Trent Williams

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Trent really stepped it up this year at a crucial moment. A lot of people were expressing doubt over his commitment and work ethic. Major props to him for the offseason and season he had. I think we've seen him grow up and hit a new baseline for performance from here forward.

But but but but, he smoked weed!!!!!
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:17 am

Bob 0119 wrote:I think our Oline benefits more from scheme and star-power of RGIII and Morris than anything.

I believe If RGIII had as much time in the pocket as Eli Manning, our offense would score 50 points a game.

Maybe not 50, but much more than we do. We simply don't have a talented offensive line. If RG3 becomes less a threat because of his knee, Alfred won't run even close to 1600 yards and RG3's passing stats will take a dive. I hate to say it, but I see a lean year coming that will expose our weaknesses. We've got to get some talent in the off-season. On the offensive side, we need significant upgrades at WR, RT, RG, LG. Our needs are even more critical on defense.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:42 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:I think our Oline benefits more from scheme and star-power of RGIII and Morris than anything.

I believe If RGIII had as much time in the pocket as Eli Manning, our offense would score 50 points a game.

Maybe not 50, but much more than we do. We simply don't have a talented offensive line. If RG3 becomes less a threat because of his knee, Alfred won't run even close to 1600 yards and RG3's passing stats will take a dive. I hate to say it, but I see a lean year coming that will expose our weaknesses. We've got to get some talent in the off-season. On the offensive side, we need significant upgrades at WR, RT, RG, LG. Our needs are even more critical on defense.

The only team that made the Skins Oline look bad was Pittsburg. Other then that our Oline held up well against most teams. I think its fair to classify our Oline is one of the better Olines in the league. We could use more depth and RT, G. 1600 yards rushing does not happen without a good Oline.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:50 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:Trent really stepped it up this year at a crucial moment. A lot of people were expressing doubt over his commitment and work ethic. Major props to him for the offseason and season he had. I think we've seen him grow up and hit a new baseline for performance from here forward.

But but but but, he smoked weed!!!!!

We are talking about this year. He did not miss any games this year because of smoking marajuana. As long as he does not hurt himself or any other person. He can do what he wants. As a fan I just expect him to behave in a manner that does not cause him to miss any games. Weed is not the issue. I think most fans would agree.

Once again congrats to Trent for having a great year. Technically he didnt really harm Sherman so I am glad he did that. :D

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:58 am

HEROHAMO wrote:The only team that made the Skins Oline look bad was Pittsburg.

Mpre like the Skins' receivers than the Steelers' defense. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:54 am

Well ya the receivers had a terrible game. However the OLBs for the Steelers spent alot of time in the backfield. Ya but overall the receivers had the worst performance of the offense. I thought the Oline ran Ok at times but the blitz for Pitt was overwhelming our Oline.

As the season went on our Oline kept improving and turned into a solid group. I think the breakout game was probably the Thanksgiving game. But yeah 1600 yards rushing is no small achievement.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:02 am

No! - the O line 'benefits' from the scheme and many other facets ...

these guys were not highly regarded and turned out to be pretty effective - it was NOT because of a great QB or a great RB - it was because of what they ALL did - Kyle and the O line coaches, the ZBS scheme, the game planning, the execution - EVERYTHING - having a great QB and a great RB helped but .. we also had a bunch of other guys busting their tails off to make sure things worked like they did

AND

our offense is not designed or meant to give the QB a whole bunch of time - it's completely different - are you kidding??
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:02 am

Oh yeah correction our Oline helped Morris and RG3 with 2700 yards rushing. You have to count RG3s rushing total as well. Our team actually led the league in rushing last year. 5th in yards per game and 4th in points per game. Not too shabby.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:02 am

The WR's set a record for amount of drops in a game. I think it was 10+. It's a team game but they get all the credit for that loss.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:15 am

crazyhorse1 wrote: .... We simply don't have a talented offensive line.
If RG3 becomes less a threat because of his knee, Alfred won't run even close to 1600 yards and RG3's passing stats will take a dive.
I hate to say it, but I see a lean year coming that will expose our weaknesses.

We've got to get some talent in the off-season. On the offensive side, we need significant upgrades at WR, RT, RG, LG.
Our needs are even more critical on defense.

1 maybe the O line is not 'talented' but if anything was made very obvious last year it was that mediocre players playing together looked a lot better than talented players not playing as a team

2 RG3 will be as good if not better as far as running is concerned - his play as a QB should be vastly improved
the offensive scheme will further evolve to take even more advantage of his arm and his ability to better read defenses

3 we do need to make some additions but these guys have clearly demonstrated that they are awesome at identifying the players that best suit what we want to do as a team

we may not be great but we will be winning the NFC East again
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:25 pm

Trent Williams is Training With Adrian Peterson

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/03/06/trent-williams-is-training-with-adrian-peterson/

Let’s get it,” Adrian Peterson tweeted this week, along with the above action photo.
Nice image of a guy refusing to relax despite a 2,000-yard season. For Redskins fans, though, the highlight of the picture was located one treadmill over. That’s franchise left tackle Trent Williams in the neon green sneaks, working out with the all-world running back. A lineman working out with a running back?

“Depending on what we’re doing, he definitely gets in there with AD, and they mix it up pretty good, to be honest with you,” their Houston-based trainer James Cooper told me this week. “Unlike some guys that keep playing, [Williams] actually wants to get faster and he wants to get stronger every year. He’s jumping. He’s not jumping the same as AD, but they’re going neck and neck on 42-inches Plyo Boxes — Adrian actually has the 46-inch boxes too.
“He’s exploding pretty high,” Cooper said of the lineman. “He’s competing. It’s fun to watch him go with the little guys. I’ve got a lot of linemen, and they don’t want to run 200s and 300-meter sprints. And Trent gets out there and he runs the 300-meter sprints, he runs the 200s, the 150s. And I push him at a pretty fast pace. He’s a pretty fast guy for his size already, pretty nimble, but it’s because he really works on it. Like I tell him, just because you’re big doesn’t mean you have to play slow. You should be able to play as quick as the lightest guy — that should be the goal.”

How is this for maturity?
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:41 pm

^^ +1

this is one of the intangibles this franchise is going to benefit from by making the trade to get RG3
we're going to see a number of free agents trying to "be a part of the magic"
PLUS ... the players that are here making more of an effort to be the best they can be

RG3 has definitely 'raised the bar' and I'm sure we're going to see this franchise making even more steps towards greatness

great to see Trent really stepping it up - thanks Hogster

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:55 pm

Trent gets it and is putting in the work = BEASTMODE
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:10 pm

I truly hope that TW has matured. It didn't appear so when he had to sit out the pro bowl game because of injuries sustained in a bar fight the night prior. And for those that say it wasn't his fault --- it doesn't appear he was blindly attacked; there was some back and forth prior. It also doesn't help that he "face-pushed" (for lack of better word) Sherman after the SEA loss. He has an off-the-field anger issue (ie, he completely lacks the ability to "walk away" or be the bigger man) that he needs to resolve.

That aside, TW had a terrific season. Our OL in total is what I would consider average. I agree with many on here that say our scheme and RGIII helped make our guys look much better than they are. If we upgraded our RT and got a top-flight guard, you would see a big impact --- although with an OL, I don't like wholesale changes, so I would prefer we just upgrade the RT this year and then move on the next. Great OLs are ones that have played together. If you replace 40% of the line, that continuity will go away.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:34 pm

markshark84 wrote:I agree with many on here that say our scheme and RGIII helped make our guys look much better than they are.

That can be said about any/every team in the NFL tho...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football