NFL - Defensive NOTES - changes and additions

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13135
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

NFL - Defensive NOTES - changes and additions

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:26 am

Greg Williams is back & with the Titans - Greg's former team, the Saints, who now have Rob Ryan running things, are changing to the 3-4 ...

As are the Eagles :shock:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pat-k ... 34-defense

as we know - changing from a 4-3 takes a little time and requires getting players that suit ... NOT an easy transition

I cannot understand this - haven't they seen that the 4-3 is a much better base defense :sarcasm:
Last edited by SkinsJock on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:23 am, edited 8 times in total.
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 15963
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Saints and Eagles are going to the 3-4 defense

Postby Deadskins » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:35 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Greg is back

What does this mean? Greg who?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Defensive notes - Saints & Eagles going to the 3-4

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:33 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Greg Williams is back & with the Titans - Greg's former team, the Saints, who now have Rob Ryan running things are changing to the 3-4 ...

As are the Eagles :shock:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pat-k ... 34-defense


Semi-old news but this is the first thread I've seen on it. Thanks.

SkinsJock wrote:well that's it for them - :twisted:


It would be nice to see them both (continue) to suck on defense.

SkinsJock wrote:I cannot understand this - haven't they seen that the 4-3 is a much better defense :roll:


:hmm:

Didn't both Super Bowl contestants run a 3-4? Or are you joking?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13135
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Defensive notes - Saints & Eagles going to the 3-4

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:05 am

DarthMonk wrote: ... It would be nice to see them both (continue) to suck on defense.

Didn't both Super Bowl contestants run a 3-4? Or are you joking?


just a little bit of a dig at those here that kept insisting we should have kept the 4-3 defense ..
I do understand that we had a 'decent' defense - I think that Mike thought the 3-4 was a 'better' defense and he wanted Hazlett to make the change

not good for us at first but I think that the 3-4 is the better D at this time

in all honesty there are so many formations on defense - saying you're ONLY playing a 3-4 is not really correct either
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Re: Defensive notes - Saints & Eagles going to the 3-4

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:36 am

SkinsJock wrote:not good for us at first but I think that the 3-4 is the better D at this time


It takes about 3 years to transition, anyone who thought we'd be good right away were only fooling themselves.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DarthMonk
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Defensive notes - Saints & Eagles going to the 3-4

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:47 am

SkinsJock wrote:
DarthMonk wrote: ... It would be nice to see them both (continue) to suck on defense.

Didn't both Super Bowl contestants run a 3-4? Or are you joking?


just a little bit of a dig at those here that kept insisting we should have kept the 4-3 defense ..
I do understand that we had a 'decent' defense - I think that Mike thought the 3-4 was a 'better' defense and he wanted Hazlett to make the change

not good for us at first but I think that the 3-4 is the better D at this time

in all honesty there are so many formations on defense - saying you're ONLY playing a 3-4 is not really correct either


Gotcha.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13135
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: Defensive notes - Saints & Eagles going to the 3-4

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:not good for us at first but I think that the 3-4 is the better D at this time


It takes about 3 years to transition, anyone who thought we'd be good right away were only fooling themselves.


I'll agree - I just thought that at that time it was a good time to change ...

some here had a bit of trouble looking at the big picture and thought Mike was making a bad mistake :twisted:

I'm just stirring the pot ..... a little :wink:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

the 'mudge
Posts: 14372
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:26 pm

This is one of those pendula that will perpetually swing back and forth, depending on the unique skills of the available talent pool.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13135
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:26 am

and now we hear that Tim Walton is leaving the Lions and going to the Rams

this was job that both Rob Ryan and Mike Singletary were considered for ...

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/n ... oordinator

Mike Fisher will help this guy ... AND the Rams defense will get better - you can count on that
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Return to Around the League