Contract talks on hold - working to recoup cap space

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Unless there's someone on here with inside knowledge, we have no clue if this is a bluff or not.

Get someone desperate enough and they'll do just about anything to survive.

Time will tell...

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:19 am

If Dan... If Dan can sue elderly women, he has the nads to sue the NFL.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:34 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:If Dan... If Dan can sue elderly women, he has the nads to sue the NFL.

That entire, "Dan sued a grandmother" thing was product of the negative local media. Yes, he took legal action against a person that was in the first year of a multi-year contract and repetitively refused to talk to the Skins to try about a way of reconciling her extremely large debt. Yes, she is a grandmother, but would ANY company not try to collect a debt they were entitled to?

The grandmother got sued for not paying her bills, the same as any person would be.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby VRIEL1 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:46 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:If Dan... If Dan can sue elderly women, he has the nads to sue the NFL.

That entire, "Dan sued a grandmother" thing was product of the negative local media. Yes, he took legal action against a person that was in the first year of a multi-year contract and repetitively refused to talk to the Skins to try about a way of reconciling her extremely large debt. Yes, she is a grandmother, but would ANY company not try to collect a debt they were entitled to?

The grandmother got sued for not paying her bills, the same as any person would be.

Its also really easy to sue someone you don't know vs fellow business owners whom you have to work with all the time.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:33 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:

No, no, no. Dan Snyder is the anti-christ and we will forever be a joke because of dan snyder, there is no "fact" that can dispute this narrative.

/sarcasm
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:57 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:

I'm not saying it was right or wrong... But just that it's not like the man is incapable of doing it.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:42 am

:lol:

Oh Grandma didn't even speak to them about it? She just carried it like.. "eh, whatever". See I didn't know that before.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:12 am

langleyparkjoe wrote::lol:

Oh Grandma didn't even speak to them about it? She just carried it like.. "eh, whatever". See I didn't know that before.

'Course you didn't. It wasn't reported heavily because that would kill the headline and the narrative that Dan Snyder is evil and the redskins are a joke.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby yupchagee » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Not true. It doesn't take much to sue 1 old lady. Taking on the NFL is a different matter.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:57 am

According to Dov Kleiman of Rant Sports, the Washington Redskins have signed tight end Paulsen to a three-year extension.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:19 pm

1niksder wrote:
According to Dov Kleiman of Rant Sports, the Washington Redskins have signed tight end Paulsen to a three-year extension.

How does this help us recoup stolen cap space? I suppose that you were pointing out that contract talks have resumed.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:43 pm

Deadskins wrote:
1niksder wrote:

How does this help us recoup stolen cap space? I suppose that you were pointing out that contract talks have resumed.

:up:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

swine

Postby cowboyhater4life » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Great move to keep LP. He is Young, big and has good hands
R.I.P. Taylor!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:30 pm

1niksder wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
1niksder wrote:

:up:

and ... by extension .....

that this is a sign that the Redskins realize they are not going to get any relief from the cap hit

we can now all move on - NOT HAPPENING

it would have been nice but we will win the NFC East again anyway :wink:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:00 am

If it's gonna happen (getting money back) it's gonna happen at the last minute. It's going to be a shocking moment. The NFL is a show, it has to be get full coverage.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football