Are the Redskins becoming more of a Virginia based team?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Where do you live?

Washington, DC
5%
Maryland
30%
Virginia
20%
Other State
45%

Total votes : 20
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:16 pm

I understand the thought but the reality of having the Washington Redskins name changed is just not happening ..

plus .. The Virginia Redskins sounds really horrible
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:34 pm

The Hogster wrote:I'd prefer to see the team play in Washington DC.

+1
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby KERRAKPO9198 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:57 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I understand the thought but the reality of having the Washington Redskins name changed is just not happening ..

plus .. The Virginia Redskins sounds really horrible

Virginia Redskins sounds great to me. 8)

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:01 pm

KERRAKPO9198, welcome to the site... please take some time to visit The Rules thread in the Site News and Welcome Wagon forum.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby KERRAKPO9198 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:02 am

Postby KERRAKPO9198 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:39 pm

IMO the Redskins would be smart to build a new stadium in Virginia, anywhere in Virginia. They could either keep the name Washington Redskins or change the name to the Virginia Redskins. Either way they'll have a large fan base, if they changed their name to the Virginia Redskins they would gain some new fans, although they would lose some fans as well, it would all probably equal out. I seriously doubt they ever do this but regardless, the majority of their fan base resides in Virginia, the Redskins ARE Virginia's team, the Ravens are primarily Maryland's team. The Redskins are smart by keeping there training facility and headquarters in VA as well as moving their practice facility into VA and strengthening their ties with VA. Why fight for fans in Maryland with the Ravens when you can stake claim to Virginia, which is a much larger state with more people?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:37 pm

Redskins are the capitol of the USAs team, not Virginia's. By that token I feel they are the TRUE "Americas Team." To me the self anointed pukes are not just the enemy, but the evil team with poor character pre madanna druggies and cheaters. The Redskins are their nemisis and for ever arch rivals. When they beat the pukes the "good guys" win....
That said, America's team can reside anywhere, but should forever remain the Washington Redskins.
IF they were stupid enough to become the Virginia _______s (surely wouldn't be the redskins, we are in a constant battle to just keep it as it is/should be) I would most likely never buy anything with that teams name on it.
Changing the name to Virginia would spell the death of the fan base. That would cut all ties to our past glory and end the franchise. Virginia isn't big enough to be the fanbase... Even with RGiii, they would slowly fade in to nothing. Without him, you couldn't sell out a game- much less the longest in history (or close).
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:45 pm

I feel this should be ended with a good ol: "Come on maaaaan," with a suiting picture of ignorance....

Hogster, you got this??
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:28 am

Move the Redskins to VA? YES

It should be located away from the N Va/DC traffic area, going 20-25 miles from DC would help.

I have been to 1 game since the Redskins moved to Md. only because it is a nightmare to get in/out with acceptable parking.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:37 am

SKINS#1 wrote:Move the Redskins to VA? YES

It should be located away from the N Va/DC traffic area, going 20-25 miles from DC would help.

I have been to 1 game since the Redskins moved to Md. only because it is a nightmare to get in/out with acceptable parking.

This is so funny, I was about to say just the opposite. I don't want the stadium to move because where it is right now is too convenient for me since I live in Southern MD. They stadium is just so easy to get in and out of and once you are out of the parking lot you face traffic better than you would on a week day.

Of someone thinks that FedEx has bad traffic then they either don't know any other route than the Beltway or they like to park too close to the stadium. Also, traffic in NoVa is always worse than traffic in MD. A small event like a convert at Jiffy Lube Live is much harder to get in and out of than FedEx and that has about 1/4 of the people trying to leave.

I like the fact that the team plays in Md, but frankly I have always considered anything inside the capital beltway DC! Heck the stadium is less than 4 miles from the DC border and less than 9 miles from RFK.

For those of you that say there is nothing within walking distance of the stadium you are dead wrong. There is a shopping center (not counting Landover Mall) lessee than 1.5 miles from the stadium and that is certainly in walking distance. There are two subway stations within walking distance for those that don't want to find an alternate route than the beltway.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football