Hard schedule... up for the challenge?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:I don't put too much stock in strength of schedule estimates this early. They often turn out to be way off.

+1 - especially when the strength of schedule is based on last year - we are not going to be the 'same' as last year and neither are the teams we are going to play this season ... :lol:

many teams will not be able to 'upgrade' from what they had or as much as they'd like -...

this Redskins franchise is poised to become a very consistent group that should be a playoff contender each season - I'm excited to see them play again
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

piglet

Postby Quackjack » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:38 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I don't put too much stock in strength of schedule estimates this early. They often turn out to be way off.

+1 - especially when the strength of schedule is based on last year - we are not going to be the 'same' as last year and neither are the teams we are going to play this season ... :lol:

many teams will not be able to 'upgrade' from what they had or as much as they'd like -...

this Redskins franchise is poised to become a very consistent group that should be a playoff contender each season - I'm excited to see them play again

Haha, would be nice. I can see it as long as nothing really stupid happens.
Steelers fan, but the Redskins are my NFC (and hometown) team.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:30 pm

SkinsJock wrote:3 'guarantees' from me ...

RG3 will be better and a more effective QB than he was last season ...

Alfred Morris will be a better RB and a more effective RB than he was last season ...

The Redskins defense AND offense will be better than last season ...

1: the knee is going to be a big ?. it appears everything is going as planned or even better, but he is still thin.

2: I have no clue how Morris could get any better than he was last year. Literally, how could he get better? If he improved any more he would be reaching Peterson status.

3. I think Defensively it is a given. Offensively is still up in the air. No one on earth can gaurantee this because there are still too many ?s. But if it makes you feel better to say it, then by all means do it!!
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:41 am

RG3 will be fine - the only question about his knee is how much better will it be than it was - NOT if it's going to be an issue or not

BOTH Alfred Morris and RG3 are going to be a lot better than they were because:

they've had a year of experience

the O line - this was considered a HUGE concern last August - they will be MUCH better this season

the offense will be further adjusted by Mike & Kyle to take better advantage of the weapons we have

The defense is going to get an awful lot of attention in the coming months - and they have some really good players coming off injuries

and

this franchise is going to 'benefit' by having NFL players really wanting to be a part of all that is happening here
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:35 am

Quackjack wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I see the Steelers having a lot more difficult time at making the playoffs than the Redskins ...

I'll quote you on this ROTFALMAO

Isn't Pitt about 30 million over the cap right now? Changes will need to be made.

That said, Pitt does have one of the best coaches and owners in the NFL, so there is that......
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

piglet

Postby Quackjack » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:42 am

markshark84 wrote:
Quackjack wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I see the Steelers having a lot more difficult time at making the playoffs than the Redskins ...

Isn't Pitt about 30 million over the cap right now? Changes will need to be made.

That said, Pitt does have one of the best coaches and owners in the NFL, so there is that......

8 million thank you. Considering Wallace and Mendy will be gone, and Harrison and Troy will cut their pay I say we will be fine.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:54 am

Quackjack wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
Quackjack wrote:

8 million thank you. Considering Wallace and Mendy will be gone, and Harrison and Troy will cut their pay I say we will be fine.

How's the new offense working out for you guys?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

piglet

Postby Quackjack » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Quackjack wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
Quackjack wrote:

How's the new offense working out for you guys?

Still meshing. If all works well with the new HB we will be on track.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football