Press Conference today at 4:30pm est

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
^^^^^^^

Press Conference today at 4:30pm est

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:29 am

Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan and general manager Bruce Allen address the media this afternoon to discuss the state of the team on the eve of free agency.

http://www.redskins.com/

Lots of news coming out already of what is being speculated from this press conference. Here's what we know ahead of time.

- Brandon Banks won't be back
- Redskins have tendered RFA NT Chris Baker a right of first refusal qualifying offer worth $1.32M for 2013

- Some have thrown out that there may be a trade in the works and it's being announced. I'll update this post if something leaks.

- Might expect to hear something about the penalty and how it will affect things and if there's any progress.

- Fan's are ENCOURAGED to bring signs to Redskins Park to protest the penalties imposed on the Redskins this year.

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 am

Be sad to see Santana Moss released if so. Would like him to finish a Skin, however business is business.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:53 am

mastdark81 wrote:Be sad to see Santana Moss released if so. Would like him to finish a Skin, however business is business.

I think that Santana Moss WILL 'finish' his career as a Redskin ...

If he's playing this season it will be here ... he had some amazing plays last season and RG3 is VERY comfortable with him :wink:
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:54 am

Doesn't Santana actually need the money?

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida ... ed-in.html

Hog

Postby VRIEL1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:26 pm

Although all the other topics are something I have interest int....

There is nothing more interesting to me right now other then the Skins filing for the injuction and law suit. IF they come out with that news I'll be happy and have a ton of respect for Snyder.

Someone needs to keep the NFL in check sometimes instead of letting them think they can do whatever they want.

piggie

Postby fetus » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:15 pm

RGIII and the terrible D

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:16 pm

This, along with several other topics most likely will be discussed.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:45 pm

I think a lot of things will be discussed, but the cap penalty news will be limited to references to how difficult it's making life for the Redskins this year. Almost everything the Redskins have done so far and will do over the coming weeks, has been determined by the cap penalty.

And we're not going to get the cap space back people.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Redskins could announce cap plans at 4:30 p.m. press conference
Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2013, 2:58 PM EDT
Mike+Shanahan+Bruce+Allen+Washington+Redskins+Mgxi-d0y-Syl Getty Images

The Redskins are still considering their options when it comes to the $36 million in cap penalties imposed against the franchise in 2013 for treating the uncapped year as uncapped.

Later today, at a press conference during which coach Mike Shanahan and G.M. Bruce Allen will discuss free agency, more information could be coming.At 4:30 p.m. ET, Shanahan and Allen will have a chance to talk and to answer questions. If they plan to address it unprompted or to be candid when asked, more light will be shed on the situation.An effort to block the launch of free agency at 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday seems unlikely at this point, given that the Redskins could have filed legal action aimed at overturning the cap penalties at any point in the past year. Then again, a late-afternoon filing with an emergency hearing on Tuesday morning could result in a temporary restraining order blocking the start of the new league year, pending a more detailed hearing later in the week.And while on the surface it appears that the Redskins have delayed filing suit, it’s possible that they have been trying to work something out behind the scenes without attaching the warhead to the missile and pressing the button.Or maybe the Redskins have decided to just accept it. To get weak-kneed in the face of obvious antitrust violations. To turn tail and run.We’ve got a feeling that’s not how Shanahan and Allen are wired.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... onference/

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:34 pm

I can't tell if Bruce is gonna go nuclear or swallow the cap hit given his opening remarks. . . Oh, ok. So there not going to do anything about the stolen money.

Great.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football