Tyran Matheiu Entering Draft

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:33 am

i loved his play until the off field stuff got in the way.so i would take a look ..but there are others out there to consider.lets continue to be smart considering the cap deal.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:01 am

I think we've seen enough from these guys recently to be fairly confident that any player that comes in here is going to be both a good fit and will not be a distraction

IF these guys have decided that this guy's going to help here and that he's not a 'risk', he'll be fine here - we need secondary help and depth
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

piggie

Postby fetus » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:24 am

Watched this kid at the combine and honestly it is so hard to not like him. The kid messed up and so be it.
Kid is a playmaker and would be perfect for any depth beyond a starting corner. He is small but the kid is fast, has great ball skills and just watch his feet in any tape or drill, his movements are perfect.
As I said I didn't like the kid because of his off field issues that led to him being kicked from LSU, also didn't like him at LSU just because of the hype.
His combine was super impressive and I think that a lot more teams are going to be looking at this kid, for sure in the 3rd round, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is taken in the 2nd, I wouldn't be surprised if WE take him in the second.

If he is there in the 3rd round we might as well go after him, let's face it, we need all the secondary help we can get.
RGIII and the terrible D

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:40 pm

Love everything about Tyrann except his cover ability. Explained this more in the "Griffin reaches out to Tyrann thread. I am not even bothered by his suspension in light of the points made by fetus above. I think we're looking at Trent Williams effect of the suspension on the kids internal fortitude.

There is no doubt of his abilities. Again, 4th round, maybe even 3rd if we've already picked our soon to be awesome Safety/Corner in round 2 and we have some one already picked out for 4th round (ILB/RG).
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:51 pm

emoses14 wrote:Love everything about Tyrann except his cover ability. Explained this more in the "Griffin reaches out to Tyrann thread. I am not even bothered by his suspension in light of the points made by fetus above. I think we're looking at Trent Williams effect of the suspension on the kids internal fortitude.

There is no doubt of his abilities. Again, 4th round, maybe even 3rd if we've already picked our soon to be awesome Safety/Corner in round 2 and we have some one already picked out for 4th round (ILB/RG).

How is his zone coverage? Seen a lot of clips/criticisms of his man coverage, but am curious about his abilities as Safety.

If he were to be a solid PR/KR and could also be used at least on certain zone defensive schemes, I'd feel more comfortable about the pick.

There's a lot of talk in his PR/KR abilities, but I don't think we have the luxury of drafting a player strictly for that reason; there needs to be more he can do for us.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:22 pm

emoses14 wrote:Love everything about Tyrann except his cover ability. Explained this more in the "Griffin reaches out to Tyrann thread. I am not even bothered by his suspension in light of the points made by fetus above. I think we're looking at Trent Williams effect of the suspension on the kids internal fortitude.

I don't think you draft this kid to cover... IMO you're drafting him for his return capability, his vision when carrying the ball and ability to make "football plays". His coverage ability can be coached up. Hopefully the pass rush is there to aid him. Hopefully the coaches can mask his deficiencies. Hopefully, his intentions pre-snap are so well masked that it helps the team.

If we didn't have the CAP issue, I'd pick him up in the 3rd. I'd take that risk for a player that could at least potentially get me 2 special teams TD's. A player who could flip field position for us with his punt returns. Yeah, he'd be worth it. If he's there in the 4th, I'd def get him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 pm

and under the heading of how stupid can you get ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... drug-tests

I'll agree that he's MAYBE worth a 3rd at best - he could be available in the 4th round :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:18 pm

SkinsJock wrote:and under the heading of how stupid can you get ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... drug-tests

I'll agree that he's MAYBE worth a 3rd at best - he could be available in the 4th round :lol:

I player who is suspended cannot help its team, no matter how skillful he is.

I would ONLY bring this guy with a 7th pick at most. There are A LOT of good, clean and hard-working people out there ready to be discovered.

People mention this name because of notoriety. People repeat what others say. True scouts discover the ones NOBODY talks about.

Alfred Morris is a perfect example of a great kid overlooked by almost all. ;-)
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:57 pm

The thing is, he's already proven his playmaking ability vs quality teams. If he's available when we pick in the 4th, I'd take a shot on him.

I'd like a starting free safety in the 2nd and a nasty offensive lineman in the 3rd.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:32 am

I don't care if he's the second coming of you know who ... there's NO WAY that Bruce & Mike will bring in a player that cannot stay away from drugs ... NO WAY

that being said - the guys running our FO know a whole lot more about this kid by now and IF he's picked up it's ONLY because they are VERY SURE he will stay clean

some of these kids are so damned talented - it's such a shame that they are so friggin' dumb

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Return to NFL Draft 2013