above initiated by CT.

I only ask one rethorical question:

IF we are able to see the above issues with RGIII and Shanahan's attitudes, Don't you think that THEY do and they are smarter and wiser now to correct them?

Don't we ALL learn from our failures, defeats and injuries physically and mentally? Is there any other way to get better judgment than to fail and rise again?

I think that those two and others around them are too darn smart NOT to agree and see clearly the mistakes made by ALL of them.

I BELIEVE. I DO. I AM CONVINCED that RG and MS will make sure that these mistakes do not happen again.

Sure, injuries may happen no matter what but BETTER JUDGMENT will be effective on all parts on the field and on the sidelines. They would not be where they are if this was not the case. So, cheer up Skins fans! I am convinced that life puts every person in its rightful place in the long run.

RG and our Skins WILL be a SB champion. I have NO DOUBT about this whatsoever.

(You can call me genius when it happens, if you wish) 8)
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Some great posts above initiated by CT.

I only ask one rethorical question:

IF we are able to see the above issues with RGIII and Shanahan's attitudes, Don't you think that THEY do and they are smarter and wiser now to correct them?

Don't we ALL learn from our failures, defeats and injuries physically and mentally? Is there any other way to get better judgment than to fail and rise again?

I think that those two and others around them are too darn smart NOT to agree and see clearly the mistakes made by ALL of them.

I BELIEVE. I DO. I AM CONVINCED that RG and MS will make sure that these mistakes do not happen again.

Sure, injuries may happen no matter what but BETTER JUDGMENT will be effective on all parts on the field and on the sidelines. They would not be where they are if this was not the case. So, cheer up Skins fans! I am convinced that life puts every person in its rightful place in the long run.

RG and our Skins WILL be a SB champion. I have NO DOUBT about this whatsoever.

(You can call me genius when it happens, if you wish) 8)

Excellent post.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:41 pm

the cream will ALWAYS rise to the TOP :lol:

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football