Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:48 pm

The Hogster wrote:
An NFL runner is not a track runner. You need lateral movement, and the ability to move inside of a phone phonebooth. Those are things RGIII lacks.

RGIII doesn't have lateral movement?? Totally disagree with this. He moves like a cat laterally.

Imagef

On the football field RGIII isn't a fraction of the runner that AP is. IMO, Wilson and Kaep are better runners than RGIII. And let's not touch upon Vick.

RGIII isn't the runner AP is, but that's apples and oranges. AP is a running back. I'm sure AP is not a fraction the passer RGIII is too.

Neither Wilson nor Kaepernick are better runners than RGIII. Better at avoiding contact--YES. Better runners?? Not even close. Kaep has straight line speed, but he has the agility of a punter. I think your first statement about lateral moves applies more to Kaepernick than RGIII. You're right about Vick. But, no QB in history runs like Vick. Vick is like Barry Sanders with his agility and burst (in his prime) RGIII is more of a Gayle Sayers with smooth, fluid quickness & speed. Vick's skills made him harder to defend running. But, he's the best ever as far as running from the QB position.

But in the National Football League, RGIII lacks football moves and instincts that other QB's have. He'll beat you around the edge, he'll make you hesitate on a stutter move but he'll never break a defense player down in space.

I don't know what would give you this idea. Maybe the hurt RGIII, but this wasn't the case all year.

I also take into consideration his inability to slide/protect himself as things that he can't do as a runner. You must be able to protect yourself as a runner, or you won't be running for long... Case in point.

This is true.

I think his ability to scramble & get more time to pass the ball is the center of his greatness. Even if he runs less, the scrambling and avoiding sacks while still get the pass completed is what will set this guy apart. Be still my heart.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:47 pm

5 weeks into the rehab ...

we were told that the rehab could be from 6 - 8 weeks and that time, which is critical, would be spent in FL so Dr Andrews can monitor everything closely

FASTER and WISER :wink:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:40 am

Poor Haters. Whatever will they do now?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89471 ... -1-sources
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:44 pm

emoses14 wrote:Poor Haters. Whatever will they do now?

Yeah, that article really doesn't say anything though. Just so far so good.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:55 pm

LOL, continue to hate because that article says nothing new and it's still a chance he won't start...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:49 am

You know what's really going to piss people off? Kirk is gonna go in there and buy RGIII so much additional time to heal. They might not even start the kid until midway through the season, or until after our bye. And we will have a winning record after the bye. Afterwards, we'll get all the media circus hoopla QB controversey foolishness. RGIII is gonna come in there, prepared as usual and lead us back to the playoffs. We will see Seattle again, and we will beat them.

Kirk will be sought after...

The 2014 offseason is gonna be bananas. I'm excited.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:19 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

LOL, continue to hate because that article says nothing new and it's still a chance he won't start...

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figure as well.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:23 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:You know what's really going to piss people off? Kirk is gonna go in there and buy RGIII so much additional time to heal. They might not even start the kid until midway through the season, or until after our bye. And we will have a winning record after the bye. Afterwards, we'll get all the media circus hoopla QB controversey foolishness. RGIII is gonna come in there, prepared as usual and lead us back to the playoffs. We will see Seattle again, and we will beat them.

Hmmm. Wouldn't be upset about that. Except for the part where we're going to have to hear ad nauseum about how RGIII is too fragile, he's vick, he'll never make it in the league, etc until he does come back and then he will only shut them up after we win the superbowl next year.

Hang on, I'm actually OK with that, never mind.

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:24 pm

emoses14 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:You know what's really going to piss people off? Kirk is gonna go in there and buy RGIII so much additional time to heal. They might not even start the kid until midway through the season, or until after our bye. And we will have a winning record after the bye. Afterwards, we'll get all the media circus hoopla QB controversey foolishness. RGIII is gonna come in there, prepared as usual and lead us back to the playoffs. We will see Seattle again, and we will beat them.

Hmmm. Wouldn't be upset about that. Except for the part where we're going to have to hear ad nauseum about how RGIII is too fragile, he's vick, he'll never make it in the league, etc until he does come back and then he will only shut them up after we win the superbowl next year.

Hang on, I'm actually OK with that, never mind.

Yep. I say, from CLL's lips to God's ears.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

cleg

Postby cleg » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:28 am

i am positive that the Redskins will play in the Super Bowl next year because the football God's love a good story and that will be the Redskins playing the SB in Mara's house.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

swine

Postby RG3peat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:18 pm

cleg wrote:i am positive that the Redskins will play in the Super Bowl next year because the football God's love a good story and that will be the Redskins playing the SB in Mara's house.

the football Gods HATE the Skins

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:37 pm

RG3peat wrote:
cleg wrote:i am positive that the Redskins will play in the Super Bowl next year because the football God's love a good story and that will be the Redskins playing the SB in Mara's house.

the football Gods HATE the Skins

Nah, don't be paranoid!

The football gods hate the browns - that much is obvious!
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:01 pm

Today is 9 weeks after the operation - sounds like it's going well

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2186 ... -of-season

gotta love it :D
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:30 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Today is 9 weeks after the operation - sounds like it's going well

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2186 ... ffin-says- @#!*% -be-ready-for-start-of-season

gotta love it :D

Excellent news!!

I'm paranoid here, but RG in Texas...hope dude has a lot of body guards around him.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:52 am

^ Not to worry... They LOVE RG3 in Texas...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football