Titus Young....anyone?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Titus Young....anyone?

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:48 am

Not a draft and not a FA... he was let go.

Lions part ways with mercurial WR Titus Young

Lions waived WR Titus Young.
It was a matter of when, not if, the Lions parted ways with the mercurial, delusional two-year "veteran." Although Young was red-flagged for character issues coming out of Boise State, the Lions made him the No. 44 pick of the 2011 draft. Young managed to post a promising 48/607/6 line as a rookie despite a few run-ins with coach Jim Schwartz, but went off the rails as a sophomore. Young sucker-punched teammate Louis Delmas in an offseason workout, drew a personal foul for head-butting Rams CB Janoris Jenkins in Week 1 and sabotaged the Lions' devastating Week 11 loss to the Packers by intentionally lining up in the wrong position. Sent home for the year in Week 13, Young sealed his Lions fate with a series of bizarre January tweets. A true burner, Young has the skill to succeed in the NFL, but won't have teams falling over themselves to give him a second chance. He will get one, however.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

JSPB22

Re: Titus Young....anyone?

Postby Deadskins » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:05 am

tribeofjudah wrote:not a FA... he was let go.

Psst... tribe, letting him go makes him a FA. :-$
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Re: Titus Young....anyone?

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:36 am

tribeofjudah wrote:Not a draft and not a FA... he was let go.

Lions part ways with mercurial WR Titus Young

Lions waived WR Titus Young.
It was a matter of when, not if, the Lions parted ways with the mercurial, delusional two-year "veteran." Although Young was red-flagged for character issues coming out of Boise State, the Lions made him the No. 44 pick of the 2011 draft. Young managed to post a promising 48/607/6 line as a rookie despite a few run-ins with coach Jim Schwartz, but went off the rails as a sophomore. Young sucker-punched teammate Louis Delmas in an offseason workout, drew a personal foul for head-butting Rams CB Janoris Jenkins in Week 1 and sabotaged the Lions' devastating Week 11 loss to the Packers by intentionally lining up in the wrong position. Sent home for the year in Week 13, Young sealed his Lions fate with a series of bizarre January tweets. A true burner, Young has the skill to succeed in the NFL, but won't have teams falling over themselves to give him a second chance. He will get one, however.

Had him on my bench for awhile in FF. Does not know how to take advantage of all the good life offers when you are the #2 to Megatron and your QB is Stafford.

Head case.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 am

Not sure if we need ego driven characters on this team. I've taken a liking to the under-the-radar type guys we seem to have.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:42 am

Just Say NO
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to General Manager's Office