Question: Would u deal Cousins for picks?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:I bet Danny's got some minion working on it.

LOL, that'd be awesome.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

LOL, that'd be awesome.

Letting Cousins go even for a late first round draft choice would be insane, unless we were certain of getting someone more skilled at QB--which we know can't happen. We wouldn't have won our division without him last season and probably wouldn't this season either. Since when is an unproven second or third round CB worth more than a proven QB with starter skills? In spite of our incredible luck in the draft last year, the draft is a crap shoot--we'd be more likely to come up with nothing than anyone who can crack the starting lineup.
Hold onto talent. Draft well for depth or a lucky shot without giving up anything. Steal some FA's with Danny's checkbook.

08 Champ

Re: Question: Would u deal Cousins for picks?

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:55 pm

burgngold4life wrote:& maybe a solid corner too.. if the deal was right?
Could now be a time to think about this, or keep the insurance policy & let his stock rise?

I would NOT ... :wink:

A deal for Cousins could happen but it's highly unlikely that, AT THIS TIME, anyone would make an offer that could make Mike let him go

we have a good situation at QB right now - there is no need to change anything ....

ANYTHING is possible but Cousins' value (as our backup AND his trade value) only goes up with him staying here for another season

:roll:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:56 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

LOL, that'd be awesome.

Letting Cousins go even for a late first round draft choice would be insane, unless we were certain of getting someone more skilled at QB--which we know can't happen. We wouldn't have won our division without him last season and probably wouldn't this season either. Since when is an unproven second or third round CB worth more than a proven QB with starter skills? In spite of our incredible luck in the draft last year, the draft is a crap shoot--we'd be more likely to come up with nothing than anyone who can crack the starting lineup.
Hold onto talent. Draft well for depth or a lucky shot without giving up anything. Steal some FA's with Danny's checkbook.

I'd need another QB (who is also young and capable of starting) as well as an early pick - you know, the deal no one will offer - something like Stafford and the Lions first pick.

I love the Captain.

I'm so glad Shanny was smart with the pick that got him here.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:17 pm

No way a team is going to trade for Cousins when they have Stafford. No team is going to go out like that after the last two QBs who entered free agency with limited reps/playing time (See Kolb & Flynn). I just don't see it. So what you've got to do is first and foremost, be a coach/GM who knows more about football than we do. Secondly, you've got to place a value on what you've got and third, you've got to see what compensation is coming back to you. Every player in the NFL is for sale and has a price. If you don't see that, you're not paying attention. Hell, Indy let Peyton Manning go. Joe Montana was traded. If you can trade a backup QB for a starting player and a possible 2nd starting player, you make the deal. No question. You have the ability to bring in a Vet who can manage the game just like Cousins would and everything is centered around the run game so we're good to go there.

I'd make the trade if the right compensation came my way because that's just me upgrading my team. I would though bring in a younger Vet QB who has played in the league.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:27 pm

AGAIN & AGAIN :lol:

a 'deal' could be made that would make Mike part with Cousins at this time ...

most of us here KNOW this :lol:

The ONLY franchise that is stupid enough to 'make a deal' is the franchise that 'owns' Kirk Cousins and those idiots are not in charge here anymore :wink:

so ... a deal could happen but it is highly unlikely :roll:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:29 pm

It only takes one team to fall in love with a player to make a trade. If we don't trade him, it's good for the Skins. If we do trade him, it'll be good for the Skins and with the guys in charge, I believe they have a plan in place for either scenario. That's why I'm not worried either way. I just enjoy the ride in seeing how it plays out.

Postby redskinz4ever » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:16 pm

not this soon in his career and i would at least wait til after preseason and see what the offer is then.
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:35 pm

frankcal20 wrote:No way a team is going to trade for Cousins when they have Stafford.

DarthMonk wrote:- you know, the deal no one will offer - something like Stafford and the Lions first pick.

frankcal20 wrote:I just don't see it.

Me either.

:whistle:

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

LOL, that'd be awesome.

Wait... Did you read what FFA and I were talking about? lol
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:52 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:Steal some FA's with Danny's checkbook.

Mara did that.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:52 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Let's throw this out there for a scenario:

Skins trade Kirk Cousins to Az

AZ gives up QB Ryan Lindley and we swap picks in say the 2nd round and pick up a 5th or 6th.

Who?? Lmao, maybe if Fitz or Peterson came in that package, smh! Cousins is worth his weight in gold to this team, especially with how RGiiis season ended.

