Dr. Andrews: RGIII "way ahead of schedule"

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ
Posts: 13041
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:51 pm

and now for more on THE knee ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-r ... f-schedule


probably will just be put down by many ...

I'm still expecting faster and wiser ...


H A I L
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ
Posts: 13041
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 pm

I'm expecting to see Robert Griffin clearly demonstrate that he's the best option to be the starter at QB
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10996
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:08 pm

Awesome news.

(Split into its own thread. Actual news stories shouldn't get buried.)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

the 'mudge
Posts: 14321
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:45 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm expecting to see Robert Griffin clearly demonstrate that he's the best option to be the starter at QB

umm... you don't think he already made that perfectly clear? :?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Posts: 13041
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:32 pm

^^ true dat .. :wink:

I think there may be some that would like
RG3 be given some time to get completely 'healed'

and

we do not need to risk anything happening to RG3

:D

RG3 will be starting because he's ready to play


I am excited to see a faster and better RG3 than we saw in 2012
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

piggie
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Clinton, MD

Postby burgngold4life » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:49 pm

I just hope he doesn't force it & end up having his leg fall off in week 3 cuz he wasn't truly good to go.

Then we'd be in trouble.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14321
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 pm

burgngold4life wrote:I just hope he doesn't force it & end up having his leg fall off in week 3 cuz he wasn't truly good to go.

Then we'd be in trouble.
... and, yet, you're wondering if we should trade Cousins...


SMH...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piggie
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Clinton, MD

Postby burgngold4life » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:01 pm

LOL

But nah.

My next question was gong to be is Rex REALLY not a viable back up w/ our new found run game.

I'm wondering cuz I hear mumbling.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14321
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:55 pm

burgngold4life wrote:LOL

But nah.

My next question was gong to be is Rex REALLY not a viable back up w/ our new found run game.

I'm wondering cuz I hear mumbling.

Um... you don't think the "new found run game" isn't, at least in part, due to having to constantly account for RGIII?

No... Grossman is NOT a viable back-up.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk
Posts: 4211
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:28 pm

Countertrey wrote:
burgngold4life wrote:LOL

But nah.

My next question was gong to be is Rex REALLY not a viable back up w/ our new found run game.

I'm wondering cuz I hear mumbling.

Um... you don't think the "new found run game" isn't, at least in part, due to having to constantly account for RGIII?

No... Grossman is NOT a viable back-up.


Hence my Tavaris Jackson (now moot) question.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge
Posts: 14321
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:21 pm

I got the point of your Tavaris Jackson question... the problem is, NO ONE takes him as a serious passing threat, which you MUST have in order to approach the threat that is RG3... If they don't take the pass seriously, it really limits your options.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---
User avatar
Posts: 18569
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:40 pm

Countertrey wrote:I got the point of your Tavaris Jackson question... the problem is, NO ONE takes him as a serious passing threat, which you MUST have in order to approach the threat that is RG3... If they don't take the pass seriously, it really limits your options.


I love your modesty lol but it doesn't limit your options, it destroys the offense. The read-option like all offenses requires a real quarterback. Not a figure head. Not someone who is there by title. It requires someone who can make the reads in a timely manner, make decisions in a timely manner, protect the football and be productive within seconds of receiving the snap. Tavaris Jackson would be like having Clinton Portis at QB.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DarthMonk
Posts: 4211
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I got the point of your Tavaris Jackson question... the problem is, NO ONE takes him as a serious passing threat, which you MUST have in order to approach the threat that is RG3... If they don't take the pass seriously, it really limits your options.


I love your modesty lol but it doesn't limit your options, it destroys the offense. The read-option like all offenses requires a real quarterback. Not a figure head. Not someone who is there by title. It requires someone who can make the reads in a timely manner, make decisions in a timely manner, protect the football and be productive within seconds of receiving the snap. Tavaris Jackson would be like having Clinton Portis at QB.


I'd love to hear the corresponding Rex analogy.

Just for kix:

Rex - 55%, 56 TD, 60 INT

Jackson - 59.4%, 38 TD, 35 INT= better arm, just as accurate, not any worse with decisions, finds open LBs almost as well, way better runner.

:hmm:

Of course, Rex knows the system.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:59 pm

"We don't have to do much except try to hold him back."

Yessir, sounds like RGIII :lol:
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

******
Posts: 2512
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:55 pm
Location: charlotte nc

Postby redskinz4ever » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 pm

sounds great ..... but i hope he isnt rushing things along just to prove a point.now having said that if he is 110% for opening day by all means he should start,but if he not 100% then cousins needs to play.
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football