Advice for Garcon:

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Advice for Garcon:

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Hey Pierre.......go get that surgery done.

Looks like he is putting this off and hoping that his body heals 100%. Is he making a big mistake?

Garcon 'leaning' toward rest over surgery

Pierre Garcon (foot) is "leaning" toward rest over surgery.
The report comes via a "person with knowledge of (Garcon's) health." Garcon will reportedly make a final decision in the "coming weeks." Surgery would sideline Garcon for 3-4 months, and reportedly "offer no guarantee of fixing the issue." Garcon tore ligaments in his right foot in Week 1, and was limited to 10 games his first season in Washington. Even if Garcon decides against surgery now, there's no guarantee he won't have to go under the knife somewhere down the road. It's a situation to monitor in Dynasty leagues.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:39 pm

:|

It's his body; if he doesn't want to get cut, that's his call. But you have to wonder whether this decision is ultimately going to help or hurt the team.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:24 am

Laveranues Coles, anyone?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:19 am

It's easy for us as fans to tell someone what to do with their body and their career.

If any of us had to go under the knife with the potential of complications that would effect our ability to maintain longevity and the level of performance we'd like to maintain in our careers, we'd be hesitant too. But nobody thinks of it that way..., the luxury of being a fan.

Do I want him healthy? Yes.
Do I want him to be even more of a threat? Yes.
Do I respect his decision to do what he feels is his best for himself and his career? Sure do.

Because at the end of the day, the people who will bash him for not getting it... They're the same people who if he does get it and falls off, will what him cut immediately.

My words to you Pierre, flip the fans the bird and do what's in your best interest. This game isn't kind to anyone and you'll be cast away and forgotten quickly.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 am

Hey Pierre! with what we've seen recently from the guys at Redskins Park that have anything to do with your physical well being - do whatever you think is best ...

all the best, Pierre - get well and get back as soon as your ready
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:17 am

Just sayin, but Laron did not have surgery. We let him go. He had a good year on a bad team. I believe he made the pro bowl. Just sayin.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:28 am

Mississippi Hog wrote:Just sayin, but Laron did not have surgery. We let him go. He had a good year on a bad team. I believe he made the pro bowl. Just sayin.

First off - I'm a Landry fan ... but

I'm not sure I understand - what does Laron Landry have to do with Pierre Garcon

Just because a player played well on another team has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with how well he MIGHT have played here - Laron Landry was NOT going to help this team
Landry did not "fit in" and he was not on the same page as his coaches - good for him that he helped the Jets - he was NOT going to help here

Do you think we should keep players who do not fit or are not playing well because they MIGHT change

maybe we should have kept Carlos Rogers ....

maybe we should have kept David Akers ....

NOBODY knows if a player will continue to let himself and his team down anymore than they 'KNOW' that a player will play better given different surroundings

Fat Al is a great case in point - Titans - Redskins - Patriots - NOWHERE - very rich but HUGE waste of EVERYTHING

I love it when fans just assume a player (or a coach) will do something well just because he's doing it well somewhere else

Pierre Garcon has a choice to make - he is ENTITLED to make that choice

we can speculate but it's unfair to characterize the player when we do not have all the facts
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:52 am

Chill out dude. Sheesh. I only brought up Landry because MANY people on this board BLASTED him because he would not have surgery on the Achilles. He didn't do it the first year, struggled his last year here, and when he wouldn't have the surgery, we let him go. He seems to have healed up pretty good. I am just saying that he does NOT have to have surgery to heal up.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 pm

*eh*

I'm thinking he should do what he feels like. :lol:

But as a fan, fix the dag gone field and maybe we may not have these issues. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:26 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Do I want him healthy? Yes.
Do I want him to be even more of a threat? Yes.

Of course.

Do I respect his decision to do what he feels is his best for himself and his career? Sure do.

What's best for him and what's best for his NFL career might not be the same thing. That's the problem.

Do I respect his decision? Yes. Do I think he should make whatever decision he feels is best personally and still (a) take up our #1 WR roster spot, (b) draw a substantial salary, and (c) force the team to plan around him? No, I don't.

If rest is his best chance at full recovery, then I'm all for it. If a medical procedure is his best chance at a full recovery, then as a fan I'd like to see him do that — unless he personally opposed to it and wants to step down from the game, temporarily or permanently.

I'm sure Garcon is a nice guy, but this is a team on a mission and everyone has to be on board 100% for that to work. I give him major props for fighting through the injury this past year and being very productive. I have total respect for whatever he decides. I would just ask that if he wants to keep making the money and to keep being our #1 WR, that he does what the doctors recommend is best for his long-term playing prospects.

Because at the end of the day, the people who will bash him for not getting it... They're the same people who if he does get it and falls off, will what him cut immediately.

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I can say that's not who I am at all.

My words to you Pierre, flip the fans the bird and do what's in your best interest. This game isn't kind to anyone and you'll be cast away and forgotten quickly.

I am asking that he does BOTH what is in his best interest and what is in the team's best interest given his circumstances.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:47 pm

Mississippi Hog wrote:Chill out dude. Sheesh. I only brought up Landry because MANY people on this board BLASTED him because he would not have surgery on the Achilles. He didn't do it the first year, struggled his last year here, and when he wouldn't have the surgery, we let him go. He seems to have healed up pretty good. I am just saying that he does NOT have to have surgery to heal up.
Just going to point out that his departure was related to a lot more than just his refusal to have the surgery... including the indications that he was not a positive influence in the locker room, and had difficulties grasping the scheme. He wasn't "let go", either... he was a free agent, who wanted more from the team than his performance and health indicated he was worth, at the time.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Regarding Garcon's choice, this is really a toss up for him. I've heard from a podiatrist friend that the proposed surgery is close to 50-50 in it's success rate. May make things better... may make things worse. It's also a ligament repair, which immediately implies a long recuperation.

The product he put onto the field, once beyond the most severe pain, wasn't so bad. If he can put the same on the field next year, what's the problem?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:54 pm

OK - given the incredibly bad "information" and "prognosis" from the guys at Redskins Park with regards to "injuries" and "physical issues" recently ...

HOPEFULLY .. Pierre ONLY listens to the "medical" advice/recommendations from his own "people" and not from anyone associated with the Redskins

we should assume that he's looking for the quickest and best way for him to get back on the field - he needs to determine that - NOT the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:59 pm

Hopefully Pierre will be fit and ready ..

I fully expect a 'better' offense than we saw last season - Pierre seems to be a good 'fit' for what both Kyle and RG3 like ...

Hopefully he's fit and ready to go ... someone is going to fill that role

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:30 pm

You have to go with probabilities on this one. Would the surgery help? Is there any chance it could cause him to lose a step?

If the surgery could cause him to lose a step, then I understand his unwillingness. However, if others have had it and they have come back 100%, then he shoudl do it.

Regardless, it's his choice and he himself will have to live with the decision more than anyone else.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football