Who do we want to win on Sunday...?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.

Who do you want to win on Sunday...?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:08 am

Baltimore
58%
San Fran
42%

Total votes : 12
Hog

Who do we want to win on Sunday...?

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:08 am

So, as someone outside of the area, who do Redskin fans want to win on Sunday...?

Baltimore, because they're local...?

Or San Francisco, because Baltimore are local...?

:hmm:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:28 am

San Fran because [word only appropriate in smack forum, but is short hand synonym for copulation, but meanly. Very meanly] Baltimore.

Born in DC, grew up in Columbia, MD (that's right), was leaving High School (in Baltimore, to be fair) when the Nevermores showed up and the Baltimorons became the biggest hypocrites on the face of the (NFL) planet.

Charm City, my hind parts.

Go Niners! Stomp a mudhole!
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:51 am

I don't hate B-more. I could go either way. Don't want Carlos to get a ring, but want Kaep to show the option can win.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:21 pm

The rat birds! My son will be crushed if not. He is a Skins and Ravens; I can't convince him that you can't be both.

Plus I stol have some hate for the 49ers, stealing the lime light of the 80's away from the Skins.

Gibbs > Walsh
Walsh did not invent the "west coast" offense, some guy named Brown did.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:39 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:The rat birds! My son will be crushed if not. He is a Skins and Ravens; I can't convince him that you can't be both.

Plus I stol have some hate for the 49ers, stealing the lime light of the 80's away from the Skins.

Gibbs > Walsh

I agree with you about the Skins being the real team of the '80s, but Walsh did invent that offense. granted he was a coach on Brown's staff at the time.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:52 pm

I am a Raven hater - plain and simple.

Monkey
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:25 pm

What would happen to Randy Moss if some guys he was hanging with tonight got mixed up in a bloody stabbing murder, if Moss was seen wearing a white suit tonight that was never seen again, if blood from one of the victims was found in Moss' limo, and if he then pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice in exchange for turning state's evidence in the ensuing case?

Just askin'.

I hate the 49ers but I'll be pulling for them.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:36 pm

DarthMonk wrote:What would happen to Randy Moss if some guys he was hanging with tonight got mixed up in a bloody stabbing murder, if Moss was seen wearing a white suit tonight that was never seen again, if blood from one of the victims was found in Moss' limo, and if he then pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice in exchange for turning state's evidence in the ensuing case?

Just askin'.

I hate the 49ers but I'll be pulling for them.

Same here. The Ray Lewis worship has been particularly disgusting to me, though I need no extra reasons to hate the Ravens.

Go Niners.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:16 am

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:The rat birds! My son will be crushed if not. He is a Skins and Ravens; I can't convince him that you can't be both.

Gibbs > Walsh

I agree with you about the Skins being the real team of the '80s, but Walsh did invent that offense. granted he was a coach on Brown's staff at the time.

The roots of the Cincinnati our west coast offense come from the time Paul Brown and Sid Gilman spent together at Ohio state back in the 30s and 40s. Brown, Gilman, and Walsh all had input into the Cincinnati offense. Walsh made out popular, but it is incorrect to give him credit.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:47 am

I'm over the people who are condemning Ray Lewis over the 1999 case. He probably was with the wrong crowd at the time. Shocker. Kid from inner city goes to college, does the right things, makes it, has millions of dollars, and his "friends" who are still in the inner city tag along and trouble happens. Wow. Big shock. Mix young kids from poor areas, surround them with women, money and alcohol - then put them around other liquored up guys from the inner city and well...somebody can get into a fight trying to prove whatever they're trying to prove. Happens all the time, but we don't hear about it. All it takes is one guy to do something criminal, and the person with the biggest name is implicated in it.

Bottom line is Ray Lewis didn't get convicted of anything, and I doubt he did anything. I live in DC and not only has Baltimore represented the area well while we've totally sucked. But, they are an AFC team whose success rarely if ever impacts ours.

I am a die hard Skins fan, and I can recall at least 3 big playoff games where we had to go through San Fran. As a football purist, DC native, I am pulling for the Ravens.

