Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:51 am

SkinsJock wrote:RG3 is a better runner than AP

I think we need to define "runner". An NFL runner is not a track runner. You need lateral movement, and the ability to move inside of a phone phonebooth. Those are things RGIII lacks.

On the football field RGIII isn't a fraction of the runner that AP is. IMO, Wilson and Kaep are better runners than RGIII. And let's not touch upon Vick.

If we're talking Olympics, RGIII can't be touched. But in the National Football League, RGIII lacks football moves and instincts that other QB's have. He'll beat you around the edge, he'll make you hesitate on a stutter move but he'll never break a defense player down in space. I also take into consideration his inability to slide/protect himself as things that he can't do as a runner. You must be able to protect yourself as a runner, or you won't be running for long... Case in point.
Last edited by Chris Luva Luva on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:15 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I think we need to define "runner". An NFL is not a track runner. You need lateral movement, and the ability to move inside of a phone phonebooth. Those are things RGIII lacks.

On the football field RGIII isn't a fraction of the runner that AP is. IMO, Wilson and Kaep are better runners than RGIII. And let's not touch upon Vick.

If we're talking Olympics, RGIII can't be touched. But in the National Football League, RGIII lacks football moves and instincts that other QB's have. He'll beat you around the edge, he'll make you hesitate on a stutter move but he'll never break a defense player down in space. I also take into consideration his inability to slide/protect himself as things that he can't do as a runner. You must be able to protect yourself as a runner, or you won't be running for long... Case in point.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:21 am

I was NOT talking about who was better running with a football - there could be some discussion about that involving a number of players

I was only pointing to the running/athletic ability that RG3 has - RG3 is a faster running athlete than AP and is the fastest QB at this time

I expect RG3 to come out of the rehab process well and in a short time be as fast if not faster than he was

I look for RG3 WITH Dr Andrews advice and guidance to eventually (this year) be in better shape and condition than AP was after 9 months
BECAUSE ... RG3 is a better running athlete AND Dr Andrews 'benefitted' from the AP rehab and recovery process

FASTER and WISER :twisted:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:26 am

RG3 has had 1 year in the NFL - he will be a lot better player as a result of that and he will continue to get better

scary

I should change my thinking ...

a little FASTER and a lot WISER :wink:

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:41 am

SkinsJock wrote:I was NOT talking about who was better running with a football

I guess I understand what you were trying to say. I think that on a football site, when you speak of running the ball most people will assume on the football field w/a ball. It's prolly worth saying that RGIII being the best runner without a football is a moot point as it translates to on-the-field performance. What good is that speed if it's not carrying a football?

Don'td mind me, AP is prolly my fav football player and anything that resembles slander against him puts me on red alert. LMAO

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:05 am

An NFL runner is not a track runner. You need lateral movement, and the ability to move inside of a phone phonebooth. Those are things RGIII lacks.

RGIII doesn't have lateral movement?? Totally disagree with this. He moves like a cat laterally.

Imagef

RGIII isn't the runner AP is, but that's apples and oranges. AP is a running back. I'm sure AP is not a fraction the passer RGIII is too.

Neither Wilson nor Kaepernick are better runners than RGIII. Better at avoiding contact--YES. Better runners?? Not even close. Kaep has straight line speed, but he has the agility of a punter. I think your first statement about lateral moves applies more to Kaepernick than RGIII. You're right about Vick. But, no QB in history runs like Vick. Vick is like Barry Sanders with his agility and burst (in his prime) RGIII is more of a Gayle Sayers with smooth, fluid quickness & speed. Vick's skills made him harder to defend running. But, he's the best ever as far as running from the QB position.

But in the National Football League, RGIII lacks football moves and instincts that other QB's have. He'll beat you around the edge, he'll make you hesitate on a stutter move but he'll never break a defense player down in space.

I don't know what would give you this idea. Maybe the hurt RGIII, but this wasn't the case all year.

I also take into consideration his inability to slide/protect himself as things that he can't do as a runner. You must be able to protect yourself as a runner, or you won't be running for long... Case in point.

