Top 100 Free Agency Forecast

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:39 am

Rotoworld Football will have you covered and then some during the forthcoming NFL free-agency period. After a buzz-filled negotiating weekend, more buzz and salary cap casualties will be the theme of Monday. On Tuesday at 4PM ET, signings will begin.

Nick Mensio will churn out daily free-agent recaps. Adam Levitan will expose winners and losers. Along with Mensio, Levitan, and Matt Stafford apologist Pat Daugherty, I'll be constantly updating our Player News Page every day for the next week.

We're not planning on getting much sleep.

This is my ranking of the NFL's Top 100 Free Agents with projected landing spots. I'm trying to read tea leaves and guessing. If I nail 30, I'll feel pretty good. The objective of this column is to give you a feel for the best players available, where they might fit, and how much money they might cost. You're getting familiar with names, potential price tags, and possibilities.

The rankings do not include restricted free agents like Victor Cruz because they almost never go anywhere and aren't worth discussion.

Let's go.

Here are the Free Agents forecast to join the Redskins

18. Cornerback Derek Cox -- 26-year-old Cox would rank higher if not for injuries. Too often the victim of muscle-tissue ailments, Cox has missed 17 games the past three years. A talented man or zone defender when healthy, Cox does have 12 interceptions across four NFL seasons, flashing No. 1-corner skills in spurts. Old Jags coach Jack Del Rio now runs Denver's defense, but weekend buzz indicated Washington is a likelier suitor once DeAngelo Hall is cut.

Free Agent Forecast: Redskins on a four-year, $24 million contract.

:rock:

54. Tight end Fred Davis -- The Browns might be a team to watch -- Cleveland tight ends coach Jon Embree was Davis' position coach for a year in D.C. -- but otherwise there has never been much doubt. Despite Saturday's re-signing of Logan Paulsen, the Redskins envision Davis as their starting tight end in 2013. Coming off an Achilles' tear, Davis might be smart to bet on himself and sign a one-year deal. If he plays well, he could get something more lucrative in 2014.

Free Agent Forecast: Redskins on a one-year, $3.5 million contract.

:up:

68. Cornerback E.J. Biggers -- Biggers was the one Tampa cornerback who came to play in 2012, grading out as a top-20 cover corner in Pro Football Focus' ratings. 25 years old, Biggers should be getting better. Tight with old Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris -- now the defensive backs coach in D.C. -- Biggers could be another cheap signing for the corner-needy Redskins.

Free Agent Forecast: Redskins on a two-year, $3.5 million contract.

:|

:feedback;
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:59 am

If Cox can stay healthy, soungs like three good deals.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:47 am

Deadskins wrote:If Cox can stay healthy, soungs like three good deals.

+1

He only missed half the number of games last season compared to the year before... :? but they won twice as many games in 2011 compared to 2012.

I've heard... the Jags are under new management and are gutting the roster and his performance has little to do with him hitting the market. It sounds legit although I heard it from another CB that won't be returning. :twisted:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:17 am

Thanks for the link to that site - VERY informative

I'm fine with picking up Cox AND Davis - I don't know that we need both CBs - we'll get some help here from the draft

ALSO
I hope we can keep Zo and add a 'player' like Edelman
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Return to General Manager's Office