Exactly. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a better version of Kirk Cousins. We need a SOLID backup QB for RG3 and I figured by now, after all that's happened, we'd be on the same page with this. Guess people forget history.

IMO opinion, Cousins is the best backup QB in the league. With a QB who was injured twice in his rookie season and missed a few weeks, its obvious that these little "season shortening" injuries are going to continue to be an issue. Hopefully, with RG3 getting smarter and the team getting better, it will only be a week here and there that he's out. I'd be surprised if he's present all 16 weeks this year, but I am optimistic that if he isn't, it will be minor injury set backs. Hopefully I'm wrong and he'll never get hurt again :)

Fact is, we have tangible proof that other teams are trying to knock him out of a game because of the treat he is towards their victory. Remember, football is these guy's job; a threat to victory is a threat to their financial livelihood; a threat to their employment.

How do you handle a threat? You neutralize it. Rush it, sack it, and if it runs, you hit it so hard that it thinks twice about running again; if it can run at all afterwards.

People have seen RG3 "bleed" this year. They're going to hitting him hard and targeting him. Don't believe me? Just watch the Seahawks game & the late hits.

Boxers check for scars on the eyes and work that eye...you don't want to kill the guy but you target his weakness because you HAVE to win. Are we really so naive to believe that football players are really nice guys who just want to have fun?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not all gloom and doom here. I believe RG3 is getting the message about this and so is the coaching staff. However, sooner or later there is going to be a problem. This is the way its always been.

Long point short, Cousins is currently irreplaceable. I don't give two sh!ts what our secondary needs are; you don't trade an invaluable QB for a SS or CB (unless someone is going to take Rexy).

My vote: If we aren't getting a better QB than Counsins, PLUS more, NO DEAL!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:55 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:Sure, if the deal was "right." But what are the odds someone would make that kind of offer? Close to zero.

If this was a few years ago, the only team that would be dumb enough to make that trade would be the Redskins... Last I checked, you can't go back in time to make trades with yourself.

BAHAHAHA!! Exactly!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:21 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Let's throw this out there for a scenario:

Skins trade Kirk Cousins to Az

AZ gives up QB Ryan Lindley and we swap picks in say the 2nd round and pick up a 5th or 6th.

Who?? Lmao, maybe if Fitz or Peterson came in that package, smh! Cousins is worth his weight in gold to this team, especially with how RGiiis season ended.

Exactly. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a better version of Kirk Cousins. We need a SOLID backup QB for RG3 and I figured by now, after all that's happened, we'd be on the same page with this. Guess people forget history.

IMO opinion, Cousins is the best backup QB in the league. With a QB who was injured twice in his rookie season and missed a few weeks, its obvious that these little "season shortening" injuries are going to continue to be an issue. Hopefully, with RG3 getting smarter and the team getting better, it will only be a week here and there that he's out. I'd be surprised if he's present all 16 weeks this year, but I am optimistic that if he isn't, it will be minor injury set backs. Hopefully I'm wrong and he'll never get hurt again :)

Fact is, we have tangible proof that other teams are trying to knock him out of a game because of the treat he is towards their victory. Remember, football is these guy's job; a threat to victory is a threat to their financial livelihood; a threat to their employment.

How do you handle a threat? You neutralize it. Rush it, sack it, and if it runs, you hit it so hard that it thinks twice about running again; if it can run at all afterwards.

People have seen RG3 "bleed" this year. They're going to hitting him hard and targeting him. Don't believe me? Just watch the Seahawks game & the late hits.

Boxers check for scars on the eyes and work that eye...you don't want to kill the guy but you target his weakness because you HAVE to win. Are we really so naive to believe that football players are really nice guys who just want to have fun?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not all gloom and doom here. I believe RG3 is getting the message about this and so is the coaching staff. However, sooner or later there is going to be a problem. This is the way its always been.

Long point short, Cousins is currently irreplaceable. I don't give two sh!ts what our secondary needs are; you don't trade an invaluable QB for a SS or CB (unless someone is going to take Rexy).

My vote: If we aren't getting a better QB than Counsins, PLUS more, NO DEAL!

Why would a team trade to downgrade their position. That would mean we would have to give up additional compensation to make the trade value equal. Doesn't make sense.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:34 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Why would a team trade to downgrade their position. That would mean we would have to give up additional compensation to make the trade value equal. Doesn't make sense.

Clearly - which is why we're (all) saying it won't happen.

](*,)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football