WR Josh Morgan Named Redskins’ Man of the Year

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

WR Josh Morgan Named Redskins’ Man of the Year

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:58 pm

WP~

Wide receiver Josh Morgan has been named the Redskins’ Walter Payton man of the year, the team announced on Wednesday.

The award is recognition for charity work in the community as well as play on the field.

The D.C. native was a regular this season at the Redskins’ weekly charity outreach events. Morgan will receive a $1,000 donation to his designated charity, Beacon House, a program for at-risk children in the Disrict.

“The way I was raised, they always told me that God’s going to bless you with a lot of things,” Morgan said. “So, it’s up to you to bless people with all the blessings that he blessed you with.”

Kinda how he played. Sprang Griff for the 76 yarder and the pylon TD against the Cowboys ... I think.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:57 am

The article in the post says he will win $1,000 donated to his favorite charity.

For a league that fines people $7,850 for socks too high, a grand for charity seems cheap.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:11 am

The Hogster wrote:The article in the post says he will win $1,000 donated to his favorite charity.

For a league that fines people $7,850 for socks too high, a grand for charity seems cheap.

All the fine money goes to charity, but I agree that Josh's charity (and each other team's winner) should get more..
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:18 am

Perhaps I need to examine my own heart; I tend to be too critical of Morgan.

I respect what he has done and has been acknowledged for. Its great that he always wanted to be a Redskins. Hope he grows into a serious WR threat.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:18 pm

Ya props to Morgan. I had no idea he did so much for charity.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:48 am

This is cool, Congrats to Joshua!
I really had high (unrealistic?) hopes for him here, so was a little let down at first.. That said, he developed nicely and I think will be a serious YAC guy next year. He seems to get a little mean streak in him and I like to see that intensity and fight. -a lot of players this year had that fire for a change. Good ish
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

swine

Postby fanforlife » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:43 am

Good for him for getting this award but IMO he was a big let down. For the amount of $$$ we're paying him I expect a lot more. He's not even on the map when it come to NFL receivers.
Sure he had some block's to help spring some big gains but his numbers were very pedestrian. He may have led the team in receptions (48) but his yards/reception was the lowest on the team among receivers with 24 or more receptions (10.6). He only caught 2 TD's. His longest reception was only 32 yds. & let's not forget that his temper has cost us. Before I start singing his praises I want to see $11.5 Million dollars worth.
as always...HTTR!!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:11 pm

fanforlife wrote:Good for him for getting this award but IMO he was a big let down. For the amount of $$$ we're paying him I expect a lot more. He's not even on the map when it come to NFL receivers.
Sure he had some block's to help spring some big gains but his numbers were very pedestrian. He may have led the team in receptions (48) but his yards/reception was the lowest on the team among receivers with 24 or more receptions (10.6). He only caught 2 TD's. His longest reception was only 32 yds. & let's not forget that his temper has cost us. Before I start singing his praises I want to see $11.5 Million dollars worth.

True man but his anger only cost us that one game (unless I totally missed something; always a possibility). I wanted his head after that so I've been slow to forgive.

I'm not impressed with him either but I truly wish our current WRs would just really work hard this off season to be great next year. That said, I still want another good WR added to the team...preferably a GREAT WR

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:34 pm

fanforlife wrote:Good for him for getting this award but IMO he was a big let down. For the amount of $$$ we're paying him I expect a lot more. He's not even on the map when it come to NFL receivers.

We hardly threw the ball (3rd from last in NFL in attempts?) yet had 4 guys catch 40+ (well, one had 38) and TE caught over 50.

Josh played well ... Joshua.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football