OT Tony Pashos SIGNS with the Redskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
^^^^^^^

OT Tony Pashos SIGNS with the Redskins

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:54 am

updated from his agent:

@RickSmith1956: Proud to announce that Tony Pashos @BigGreek79 has signed with the Washington Redskins #redskins

Good move for the Redskins who have a need at the position and if they can draft someone to come in and compete, I think we're in good shape.
Last edited by frankcal20 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Sounds like insurance in case Polumbus leaves town. A backup at best (or so I'd hope).
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Sounds like insurance in case Polumbus leaves town. A backup at best (or so I'd hope).

Damn right. He appears to be the new "guy we don't ever want to see on the field" to replace the old one. We desperately need to find that guy that we we DO want to see on the field.

Did any of that make sense? :oops:
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:00 pm

BTTT

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:44 pm

Don't be surprised if it's an underwhelming solution at OT for this season, like having Pashos, Polumbus, Hurt, Black and Compton fight it out for the starting spot.

At the end of the day, what cost us games last season is mostly linked to our secondary, and realistically we'll only gain maybe two players from this draft that can step in straight away and contribute. One of them has to be a Safety, the other hopefully a CB.

The cap hit means it's very tough to bring in top quality at ALL the key positions of need. Fletcher and Jackson coming back means we don't have to recruit a LB urgently, Carricker's restructure is a big bonus too, but we may need a TE depending on what happens with Davis. Hopefully Moss restructures (although that's difficult at his age) or we'll need a WR, and Shanny will bring in a RB with a low round pick as is his way, as with Helu banged up Morris needs a backup.

There's a chance that we'll just have to make-do at OT for this year...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:52 am

Pashos is an excellent signing given our situation. We jumped in and signed him up quick to a low cost deal. He was a starter in Cleveland before getting hurt and now he's a reliable backup with experience starting who's got zone blocking experience. I'd love to get Ryan Harris as a starter with Pashos as the main backup. That would give us a cheap, effective RT situation that was a mess last year.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:04 am

I get that we can use an upgrade at RT, but is the Polumbus hate a bit blown out of proportion?

I mean, didn't Alfred set the single season rushing record? Didn't RGIII win ROTY? Didn't we have a top 5 offense? You don't do those things with a horrific RT... Granted his play was adequate, but people speak of him as if we finished at the bottom of the NFC EAST with the 28th ranked offense. lol
Last edited by Chris Luva Luva on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:10 am

I actually thought that Polumbus had a good year last season. I hope we bring him back and based on the comments from the other linemen on the team, they do too.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:40 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Sounds like insurance in case Polumbus leaves town. A backup at best (or so I'd hope).

More like Jordan Black's replacement
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:40 pm

frankcal20 wrote:I actually thought that Polumbus had a good year last season. I hope we bring him back and based on the comments from the other linemen on the team, they do too.

Yeah, that's my point.

If we wait another year to address RT it's not the end of the world. The offense should still function well enough to win games.

If we wait another year to adress the secondary then we aint winning sh1t!!!

So I for one would not be too upset if we focused on S, CB, TE (depending on what Davis does), RB (depending on Helu's fitness), before RT.

In terms of winning games those other positions should be our priority, we've proved we can win with Polumbus and Hurt at RT.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:14 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I get that we can use an upgrade at RT, but is the Polumbus hate a bit blown out of proportion?

I mean, didn't Alfred set the single season rushing record? Didn't RGIII win ROTY? Didn't we have a top 5 offense? You don't do those things with a horrific RT... Granted his play was adequate, but people speak of him as if we finished at the bottom of the NFC EAST with the 28th ranked offense. lol

+1
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:16 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:If we wait another year to adress the secondary then we aint winning ...

Why not? We won 10 games with that crew last year.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:If we wait another year to adress the secondary then we aint winning ...

I'd be surprised if the defense is not better than last year with both the return of our injured players and adding some new players

like the man said - our pass defense was horrid and you have to think that is going to be addressed here in the next few months ... somehow, someway

I see us winning the NFC East again :D
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:18 pm

Good for competition ... that's about it. Yawn
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:54 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

I'd be surprised if the defense is not better than last year with both the return of our injured players and adding some new players

like the man said - our pass defense was horrid and you have to think that is going to be addressed here in the next few months ... somehow, someway

I see us winning the NFC East again :D

+1

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football