Contract talks on hold - working to recoup cap space

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

Postby GFlanagan3 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:35 am

burgngold4life wrote:Don't know if getting on Goodell's bad side is such a good idea.

There will be yellow all over the ground all season long for starters. lol
like THAT is new???

piggie

Postby fetus » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:43 am

burgngold4life wrote:Don't know if getting on Goodell's bad side is such a good idea.

There will be yellow all over the ground all season long for starters. lol

is this any different from any other year????[/b]
RGIII and the terrible D

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:20 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:19 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Just saw on twitter that there is a rumor out there that the Redskins are looking into suing the NFL to hold up free agency until this matter is resolved.

I'm not sure if it'll work but what I think it could do is suspend free agency which would tick off all the other owners and hopefully they'll just settle on a number with the Redskins so they can get something back, if not all.

It's "the Danny" coming out of hiding...

The Skins got hit with the cap penalty right before the start of free agency last off season, now they are attempting to control when free agency will start this off season. :twisted:

The aren't going to court to get the cap space back, they are trying to hold up the start of free agency based on the notion they will take the cap penalty to court. I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on the interweb :wink:

So maybe I can get some help here....

To get the Injunction, don't the Skins have to show that there is a very good chance that they would win they case in order to prove the normal start of free agency would put them at a "competitive" disadvantage :roll:

It's like a cap penalty court case prior to the threatened cap penalty court case. Right :?:

If they get the Injunction, wouldn't it be in the best interest of the Owners to give some of the cap space back, considering the start of such a court battle would open the door back open for the NFLPA :?:

With collusion coming back into play, what will the U.S. Government do considering the NFL has a antitrust exemption :shock:

I'm thinking if they get the Injunction the NFL will cave... in doing so nothing goes public, meaning no Congressional Sub-committees, and the NFLPA will still have no leg to stand on.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Deadskins wrote:Nope, the arbitrator did not reject any legal arguments. He just said the skins had to sue in court to use them.

Oh, so he accepted a legal argument. Wait, he "dismissed a challenge" that contained no legal argument.

:roll: <---- eyes of the world :wink:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:47 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Nope, the arbitrator did not reject any legal arguments. He just said the skins had to sue in court to use them.

Oh, so he accepted a legal argument. Wait, he "dismissed a challenge" that contained no legal argument.

:roll: <---- eyes of the world :wink:

He said the Skins had a legal argument, but that he wasn't the right venue to air that argument. all he could rule on was whether or not the league had the ability to impose the sanctions, not the validity of said sanctions under the law. He made a point, at the end of his decision, of saying that the Skins arguments had legal merit, but that the courts were the only place they could argue them. His hands were tied by the league's bylaws.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:18 pm

^ dig it
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:39 am

Kilmer72 wrote:I really like the timing of this. This doesn't give the NFL much time to think about how to resolve this. Just like they did to us, we are not giving them time to think.

Great comment brother! Agree 100%

About your previous comment, I don't think this is a bluff. I mean even if it is, this could get really ugly really fast; to the point of possibly even causing issues with the upcoming season. Don't think it would go that far, but it seems that the Skins front office is in survival mode...people get crazy in survival mode lol

Hopefully the NFL will give back at least some. If there is delay to the upcoming season (not reason to believe so just yet), that's just more R & R for our dear ol RG3 :)

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 am

1niksder wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Just saw on twitter that there is a rumor out there that the Redskins are looking into suing the NFL to hold up free agency until this matter is resolved.

I'm not sure if it'll work but what I think it could do is suspend free agency which would tick off all the other owners and hopefully they'll just settle on a number with the Redskins so they can get something back, if not all.

It's "the Danny" coming out of hiding...

The Skins got hit with the cap penalty right before the start of free agency last off season, now they are attempting to control when free agency will start this off season. :twisted:

The aren't going to court to get the cap space back, they are trying to hold up the start of free agency based on the notion they will take the cap penalty to court. I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on the interweb :wink:

So maybe I can get some help here....

To get the Injunction, don't the Skins have to show that there is a very good chance that they would win they case in order to prove the normal start of free agency would put them at a "competitive" disadvantage :roll:

It's like a cap penalty court case prior to the threatened cap penalty court case. Right :?:

If they get the Injunction, wouldn't it be in the best interest of the Owners to give some of the cap space back, considering the start of such a court battle would open the door back open for the NFLPA :?:

With collusion coming back into play, what will the U.S. Government do considering the NFL has a antitrust exemption :shock:

I'm thinking if they get the Injunction the NFL will cave... in doing so nothing goes public, meaning no Congressional Sub-committees, and the NFLPA will still have no leg to stand on.

I think the most reasonable thing would be to give us partial amount back this year.

We deserve it all IMO but if it were the Cowboys, I'd be all like "they cheated!! Don't give them nothing back!!" Buuuuut its the Redskins so its cool :)

But seriously, having it all back over a period of two years (sound familiar? :twisted: ) would be ideal, but I'd take partial and out of court settlement any day.

I'd love to play internet lawyer...

We could throw him into a pit with those man eating trolls or something...or of course midgets...very aroused, very angry midgets.

We'll spray paint the Redskins logo in the dirt with some yard markers. You know, the same way we rock Fedex Field.

Only thing I haven't figured out yet, is how we're going to get all those lonely midgets out afterwards :?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:23 am

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:If there is delay to the upcoming season (not reason to believe so just yet), that's just more R & R for our dear ol RG3 :)

No one's talking about delaying the season, just the start of free agency.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:03 am

Deadskins wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:If there is delay to the upcoming season (not reason to believe so just yet), that's just more R & R for our dear ol RG3 :)

^^ what he said - I mean, really :shock:

there is no way the Redskins or the NFL are going to allow anything to go to a courtroom ...

and

there is no way this 'action' involves the regular season start ...

how are you able to stretch this out? :lol:

I'm optimistic ... as usual :wink:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:57 am

Deadskins wrote:

I'm aware , but we're talking about a legal proceeding that could lead to an NFL investigation. Like I said twice in that comment, unlikely to happen but possible as in stranger things have happened in sports.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:54 am

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I'm aware , but we're talking about a legal proceeding that could lead to an NFL investigation. Like I said twice in that comment, unlikely to happen but possible as in stranger things have happened in sports.

SORRY, but you're not 'aware' - nobody really sees even a slim chance of this getting into a courtroom where the NFLPA would be waiting ....

AND

'stranger things' have happened but not to the extent that the NFL season will be affected - GET REAL

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:44 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

SORRY, but you're not 'aware' - nobody really sees even a slim chance of this getting into a courtroom where the NFLPA would be waiting ....

AND

'stranger things' have happened but not to the extent that the NFL season will be affected - GET REAL

"...unlikely to happen." That means what it says and says what it means.

NOBODY knows what is going to happen here or if this is even a legitimate threat by the front office.

Possible does not mean probable.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:02 pm

:shock: whatever - this is going nowhere and is not worth wasting space on ..

the Redskins are trying to recoup cap space - this question/issue will be 'resolved' one way or the other in short order - a few weeks MAX

I'm cautiously optimistic

Hail to the Redskins

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football