Official Who We Should Draft Thread

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:07 am

Can you guys include links to the sites that provide analysis on the players you're recommending?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:09 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Can you guys include links to the sites that provide analysis on the players you're recommending?

So...... As I move back to the first page, I see Hogster is already a step ahead. I'll shut up.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:26 am

The Hogster wrote:Yeah, his weed smoking is an issue. Not because he smoked weed, but because he apparently couldn't stop. But, on the other hand, if he played like that as a weed head, I can only imagine how he could play if he cleans up his act.

One benefit is that he's probably fallen to the 3rd round at the earliest, likely a 4th round pick. With veterans in our locker room, and guys to mentor him like Trent Williams, Fred Davis, & Tanard Jackson who have all been busted for weed, I think he's worth the risk.

I think he'll be able to not smoke weed. But, you can't fix stupid. Hopefully he was just a cocky and arrogant athlete who didn't think he'd ever be in serious trouble. And, not a moron.

I think if we can build a level of redundancy into the roster. We can afford to take chances like that. This is how we make up for the lack of a 1st round pick by getting that talent at a lower position and grooming it but also protecting ourselves.

Deadskins wrote:I don't think those are the three best vets to mentor him on being able to forgo the sticky icky.

I disagree. They've accepted their punishments and did well this season outside of injuries. Trent had a probowl year. Fred as a main fixture of the offense. It's time to allow our home-grown talent to groom those coming in. They'd be the perfect candidates to be mentors.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:22 am

I'm presuming this FO will continue to bring in as many young players as they can - we should be fine as these guys have shown that they can find gems in the lower rounds
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Nobody seems to be making ILB a priority. Why? Fletcher may or may not return. Even if he gives it one more year, his replacement still needs to be groomed.

I don't follow college ball, so could someone shed some light on the ILB class? Is there a real stud ILB in this draft that the Skins could be looking at?

Am I worrying too much about the position?
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:57 pm

Hooligan wrote:Am I worrying too much about the position?

You be right that people here aren't mentioning it but you have to be aware that the coaches are taking of it. We drafted a ILB last year, I'm sure we'll have another guy this year. Didn't we acquire a free agent from the Giants who got hurt again? They'll prolly bring him back for depth potentially. It'll be addressed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I don't think those are the three best vets to mentor him on being able to forgo the sticky icky.

I disagree. They've accepted their punishments and did well this season outside of injuries. Trent had a probowl year. Fred as a main fixture of the offense. It's time to allow our home-grown talent to groom those coming in. They'd be the perfect candidates to be mentors.

They hardly "accepted" their punishments. It's not like they could do anything else. They all appealed and lost. Jackson had been suspended before, and lost an entire season (and possibly more), this time. I was mostly making a joke, but it's ridiculous to think that any of these three should be a role model merely because they served their suspensions.
Last edited by Deadskins on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Hooligan wrote:Nobody seems to be making ILB a priority. Why? Fletcher may or may not return. Even if he gives it one more year, his replacement still needs to be groomed.

I don't follow college ball, so could someone shed some light on the ILB class? Is there a real stud ILB in this draft that the Skins could be looking at?

Am I worrying too much about the position?

In FA how about Brad Jones of the Packers.

In the draft how about Vince Williams, ILB, Florida State.
Height: 6-0. Weight: 247.
40 Time: 4.68.
Projected Round (2013): 5-7.

The thickly built Williams didn't produce much in college, but he helped himself with a strong performance at the Senior Bowl. Williams had 59 tackles with 6.5 tackles for a loss, one sack and two passes broken up this year. He collected 54 tackles, two sacks and an interception in 2011.

Williams could play on the inside of a 4-3 or 3-4 defense.

by Charlie Campbell
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:52 am

I would move Rob Jackson to ILB. He's got the perfect skill set for the position. But, that's just my opinion.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:40 am

The Hogster wrote:I would move Rob Jackson to ILB. He's got the perfect skill set for the position. But, that's just my opinion.

How so?

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:01 am

Rod Sweeting, CB, Georgia Tech
Height: 6-0. Weight: 184.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Projected Round (2013): 3-4.

1/31/13: A good sleeper prospect. There were some scouts at the East-West Shrine that felt that Sweeting was in the running as the best player there.

by Charlie Campbell
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:02 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I would move Rob Jackson to ILB. He's got the perfect skill set for the position. But, that's just my opinion.

How so?

He's an above average coverage linebacker & plays well in space. He's also good going downhill in run support. His weakness is pass rushing. To me, that suggests that he could make the move inside. Alexander is similar, but I think Jackson is a bit better in coverage, and ILB's in a 3-4 are often asked to cover or attack the run--both strengths of his.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:52 am

The Hogster wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

How so?

He's an above average coverage linebacker & plays well in space. He's also good going downhill in run support. His weakness is pass rushing. To me, that suggests that he could make the move inside. Alexander is similar, but I think Jackson is a bit better in coverage, and ILB's in a 3-4 are often asked to cover or attack the run--both strengths of his.

He has also demonstrated an intuitive ability to break down plays, and put himself "where the ball is going to be". This is one of those intangibles that you just can't teach... and it's the reason London Fletcher is the beast that he is.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:20 am

Countertrey wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

How so?

He has also demonstrated an intuitive ability to break down plays, and put himself "where the ball is going to be". This is one of those intangibles that you just can't teach... and it's the reason London Fletcher is the beast that he is.

Gotcha.

I've been enjoying the highlights posted in this thread. Honestly, I don't think that The Honey Badger lasts till the 4th. His blitzing is perfect for Haz. The speed, tenacity and great hand-eye coordination is what we need. Either from him or someone else.

piglet

Postby Quackjack » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:07 pm

A Center
Steelers fan, but the Redskins are my NFC (and hometown) team.

Return to NFL Draft 2013