Wide Receiver

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
||||||

Wide Receiver

Postby EA7649 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:40 pm

We need a deep threat wide receiver...no better then Randy Moss. 1 year cheap contract! Who is with me?

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:51 pm

:moon:

Hog

Re: Wide Receiver

Postby markshark84 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:17 pm

EA7649 wrote:We need a deep threat wide receiver...no better then Randy Moss. 1 year cheap contract! Who is with me?

:puke:

No way. RGIII doesn't need that in his lockeroom.

Randy Moss considers himself the "best WR of all time". We already have a solid #1 in Garcon who is drastically better than Randy Moss. I already see that as an issue. While we have FINALLY established good player leadership, such leadership is still new and thus fragile. We don't need a guy like Randy Moss coming in and screwing things up.

Besides he is 36 years old. This team needs to continue the trend of avoiding the signing of in-the-twilight vets.

He's not worth the $$$ or potential risk.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:21 pm

I understand your opinion. According to Aldon Smith this morning on First Take he was a good teammate, good work ethic and really helped his QB with knowledge.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:30 pm

No. Nyet. Mhai. Non. Iie. Mai.

Hell no.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby jmooney » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:55 pm

I wouldnt touch a single thing on offense , outside of re-signing Davis and a new right tackle.

It aint broke.

Who is Randy Moss better than on this team right now, at this point in his career?

Considering our cap issues right now. We can only afford to address one side of the ball and we cant do a very good job at that. Leave the offense alone for now.

Plug in a new RT and see where the glaring hole is next year.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 pm

azzhats... they are everywhere! Bye, Randy Moss... time to disappear into irrelevance.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:11 pm

we have a lot of guys who can get behind the defense. i think we really lost a lot when davis went down, we lost a lot in the possession game. I'd focus on getting that back, and maybe getting a tough receiver, like an Anquan Boldin, to maybe take over Morgan's spot. Or maybe Hankerson develops more into that role.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:03 am

jmooney wrote:Who is Randy Moss better than on this team right now, at this point in his career?

To answer this specific question. There is nobody on this team that can best Randy in the redzone. It was completely baffling as to why SanFran failed to utilize his skillset at this stage in his career, correctly.

markshark84 wrote:No way. RGIII doesn't need that in his lockeroom.

Not that I want Moss, but I think you underestimate RGIII.

markshark84 wrote:He's not worth the $$$ or potential risk.

Not that I want Moss, but he's not a risk. Last I saw, his team went to the superbowl last year. He can't be too much of a detriment.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:25 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
jmooney wrote:Who is Randy Moss better than on this team right now, at this point in his career?

To answer this specific question. There is nobody on this team that can best Randy in the redzone. It was completely baffling as to why SanFran failed to utilize his skillset at this stage in his career, correctly.

Not that I want Moss, but he's not a risk. Last I saw, his team went to the superbowl last year. He can't be too much of a detriment.

I am not sure you understood the first of my statements. I'm not underestimating RGIII or believe he can't handle a controversial player. What I am saying is that RGIII doesn't need RM to come in and demand passes or routes as he has done in the past. RGIII would be better off if that wasn't in his lockeroom. Because he is a "new" leader, we need to surround him with the right people. RM isn't the kind of "vet" we need setting examples for our (outside of Santana Moss) very receiveing corps. Plain and simple: RGIII would be better off no having it around than having it around.

Again, but perhaps I should have explained further as I don't believe you understood the meaning. As far as money, he is all about it and we are limited on cap space. As far as risk --- it is 2 form. First, 2012 was the first full season RM has completed in the past 4. The fact he is getting older and has only played in 32 of the past 64 regular season games makes him a risk (regardless of why). Secondly, he is a character risk based on his past history with NE, OAK, and TEN. The fact his team made it to the SB doesn't mean that RM isn't a risk. Historically, RM has been relatively happy in the first year with a new team (except TEN); however, it was the subsequent years where he caused problems. This team isn't "one player away". Therefore, we can't afford to "rent" RM for one year and send him packing. Besides, TO played in a SB and Moss played in one with NE. They were both "expelled" from their respective teams for being distractions. RM is a player that you have to constantly make happy and give "respect" to or he will rebel.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:34 am

No, I know where you're coming from. And I think Randy Moss isn't as bad he is made out to be.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:35 pm

I did not know that Randy Moss was considered a distraction last season - is there a link

AND

to add to CLL's point ...
Randy Moss might be a part of the offense here but he will not be a part of the offense if he thinks he can 'demand' anything

Randy Moss might be' a Redskin, but it will ONLY happen if Bruce, Mike and Kyle know that he can help the other players on offense

I have a lot of faith in this FO's ability to not bring in players who will be a distraction
I doubt that Moss would be a distraction, he just does not add to what we have

this FO does not play Fantasy Football and just bring in players that have proved they are great NFL players like Dumb & Dumber used to do

This FO has a plan and it seems to be working well :D
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:57 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

I am not sure you understood the first of my statements. I'm not underestimating RGIII or believe he can't handle a controversial player. What I am saying is that RGIII doesn't need RM to come in and demand passes or routes as he has done in the past. RGIII would be better off if that wasn't in his lockeroom. Because he is a "new" leader, we need to surround him with the right people. RM isn't the kind of "vet" we need setting examples for our (outside of Santana Moss) very receiveing corps. Plain and simple: RGIII would be better off no having it around than having it around.

Again, but perhaps I should have explained further as I don't believe you understood the meaning. As far as money, he is all about it and we are limited on cap space. As far as risk --- it is 2 form. First, 2012 was the first full season RM has completed in the past 4. The fact he is getting older and has only played in 32 of the past 64 regular season games makes him a risk (regardless of why). Secondly, he is a character risk based on his past history with NE, OAK, and TEN. The fact his team made it to the SB doesn't mean that RM isn't a risk. Historically, RM has been relatively happy in the first year with a new team (except TEN); however, it was the subsequent years where he caused problems. This team isn't "one player away". Therefore, we can't afford to "rent" RM for one year and send him packing. Besides, TO played in a SB and Moss played in one with NE. They were both "expelled" from their respective teams for being distractions. RM is a player that you have to constantly make happy and give "respect" to or he will rebel.

I think you're confusing RM with TO. No way was he demanding pass routes in SF last year. He only got the ball once or twice a game, if that. At this point in his career, he wouldn't command top dollar either. I'm not saying we should bring him in, but I don't think your depiction is at all accurate.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:11 pm

¡No Moss!
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to General Manager's Office