Fred Davis (resign him now)

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Well that didn't go well huh? :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

piggie

Postby capitaldefense » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:48 pm

nmooooo
Last edited by capitaldefense on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piggie

Postby capitaldefense » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:49 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:Has Davis played two full seasons in a row yet. Has he ever finished in the top ten a TE? I like Davis, but he is no where near elite. He is a good player, not even a very good player. He can run fast, but it's stiff in the hips and had a hard time shifting to a poorly thrown ball. He is a good number for a team that can't do better. I doubt he will draw a lot of interest on the market and should only be brought back at a well below top 5 TE salary level. He is a mid range player at his position and should be paid as such.

If someone wants to pay him anywhere close to elite level congratulate him and wish him well. There are plenty of players of his caliber available.

This is spot on and that injury he had can end careers. If he will take a modest 2 or 3 year deal or a 1 year at around 2.5 you give him a shot. Otherwise you let him walk away, we can't break the bank for an unreliable TE. Think 18 million in cap space.

Postby redskinz4ever » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:53 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Davis is very talented but when is he going to put it all together? If Davis takes an incentive laden contract thats fine with me.
Personally I like Paulsen. Paulsen can catch the rock, is a big target and blocks like a beast.
well said :!:
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:05 am

redskinz4ever wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Davis is very talented but when is he going to put it all together? If Davis takes an incentive laden contract thats fine with me.
Personally I like Paulsen. Paulsen can catch the rock, is a big target and blocks like a beast.

He was putting it together last season but got injured. I can't hold that against him. As far as "putting it together" in previous years, the team was garbage. Nobody had anything together. Look at the year Moss had in 2012, everyone thought he was washed up. If Davis doesn't get injured, he has a banner year.

Look at the TD pass he caught that was negated (the play before his injury). Paulsen isn't atheltic enough to make that play. I like Paulsen, he's a great asset and really stepped up. He's better than anyone gave him credit for, but let's not turn him into a mystical unicorn either. Paulsen isn't the future of the TE position. Davis's athelticism is something defenses have to account for, not Paulsen's.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:10 am

I think Fred Davis is playing here this year - BECAUSE he wants to and more importantly, this offense is better with him ... :lol:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016
we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:06 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
redskinz4ever wrote:

He was putting it together last season but got injured. I can't hold that against him. As far as "putting it together" in previous years, the team was garbage. Nobody had anything together. Look at the year Moss had in 2012, everyone thought he was washed up. If Davis doesn't get injured, he has a banner year.

Look at the TD pass he caught that was negated (the play before his injury). Paulsen isn't atheltic enough to make that play. I like Paulsen, he's a great asset and really stepped up. He's better than anyone gave him credit for, but let's not turn him into a mystical unicorn either. Paulsen isn't the future of the TE position. Davis's athelticism is something defenses have to account for, not Paulsen's.

But Davis hasn't completed two straight seasons! He's clearly injury prone what with that torn Achilles and all. That injury is like a kiss of death. He's not an elite talent, his production is awful. Cooley would have been a better option last year, if only Mike hadn't screwed him out of a roster spot. We can easily replace Davis with a player picked in 4th or 5th round of the draft, because let's be honest Paulsen was an undrafted free agent and he's CLEARLY better than Davis. Unless Davis accepts a(n (INCREDIBLY ASININE) low ball contract that pays him 1.3 million per year with incentive to 2.5 million per, he's is SO NOT WORTH IT!!!

Did I cover everything?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:15 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
redskinz4ever wrote:

He was putting it together last season but got injured.

I think the case is even stronger than that. He actually had a great 2011 season on a mediocre team. Last season was just building on that until he got injured. He's already "put it together," we just have to keep working the game plan and feed him the ball. People are making way too big of a deal about two events that are highly unlikely to repeat and aren't connected in any way.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:21 am

Post retracted because my sarcasm meter is broken. :lol:
Last edited by Chris Luva Luva on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:28 am

He was being sarcastic, dude. ;)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 am

Irn-Bru wrote:He was being sarcastic, dude. ;)

LMAO, WAS HE!?!? JEeeeeeez. I need a vacation. LOLOLOL Sorry guys.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:39 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
redskinz4ever wrote:

He was putting it together last season but got injured.

I think the case is even stronger than that. He actually had a great 2011 season on a mediocre team. Last season was just building on that until he got injured. He's already "put it together," we just have to keep working the game plan and feed him the ball. People are making way too big of a deal about two events that are highly unlikely to repeat and aren't connected in any way.

+ Many
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:43 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:He was being sarcastic, dude. ;)

LMAO, WAS HE!?!? JEeeeeeez. I need a vacation. LOLOLOL Sorry guys.

Assuming this was all started by me responding to CLL earlier. . .yes, I was being sarcastic.

I view Davis as no worse than the 4th best offensive option on the team. Quite frankly, I can see an argument, based on his actual production/games played taking into account Griffin's ability to spread the ball around, as his being the 3rd (ahead of Garcon and behind Morris) best offensive option on the team.

And I do not think that is his ceiling either.

-Santana Moss on Our QB

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:09 am

Ok I know Davis is talented. I said that already.

My problem is will the guy play a full season with us. I mean he gets suspended towards the end of one season missing games. Then I hear crap in the offseason that he has legal issues. Which may or may not affect him being on the team. Then he gets injured this year. He just hasnt been on the field much in the past two years. Whats next?

Believe me when I say I like Davis. I am pulling for him. I would resign him but not for top free agent TE money. Incentive laden contract would be fair. Considering he is coming off an injury and hasn't played a full season for two years now.

I am pulling for Davis. I like him and cheered his arrival on draft day. Will he be able to contribute on the field for the team? I hope so. I am just not holding my breath.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:19 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Considering he is coming off an injury and hasn't played a full season for two years now.

Your concern is more accurate in regards to Orakpo than Davis... You speak about these last two seasons as if the incidents are somehow related. The suspension was his fault, he served his sentence, lets get the hell over it. His injury is just that, an injury. This is football, it happens.

- RGIII got injured this year... Tore his knee up being selfish, let's hold that against him.

- Fletcher is old, and honestly prolly should have missed a game or two but the streak was kept alive. I'm sure there's someone out there that'll hold that against him. And trust me, if we had lost on a TD pass to a TE on which he had coverage, he'd get destroyed on this board.

- Laron Landry, achilles problem right? Healed it his way, he went to the probowl...

Too much is being made of this.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football