This is true.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby ACW » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:15 am

I hope RGIII protects himself better, but doesn't end up going too far in the other direction and get afraid to run.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:24 am

The Hogster wrote:RGIII doesn't have lateral movement?? Totally disagree with this. He moves like a cat laterally.

I retract my statement about lateral movement, it wasn't what I truly meant. However, my comment about the telephone booth is more-so what I meant. He doesn't have those types of moves. Not a knock on him, just an observation.

The Hogster wrote:RGIII isn't the runner AP is, but that's apples and oranges. AP is a running back. I'm sure AP is not a fraction the passer RGIII is too.

Correct, but I wasn't the one who made that intial comparision. I was responding to SkinsJock who initially compared the 2.

The Hogster wrote:Neither Wilson nor Kaepernick are better runners than RGIII. Better at avoiding contact--YES. Better runners?? Not even close. Kaep has straight line speed, but he has the agility of a punter. I think your first statement about lateral moves applies more to Kaepernick than RGIII. You're right about Vick. But, no QB in history runs like Vick. Vick is like Barry Sanders with his agility and burst (in his prime) RGIII is more of a Gayle Sayers with smooth, fluid quickness & speed. Vick's skills made him harder to defend running. But, he's the best ever as far as running from the QB position.

You agreed with me that the ability to protect one's self from injury as a mobile QB plays a factor. That's why I rank Kaep above RGIII at the moment. If you put them all in a foot race, RGIII will win. But what good is this speed if he can't stay healthy? Is the speed still there? We hope so. Right now, Kaep and Wilson are healthy. They'll have a full off-season to progress in other areas.

The Hogster wrote:I don't know what would give you this idea. Maybe the hurt RGIII, but this wasn't the case all year.

Yeah, now that I think about it... I need to rewatch the games this year. I kinda have broken-RGIII as the lasting memory in my head. I def kinda retract the lateral movement things, but he doesn't have that wiggle in his hips to make defenders miss in space. I think defenders miss him because of momentum, they're trying to hard to keep up that a slight shift in RGIII's movement isnt something they can recover from.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:17 pm

to be clear - I'm a HUGE AP fan and think he's one of the greatest RBs of all time

I think that RG3 is on a path to showing that he's one of the best Redskins' QBs EVER
after only 1 season that's a little bit of a stretch but not much IMO

the operation IN A WAY was a good thing - I think it was a huge wake-up for both RG3 and the coaches
it was also a good opportunity for Dr Andrews to make the knee better

from what we've heard recently there have been a number of athletes that Dr Andrews has used stem cells on to ENSURE a better result with this operation .... INCLUDING AP - IMO RG3 comes out of this even better than he was

RG3 needs to be a lot more aware and I really think we'll see that this season - this guy is still VERY young and has not hit his prime yet, by a long shot

HAIL

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:28 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Don'td mind me, AP is prolly my fav football player

:shock:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

########

Postby Scottskins » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:08 am

He meant favorite NON redskins :-)
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 am

Deadskins wrote:

Scottskins wrote:He meant favorite NON redskins :-)

RGIII and AP are on the same pedestal. First and foremost, I'm a fan of the game. Secondly, I'm a Skins fan. AP is my Barry Sanders, my Gale, my Sweetness... It sickens me that someone that great is stuck on such a terrible franchise. I day dream about having RGIII with AP in the backfield (no slight to Alfred Morris who is prolly my second fav player on the team now).

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:22 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

RGIII and AP are on the same pedestal. First and foremost, I'm a fan of the game. Secondly, I'm a Skins fan. AP is my Barry Sanders, my Gale, my Sweetness... It sickens me that someone that great is stuck on such a terrible franchise. I day dream about having RGIII with AP in the backfield (no slight to Alfred Morris who is prolly my second fav player on the team now).

Good post, good reasoning. AP is flippin spectacular.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:35 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I didn't even bat an eye when you posted that AP was your favorite player. There's nothing wrong with that position.

piglet

Postby Quackjack » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:52 pm

He can do what Ben does, but with youthful speed.

He's a keeper for sure.
Steelers fan, but the Redskins are my NFC (and hometown) team.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football