Evaluate How Coaches Used RGIII vs Seattle and All Year

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:08 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I personally think he was over-used after the Ravens game. He should have rested one more week after the Browns game, IMO. We did play the Eagles after the Browns and I think Cousins could have led us to another victory.

Grif, in part, is great because of his mobility and Morris is dependent upon it, at least before the OL is truly stellar, which it is not. It, too, is dependent on Grif's running, as well as passing. We've got to hope for modifications of his style, not his abandoning it. In short, he must slide and stop fighting at the sidelines and hurling himself into tacklers.

I don't blame Shanny for using him against Seattle, but the tweak in the first quarter should not have been ignored. He should have been replaced, both for the sake of his knee and the game itself. It was obvious he couldn't throw or run after that and our failure to score the last three quarters was not surprising. If Cousins had been at all competitive, we would have won the game and we would still be singing the praises of the defense. Remember how long it took for Seattle to score on us. If we simply controlled the ball more, those last touchdowns would not have occurred.

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:00 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I personally think he was over-used after the Ravens game. He should have rested one more week after the Browns game, IMO. We did play the Eagles after the Browns and I think Cousins could have led us to another victory.

Grif, in part, is great because of his mobility and Morris is dependent upon it, at least before the OL is truly stellar, which it is not. It, too, is dependent on Grif's running, as well as passing. We've got to hope for modifications of his style, not his abandoning it. In short, he must slide and stop fighting at the sidelines and hurling himself into tacklers.

I don't blame Shanny for using him against Seattle, but the tweak in the first quarter should not have been ignored. He should have been replaced, both for the sake of his knee and the game itself. It was obvious he couldn't throw or run after that and our failure to score the last three quarters was not surprising. If Cousins had been at all competitive, we would have won the game and we would still be singing the praises of the defense. Remember how long it took for Seattle to score on us. If we simply controlled the ball more, those last touchdowns would not have occurred.

It's been a while since I've posted. Now that emotions have subsided I believe your assessment is correct. There is no grand conspiracy here. Just humans trying their best but making some mistakes.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football