DRAFT Terrance Williams from Baylor

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
G4L

DRAFT Terrance Williams from Baylor

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Get RG3 a weapon that can replace Moss and save us cap.
HAIL

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:58 pm

Ummm... We need DB help. Receivers are a luxury we won't likely look at, unless one happens to be BPA in the right circumstance.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Meriweather should be good to go plus if tanard gets back plus the kid fro IOWA and doughty and Gomes we'll be good just cut Madeiu Williams
HAIL

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:21 pm

Plus Moss is still solid. He can definitely play for another year.

Though our receiving core hasn't been performing "perfectly", I'd rather us improve on preventing the other team from scoring as much this year.

We were putting up points pretty well last year.

I'm all about getting another top quality receiver, but realistically, we're probably not going to upgrade there till next year.

we'll see...

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:29 pm

I was reading an article on the Redskins receivers. Probably CSN or Realredskins. ANyway, per the article, the Redskins receiers did better than most f the teasm with a #1 hotshot receivers. Our receiving corps is just fine. We need defensive help more than anything.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Meriweather should be good to go plus if tanard gets back plus the kid fro IOWA and doughty and Gomes we'll be good just cut Madeiu Williams

My fear is that you are serious. This is pro football, not Madden.

Merriweather lost virtually his entire season on two hits... if he returns to form, he was certainly showing signs of beasthood... but not reliable. We have no CB who can cover in man for any time.

And, the "kid" from Iowa... you don't even know his name, but you expect him to be a performer. Seriously. Bernstein may be that sleeper, but we already know that our D secondary was pathetic.

Gomes is now going into his 3rd year of second chances...

Jackson... no guarantee that the league will even let him play.

No. We need to find RELIABLE DB's. Our receivers are fine. And, fortunately, our FO is past the point of running the team like it's a personal fantasy team.

Postby yupchagee » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Gibbs4Life wrote:Meriweather should be good to go plus if tanard gets back plus the kid fro IOWA and doughty and Gomes we'll be good just cut Madeiu Williams

Merriweather lost virtually his entire season on two hits... if he returns to form, he was certainly showing signs of beasthood... but not reliable. We have no CB who can cover in man for any time.

And, the "kid" from Iowa... you don't even know his name, but you expect him to be a performer. Seriously. Bernstein may be that sleeper, but we already know that our D secondary was pathetic.

No. We need to find RELIABLE DB's. Our receivers are fine. And, fortunately, our FO is past the point of running the team like it's a personal fantasy team.

+1
Bernstine tore 3 knee ligaments. I'm not expecting much from him this tear if ever.
Jackson, at best, can join the team at the end of August. He will be way behind.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:25 pm

yupchagee wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

+1
Bernstine tore 3 knee ligaments. I'm not expecting much from him this tear if ever.
Jackson, at best, can join the team at the end of August. He will be way behind.

That's so disappointing and frustrating. I was very hopeful of Bernstine & Meriweather.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:16 am

Countertrey wrote:Merriweather lost virtually his entire season on two hits... if he returns to form, he was certainly showing signs of beasthood... but not reliable.

Fair enough... But let's alter your post, just for fun.

CLL EDITED Countertrey wrote:RGIII... if he returns to form, he was certainly showing signs of beasthood... but not reliable.

CLL EDITED Countertrey wrote:Orakpo... if he returns to form, he was certainly showing signs of beasthood... but not reliable.

CLL EDITED Countertrey wrote:Helu... if he returns to form, he was certainly showing signs of beasthood... but not reliable.

CLL EDITED Countertrey wrote:Fred Davis... if he returns to form, he was certainly showing signs of beasthood... but not reliable.

The same can be said of any player... 1 or two hits can change the entire season/career. I understand your pessimism, and it's warranted to a degree. But considering our cap situation, I think you must bring him back. BUT!! BUT!!! You draft a contingency plan at a higher spot.

I was high on Tanard returning (for cap reasons) until we learned he won't be back until Aug. We have Doughty, who I rag on a lot but he's a good backup at SS. We'd still have Gomes. FS is the worst position, I'd address that first.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:56 pm

... and if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their asses.

Your exercise entirely misses the point... G4L is advocating WR... despite the FACT that our d secondary was among the most unreliable in the league. The receivers on this team are adequate... the DB's, based upon performance, are NOT.

Beyond that, every player you listed in your "hypotheticals" has demonstrated his worth to the franchise. Merriweather... has NOT.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:04 pm

Countertrey wrote:Beyond that, every player you listed in your "hypotheticals" has demonstrated his worth to the franchise. Merriweather... has NOT.

Sure he did. Only it was for just one half of one game. :?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Are you serious?

Did you learn nothing from last year?

I honestly hope this is a tongue and cheek statement.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

swine

Postby Colorado Skin Fan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:25 am

I'm all in for a top heavy defensive draft starting with DB's. We need fresh young talent back there, particularly at safety.

I watched every Baylor game and if TWill falls that far to us it's pretty tempting. He'll be an impact receiver in the NFL. Good size, speed, good route runner, and great hands. I've though all along he is a first round talent and may still be.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:46 pm

we def need a to add db's and maybe a RT, however, I would be thinking WR in the later part of the draft and in free agency. I hope Garcon doesn't get hurt again but it is a definite possibility. What would be nice is if we had our cap space back that was taken for no apparent reason. It would also be nice if Hankerson or Robinson showed enough to take Morgan's job, but i don't know if that will happen. Our WR situation is NOT settled, but its certainly more stable than the defensive backfield.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:51 am

woulda, coulda, shoulda ... :lol:

we won the NFC East with an absolutely decimated front 7 - the secondary was not the real issue - losing both Carriker and Orakpo was

I'm sure we will have a better secondary ... the big 'addition' will be the return of our injured players

Haslett did wonders and will be able to get better pressure with a little help
I'm not sure how we actually 'fix' the pass defense but it would seem we can help with our own players and with the draft - AND .. I'm sure the FO will find some gems available in free agency

we might add a WR but I really doubt that anyone we get will be a starter
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Return to NFL Draft 2013