FedEx Field

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Should We Go To Field Turf?

No. Football should be played on real grass, even if it's dead.
23%
No. Sod it more often.
58%
Yes. It's embarrassing.
19%

Total votes : 31
Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 am

DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:25 am

SkinsJock wrote:I understand that Chris - I just think that Snyder or someone is responsible to ensure that the field is ready to play on when the Redskins are scheduled to use the field - NO MATTER HOW MUCH USE IT GETS

IMO that's only realistic if they have an artificial turf. There's no known sorcery that can allow natural grass to be trampled on day in and day out and be pristine on Sunday... He will either have to invest in something artificial or lose money in wh*ring out his stadium...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I understand that Chris - I just think that Snyder or someone is responsible to ensure that the field is ready to play on when the Redskins are scheduled to use the field - NO MATTER HOW MUCH USE IT GETS

IMO that's only realistic if they have an artificial turf. There's no known sorcery that can allow natural grass to be trampled on day in and day out and be pristine on Sunday... He will either have to invest in something artificial or lose money in wh*ring out his stadium...

fair enough - I am just VERY disappointed with how that field looked on TV - it was not a pretty sight ...

We'll most likely have to wait and see if that has any effect on the preparation and upkeep of the field next season
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 am

Not long ago, this franchise liked to have a grass surface for different reasons ...
with the advent of a much quicker offense (running and passing), we may need to look into the best surface for that
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football