We Disrespected Lorenzo Alexander with a lowered offer?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

We Disrespected Lorenzo Alexander with a lowered offer?

Postby fetus » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:20 pm

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/03/ ... 6o.twitter

So because we didn't have the cap space to give him $1 million more, he feels that we went about trying to re-sign him wrong and "took money out of his kids mouths", pretty sure you can't digest money.....

Honestly lost a little respect for OMG, but I hope he does well in AZ, I'll follow him closely to see how he pans out as a starter. Hell, I don't have a choice, my boss is a Cards fan :(

*Edited: Gotta get my facts straight!
RGIII and the terrible D

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:01 pm

As much as I enjoyed OMG, his statements are a bit ridiculous. We're cash strapped. He's 30 and not a starter on Offense or Defense. We can't afford to pay him like a starter. No need to go out talking crap about the franchise that MADE you.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Not only that, but other veterans are reworkingtheir deals to help the team. He could have gotten his money if he had cared to negotiate rather than just taking the first deal that came his way. I think he really just wanted to be a starter, whch he will be in AZ, but wanted to blame his leaving on the team, so as not to piss off fans.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:35 pm

Because of how great he has been for this team, I'll cut him some slack. I hope he doesn't look back on his time in DC with any regrets or harbor any bitterness towards us. He was a great player and that's how I'll always remember him — from losing his helmet but making a tackle in preseason as a scrappy rookie to his Pro Bowl appearance in his last season here.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:26 pm

Zoe....you have rabid fans in the B&G. Please remember the good times and don't have hard feelings.

You've got money now and we wish you well.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:51 am

What he said was they offered him a deal that he was close to taking (3y, 7.5m, w/2.7 in guaranteed money) and then the next morning they reduced the guaranteed money by $1.3m with out explaining why they did. The deal he took with the Cardinals is for 3y, $9.5m, w/ $3m guaranteed or double the guaranteed money that the Skins offered last.

Yes, I would say Zo has a reason to feel hurt.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:08 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Because of how great he has been for this team, I'll cut him some slack. I hope he doesn't look back on his time in DC with any regrets or harbor any bitterness towards us. He was a great player and that's how I'll always remember him — from losing his helmet but making a tackle in preseason as a scrappy rookie to his Pro Bowl appearance in his last season here.

+1

Although last week he said it wasn't about the money.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:21 am

As I said in another thread, it's prolly deeper than money. I think he realized that the coaches didn't value his abilities as a starting LB. Honestly, I don't blame them. He's an overachiever, a great person/player but name one LB on our team that you'd bench to start him... Heck, I think most here would start Rob Jackson over him. I'm sad to see him go, but with out current situation, he wasn't worth the money.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:53 am

His wife's name is 'Manjanique'

:shock:

Yeah Zo, don't take money out of Manjanique's mouth. Might be a problem.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:56 am

Alexander himself said "It's not that they did me dirty, they just ran out of cap room."

There's no ill will here. Arizona offered him a starting role and a good contract that we unfortunately couldn't match.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:58 am

The Hogster wrote:Yeah Zo, don't take money out of Manjanique's mouth. Might be a problem.

Yeah.... lol

Skinsfan55 wrote:Alexander himself said "It's not that they did me dirty, they just ran out of cap room."

There's no ill will here. Arizona offered him a starting role and a good contract that we unfortunately couldn't match.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they offered him a CHANCE at a starting role.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:02 am

He's been "pegged" for a starting role. To me, that means he's pretty much guaranteed barring some unforeseen event.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:32 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:He's been "pegged" for a starting role. To me, that means he's pretty much guaranteed barring some unforeseen event.

"pegged" "chance", it's all the same. He hasn't been guaranteed anything because he's not THAT good at LB. He's an overachiever, a ST ace, a good backup, a utility player... There's nothing wrong with that, I'm knocking him and he'd be here if it wasn't for the cap issue.

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:28 am

Hope Lorenzo the best, but this is why we brought in Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen to find another utility player like Lorenzo from draft/undrafted free agents.

There are a few Lorenzo's that come out each year unnoticed.

Hog

Postby ACW » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 am

DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football