Reggie Bush Visiting Redskins Park

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

Reggie Bush Visiting Redskins Park

Postby The Hogster » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Well, this is interesting. With all the talk of the Redskins having no room to sign a Cornerback, in comes the news the Redskins want to take a closer look at the former Heisman trophy winner, Reggie Bush. Robert Griffin III reportedly was wooing Reggie Bush to join the Skins.

Bush showed he still had that highlight reel capability as a dual threat rushing and receiving last year.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/3/12/4097124/report-reggie-bush-scheduled-to-visit-redskins-park

Bush in the pistol formation would be a wrinkle that would be even harder to defend. He's dynamic as a receiver in space, and would be a threat to run as well.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:37 pm

hmmmm thought griff was blowing smoke...this would be interesting if we could swing it...
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:45 pm

If we could come out of free agency with Aquib Talib or Reggie Bush, and re-signing Fred Davis, I'd be happy. The return of Tanard Jackson and Brandon Merriweather along with Carriker and Orakpo should pay big dividends on defense. Another solid draft and we are on our way coming out of this final year of Cap Gate.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

piggie

Postby fetus » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:07 pm

Waste of his time and ours, we have much bigger needs and not enough cap space...
RGIII and the terrible D

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:51 pm

So here's what's going on. Bush is going on the tour just hoping to create more interest and driving up the price for other teams. This also could be a favor to his agent as well in hopes that it get's returned with one of our players or a free agent or two. My guess is that there's no chance he comes here.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:12 pm

frankcal20 wrote:So here's what's going on. Bush is going on the tour just hoping to create more interest and driving up the price for other teams. This also could be a favor to his agent as well in hopes that it get's returned with one of our players or a free agent or two. My guess is that there's no chance he comes here.

His agent can't schedule a visit with teams that don't want to talk to him.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:58 am

The Hogster wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:So here's what's going on. Bush is going on the tour just hoping to create more interest and driving up the price for other teams. This also could be a favor to his agent as well in hopes that it get's returned with one of our players or a free agent or two. My guess is that there's no chance he comes here.

His agent can't schedule a visit with teams that don't want to talk to him.

Interestingly, Bush's agent, Joel Segal, also reps Deangelo Hall.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:05 am

Hmm...definitely have bigger issues elsewhere, but this would be an unstoppable run game w/ RG3, Morris, and Bush. Bush can be another short pass threat as well.

Feeling greedy at the moment so if we get him and a good CB, I'd be ok with it...just compensate in the draft for what we didn't do in FA.

Shanny's comment on Davis makes me a little concerned. He was claiming that you can't get to 100% after an injury like that so they're hoping for 80%. Not sure what "80% Davis" is going to look like.

Not trolling here...just a concern.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:54 am

All I have to say is NO!

NO I don't want Bush on DC.

No I don't think it will happen.

No way they can afford a toy like this when they don't have a starting CB and their "starting" safeties played a total of one game last year. And it might be nice to have a RT on the team that is starting caliber.

No, they just have too many other priorities to try to waste cap space on a toy like Bush.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:58 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:No, they just have too many other priorities to try to waste cap space on a toy like Bush.

I wouldn't call Bush a "toy". His skillset is further completing the puzzle on offense. We need a player with his abilities in the backfield, similar to what SEA just got with Harvin.

The Redskins do have greater needs than a complimentary RB, but it is a need. A depending on the inner-workings of the FA market, of which NONE of us are privy to, they may feel that this is a decent move. In addition, we do not know how the coaches feel about their young corners. Crawford made some big-time plays last year. Of course there's the Minnifield. You have this years draft where they will prolly target a saftey. People speak of Merriweather like he's not on the team.

I gotta roll with Hogster on this one, I'd like to see Bush on the team. A backfield with Morris, Bush and RGIII... Nasty. It alleviates so much pressure off of RGIII to need to run and will make even clearer running lanes for him. Because above all else, his health is the true #1 priority.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:00 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:No, they just have too many other priorities to try to waste cap space on a toy like Bush.

I wouldn't call Bush a "toy". His skillset is further completing the puzzle on offense. We need a player with his abilities in the backfield, similar to what SEA just got with Harvin.

The Redskins do have greater needs than a complimentary RB, but it is a need. A depending on the inner-workings of the FA market, of which NONE of us are privy to, they may feel that this is a decent move. In addition, we do not know how the coaches feel about their young corners. Crawford made some big-time plays last year. Of course there's the Minnifield. You have this years draft where they will prolly target a saftey. People speak of Merriweather like he's not on the team.

I gotta roll with Hogster on this one, I'd like to see Bush on the team. A backfield with Morris, Bush and RGIII... Nasty. It alleviates so much pressure off of RGIII to need to run and will make even clearer running lanes for him. Because above all else, his health is the true #1 priority.

^^^^^^^Right here!!

At some point you need to allow yourself to stop signing defensively and start thinking offensily (no pun intended). Signinh from need all the time is wise, but at some point you need to add in a few diamonds. Other wise you're just doing maintenance.

I personally like this the more I think of it because:
1. Morris is our only reliable back (Helu isn't, sorry reports aren't sounding optimistic and I think he's become fragile)
2. Davis was a great quick dump off TE. Shanny flat out said he's hoping Davis will get to 80% because 100% isn't usually possible w/ his kind of injury.
3. RG3 had knee surgery. Yep, true story. Dude needs someone else to distact defense besides his own body.
4. Bush fits the role of points 1-3 within himself. Id say that's a bargain. If I read correctly, he's even occasionally played WR. With his speed, he could also see more field time by being a KR/PR.

That's 5 potential roles. No I'm not saying Bush will replace Davis at TE, but rathet he could easily fill the shoes of Davis as that effective quick dump off option

If Davis is only able to be 80% Davis, then having Bush on short routes would keep enough attention off Davis to absorb that performance loss.

I see a major addition here.

Players are coming back, and the draft has plenty of DBs that will be available in later rounds...quality ones at that.

Speaking of which, let us not forget that Shanny always finds players everyone seems to overlook. This player is usually the one who individually makes the more crucial impact.

I hope Bush works out for us.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:49 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

+1

We need the most bang for our buck in FA. We can't just sign any RT and CB and Safety. For one, we don't have enough money. For two, if the team feels that Bush offers more value than would a low tier free agent, then it's a no brainer. There is this thing called the draft. And, we also have guys coming back from injury at safety.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:36 am

Bush is in Detroit and it's looking like if he doesn't hear the number he's looking for, next stop to AZ.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:47 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:All I have to say is NO!

No way they can afford a toy like this when they don't have a starting CB and their "starting" safeties played a total of one game last year. And it might be nice to have a RT on the team that is starting caliber.

No, they just have too many other priorities to try to waste cap space on a toy like Bush.

+1

+1

+1

We currently have one of the best RBs in the NFL. Bush only has a couple years left at 28.

Not a good fit. With Helu coming back, Reggie Bush is the last thing we need right now.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:01 am

markshark84 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:All I have to say is NO!

+1

+1

+1

We currently have one of the best RBs in the NFL. Bush only has a couple years left at 28.

Not a good fit. With Helu coming back, Reggie Bush is the last thing we need right now.

I don't see the problems you guys do. It's not like they're looking to replace Morris, or make Bush a long term pickup. He would be a great addition at the right price.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football