LaRon Landry: 1 season later

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:45 am

I liked Landry but he let everyone down ... there was no way he was going to be a part of this team

there are many 'moves' we can look at that did not turn out right .. almost everything this franchise has done with Snyder & Cerrato in charge has been a mistake - some huge and others even bigger

btw - having a secondary full of pro bowlers means NOTHING - having a secondary with no pro bowlers that can play together is priceless
I look for an upgrade in how our defense plays and especially on third downs and against the pass this season

AND - this is the right forum ... :twisted:
Hail to the Redskins

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:53 am

SkinsJock wrote:AND - this is the right forum ... :twisted:

AND - you're a bama ... :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

piggie

Postby fetus » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:58 am

I agree that he didn't fit here anymore, after his 1st season, with and with out ST21 he looked good and then when he had his injury it all seemed to go down hill from there, whether it be attitude or play.
RGIII and the terrible D

piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:06 pm

I liked Landry but I don't think letting him go was idiotic (like when Clark was released).
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:32 pm

Bishop Hammer wrote:I liked Landry but I don't think letting him go was idiotic (like when Clark was released).

+1
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

swine

Postby RG3peat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:57 am

The Hogster wrote:Adrian Peterson
Darrell Revis
Patrick Willis

Any one of them would be Redskins if we didn't have King Idiot "Vinny" running things. Any normal GM would have re-signed Clark instead of signing Adam Archuletta to one of those cookie-cutter deals we signed every free agent too. i.e. Randel El, Archuletta, Brandon Lloyd.

That one move would have allowed us to draft BPA at any other position. But, we had "Clinton Portis" so we didn't consider AP. We had Carlos Rogers & Springs, so we didn't consider Darrell Revis. Granted we ran a 4-3 at the time, and were considering London Fletcher a top free agent (given Gregg William's history with him) and not in the market for Patrick Willis, but if we had the right people evaluating talent, I doubt we would let a cheap Ryan Clark go just to replace him with Adam Archuletta. SMH

AND we had S.Taylor....They made a great duo back there and obviously Taylor maybe made Landry look better as he only had to deal with run support or blitz....playing closer to line of scrimmage.....To answer the question....NO, Im glad he walked. he isnt great by himself and takes bad angles....and looks to hit instead of wrap up....

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football