Not to mention, my fiance did her residency at UMD & Mercy Hospital in MD, so I became familiar with the Inner Harbor, Fells Point and other areas. Those people are blue collar and go hard for their team. Their games versus the Steelers remind me of our Cowboy games minus the national scope of it.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:56 am

If you are a native Washingtonian, there is no way you will root for Bmore to win.

410 and 202 rivalry goes beyond sports and I'll leave it at that and if you are a native of either place, you already know what I mean.

GO 9'ERS!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:12 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Gibbs > Walsh

The roots of the Cincinnati our west coast offense come from the time Paul Brown and Sid Gilman spent together at Ohio state back in the 30s and 40s. Brown, Gilman, and Walsh all had input into the Cincinnati offense. Walsh made out popular, but it is incorrect to give him credit.

Pretty much all coaches learned from coaches before them. Gibbs' offense had roots in the Air Coryell offense of San Diego, but that doesn't mean he didn't put his own twist on it. The same is true of the WCO and Walsh. If you're going to name an inventor of the WCO, it has to be Walsh.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:57 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:If you are a native Washingtonian, there is no way you will root for Bmore to win.

410 and 202 rivalry goes beyond sports and I'll leave it at that and if you are a native of either place, you already know what I mean.

GO 9'ERS!

Can't agree with that at all. The "rivalry" is more or less the people in PG that don't like BMore. The Maryland heads who grew up on DC but didn't like the Baltimore association. But, as far as actual sports dislike, it's just not true. Maybe this is true for Go Go heads versus House/Techno heads, or in other cultural ways, but in sports, the only two relevant ones here: Football & Baseball have no overlap at all.

There's no real Orioles/Nats or Skins/Ravens beef. It's just the people who live here who don't like each other. That's not a rivalry. That's just how it is everywhere.

Pittsburgh people aren't Philly people. But their teams aren't more of a rivalry than the Steelers Ravens or the Eagles Cowboys. It's a bragging rights thing. A blip in the radar every 4 years and that's it.

Nobody I know tunes in on Sundays and wants the Ravens to lose. The Cowboys, Eagles, & Giants- yes. The Ravens? For what
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:41 pm

Deadskins wrote: ... Pretty much all coaches learned from coaches before them. Gibbs' offense had roots in the Air Coryell offense of San Diego, but that doesn't mean he didn't put his own twist on it.
The same is true of the WCO and Walsh. If you're going to name an inventor of the WCO, it has to be Walsh.

+1

anytime a HC has a Joe Montana and a Jerry Rice running an offense PLUS some other HOF players - you deserve the recognition

The Redskins offense that Mike and Kyle are DESIGNING around RG3 will soon get the credit it deserves too

this offense might be based on the WCO but it is ALL solely due to these guys wanting to take advantage of an exceptional athlete

Kind of funny how some think there are other QBs that can manage a variation of what the Redskins are doing offensively ..

there are NO QBs playing at this time that have the combination of speed AND the passing ability/touch AND the mind of RGIII - NOT ONE
some have parts but nobody is close to having the total package

we are very lucky to be watching this - looking forward to seeing what transpires here when RG3 takes to the field again ...

FASTER AND A LOT WISER :D

I have one daughter in Baltimore and one in SFO - I'm looking forward to seeing a good game :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Oh naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw Hogster.. I'm talking Uptown, Soufside, MoCo, PG, and everywhere else considered DC Metro.

We don't **** wit dem bamas ATALL!!!

Bmore has always grudged us because they are little NY while we are little NOBODY.

Heck, this past weekend while I was over the folks in NE.. my man's cousin from Bmore was there and we even asked him.. if Skins was in the SB would YOU root for us. You know that bama said hell naw.. he'd NEVER want any of our sporting teams to win anything.

I said good, * ya'll too!!!.. that sentiment was all over the place.

I don't know about VA but DC Metro, we can't stand them.

Oh, and to answer the "for what" question.. cause we are that close and we can't stand hearing them bamas brag about anything. So * the Ravens, the Orioles, any future sporting teams, their lacrosse teams, and anything from Bmore not named "The Wire" and the Harbor.

And * any Bmore apologists too!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Around the League