Brady's Deal

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
DarthMonk
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Brady's Deal

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:39 pm

I guess we all know about the deal. All the talk radio says other players should be pissed. I can see why agents for the big QBs (as well as the big QBs themselves) might not be thrilled ...

... but shouldn't the more rank-and-file types like this - especially a few guys the Pats go after who might've wound up on some crappy team for less money?

:-k
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 15962
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:25 pm

Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Brady's Deal

Postby 1niksder » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:08 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I guess we all know about the deal. All the talk radio says other players should be pissed. I can see why agents for the big QBs (as well as the big QBs themselves) might not be thrilled ...

... but shouldn't the more rank-and-file types like this - especially a few guys the Pats go after who might've wound up on some crappy team for less money?

:-k


Brady's old deal would have paid him $30M over the next two years, now that he has signed a three-year, $27 million extension, his base salary will be $1M in 2013, and $2M in 2014. The $27M comes into play in 2015 and beyond but they paid him $30M to sign the deal, so he got a extra $3M over the next two years to help the team lower his cap number.

I'm not sure why this would piss other players off.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13135
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:28 pm

^^ you're right on with that question IMO

some just want to try and stir things up :twisted:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:00 am

SkinsJock wrote:^^ you're right on with that question IMO

some just want to try and stir things up :twisted:


He made two years pay (based on when he was on the "top paid" QB list) just to sign a deal that will give him another $3M over the same two years :shock:

Here's another question... if he is earning $3M more than when he was on that list... Why isn't he still on the list?

Or

How many years does Brady have left? I'd say right around TWO
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ
Online
Posts: 13135
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:07 am

:up:

IMO Brady's deal is a good deal for himself and the team - he's not being 'greedy' and it allows the franchise a little more financial room

I'm not a Pats fan - I like to see players get paid well AND allow the team to not be strapped
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

DarthMonk
Posts: 4290
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Re: Brady's Deal

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:33 pm

1niksder wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I guess we all know about the deal. All the talk radio says other players should be pissed. I can see why agents for the big QBs (as well as the big QBs themselves) might not be thrilled ...

... but shouldn't the more rank-and-file types like this - especially a few guys the Pats go after who might've wound up on some crappy team for less money?

:-k


Brady's old deal would have paid him $30M over the next two years, now that he has signed a three-year, $27 million extension, his base salary will be $1M in 2013, and $2M in 2014. The $27M comes into play in 2015 and beyond but they paid him $30M to sign the deal, so he got a extra $3M over the next two years to help the team lower his cap number.

I'm not sure why this would piss other players off.


Same here ... and look what Faccid just got:

Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens have agreed to a six-year, $120.6 million contract that makes the quarterback the highest-paid player in NFL history, a source familiar with the deal told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

-drinking
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4375
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:15 pm

Wow.. I'd say ed reed is more important to that team then flaccid.. with the weapons around him and mediocre play, he barely breaks the top ten qbs in my opinion
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Around the League