Is Tim Tebow Gay?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
DarthMonk

Is Tim Tebow Gay?

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:03 pm

I was investigating the whole deal about him being invited to give an Easter sermon and ran into this. Funny what you find when surfin' the net.

Excerpt from the writer:

When I was in my late teens and early 20s, I was a devout Christian. I went to church every Sunday, read the Bible, and prayed every night. Every single night. I swore, like Tebow, that I wouldn’t have sex until I married. My first long-term girlfriend was even more hardcore Christian than I was. It was easy hiding my sexual orientation behind my religion. God said I can’t have sex, so I can’t have sex.

It’s not a gay thing, it’s a God thing.

It wasn’t until I was 21 that I had sexual contact with anyone else; It wasn’t until I was 22 that I’d try to “stumble” into bathrooms on campus where it was rumored gay sex occurred.

Tebow, like myself 20 years ago, has said he’s committed to no sex until he’s married. Outsports reader John Armstrong reflected on Tebow’s commitment to chastity:

"You are aware that Tim Tebow is a flaming homosexual, right? Hmmm…I hate myself for being gay and a fundie, so what can I do? I know; I’ll super-achieve in a sport where I can be around men. How can I be very attractive and successful and still be a virgin and nobody scratches heads? I know; I’ll flaunt my religion.

Tim Tebow has one purpose on earth: To reconcile homosexuality and religion. When he comes out, the world changes."

LINK to the full article.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:54 pm

I don't think Tebow is gay. Others can opine what they will......I just don't think he is gay nor is he hiding behind his religion.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:05 am

My question is--who cares?

What Tebow does with his spare time is his business. Whether it's fellowshipping for the Lord, or watching Mark Sanchez's butt fumble, it doesn't matter.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:01 pm

The Hogster wrote:My question is--who cares?

What Tebow does with his spare time is his business. Whether it's fellowshipping for the Lord, or watching Mark Sanchez's butt fumble, it doesn't matter.

I agree with your second paragraph. As for the first, if he ever comes out, you'll find out who cares.

We talk about a lot of stuff that doesn't matter.

PS - I actually thought you might be one of the ones who care since I see a lot of your posts calling people gay.

:-k

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:39 am

DarthMonk wrote:PS - I actually thought you might be one of the ones who care since I see a lot of your posts calling people gay.

I lol'd.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:23 am

... or, it could be that he is committed to his beliefs. I don't care if he's gay... but, why give unwarranted credibility to this speculation, which really is... baseless?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Today on his Twitter account Tim Tebow wrote:“While I was looking forward to sharing a message of hope and Christ’s unconditional love with the faithful members of the historic First Baptist Church of Dallas in April, due to new information that has been brought to my attention, I have decided to cancel my upcoming appearance. I will continue to use the platform God has blessed me with to bring Faith, Hope and Love to all those needing a brighter day. Thank you for all of your love and support. God Bless!”
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:24 pm

I couldn't care less if he's gay or a devout christian or a virgin or the result of his mother's decision not to have an abortion or if he is or is not a handsome man.

All I want to discuss is how much he sucks at being a quarterback. Because, you see, he really, really does.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:51 pm

+1

I'm also afraid this will distract from the real issue. :lol:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:52 pm

emoses14 wrote:All I want to discuss is how much he sucks at being a quarterback. Because, you see, he really, really does.

Yes, but given that, he's still better than Mark Sanchez.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Deadskins wrote:
emoses14 wrote:All I want to discuss is how much he sucks at being a quarterback. Because, you see, he really, really does.

Yes, but given that, he's still better than Mark Sanchez.

Apparently not.

Tebow is a better qb than me, so he's got that going for him. Except in about 3 months we'll both be making the same amount of money from the nfl. Dirty Sanchez will still be collecting nfl dollars at That time.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Of course he's gay (happy)

I'd be gay too if I was in the NFL getting paid to do nothing.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:24 am

DarthMonk wrote:
The Hogster wrote:My question is--who cares?

I agree with your second paragraph. As for the first, if he ever comes out, you'll find out who cares.

We talk about a lot of stuff that doesn't matter.

PS - I actually thought you might be one of the ones who care since I see a lot of your posts calling people gay.

Calling someone gay for making a less than masculine comment on a message board is not the same as questioning Tim Tebow's real-life sexuality.

For example, I think it's pretty gay that you "investigated" this issue and cared enough to create a thread about it.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:36 pm

The Hogster wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

Calling someone gay for making a less than masculine comment on a message board is not the same as questioning Tim Tebow's real-life sexuality.

For example, I think it's pretty gay that you "investigated" this issue and cared enough to create a thread about it.

[sarcasm]Very "masculine" of you.[/sarcasm]

Please take your own advice non-caring one, and, as

The Hogster wrote:Read slower.

I was investigating a sermon he was scheduled to give. People were calling for Goodell to intervene. Tebow has canceled the gig, BTW.

Attempting to move the conversation forward ... Anyone interested may want to see a thread just started by Welch concerning the gayness of a former Redskin. It's actually quite an interesting place society is in right now with the legality of an employer's questioning potential employees on their preferences for boys or girls actually being a hot-button issue in the NFL. If Tebow is, in fact, gay he could possibly bring about major change in the NFL, his church, and even law. I'd think this could be of particular interest to a christian or lawyer with intellectual curiosity not to mention long-time football fans who want to see (or not) the best players on the field regardless.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

cleg

Postby cleg » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:16 am

Who cares. Probably 5-10% of nfl players are gay. So what?
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Return to Around the League