RT Jeremy Trueblood Signs

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
+++++++++

RT Jeremy Trueblood Signs

Postby Skinsfan55 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:13 pm

https://twitter.com/JennaLaineBucs/stat ... 0778898432

Probably for the veteran's minimum. Also, as I understand it you get ca discounts for signing vets.

Anyway, he seems like kind of a bad fit for a ZBS but Shanahan usually has an eye for this kind of thing. Hoping for the best.
Last edited by Skinsfan55 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Former Bucs RT Jeremy Trueblood scheduled to visit

Postby 1niksder » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:https://twitter.com/JennaLaineBucs/status/311907151419416578

Kind of an odd choice considering he's not the normal ZBS type, but he does have ties to Bruce Allen in TB. A few years ago he was a pretty solid RT. Never an elite type, but he got the job done. I wonder if, at 6'8'' 320 lbs he's nimble enough to pull it off.

Personally, I'd rather we gamble on Ryan Harris since Pashos is capable of starting.

What off season since Shanny took over hasn't Ryan Harris name not come up? If Mike wanted him he'd already be with Redskins.... First think Shanny did when he came to town (after grabbing Kyle) he went and got Kory. Seems like everybody, links Harris to mike except Shanny
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:50 pm

I've accepted the fact that Shanny is impossible to predict. Majority of his decisions have been good so I just try to keep an open mind about everything.

Pashos is the one I'm struggling with. Been hearing a lot of bad things about the guy's previous performances. Then again what else is new w/ people talking about Redskins players lol

Some decisions we made make me nervous this year, but I don't think Shanny will just sign someone because we can afford them. There has to be some sort of purpose. If its merely competition or a replacement for a backup, well things begin to make a little more sense.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:30 am

Looks like we've got a new RT. Trueblood is pretty much a lock to start. Not the typical ZBS guy though.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:33 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:Looks like we've got a new RT. Trueblood is pretty much a lock to start. Not the typical ZBS guy though.

Why do you think he's a lock to start? I still haven't given up on the possibility that Tom Compton can get a chance. He was elevated to the active roster last year after J Black went down. If the team is letting Polumbus and Black walk away, maybe that tips their hand that they think he has promise.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:36 am

The Hogster wrote:
Skinsfan55 wrote:Looks like we've got a new RT. Trueblood is pretty much a lock to start. Not the typical ZBS guy though.

Why do you think he's a lock to start? I still haven't given up on the possibility that Tom Compton can get a chance. He was elevated to the active roster last year after J Black went down. If the team is letting Polumbus and Black walk away, maybe that tips their hand that they think he has promise.

Agreed.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:49 am

Look, I'm about the most optimistic guy I know... but you guys take it to an extreme. Anyone who thinks Tom Compton, Chase Minnefield or any of the other fringe NFL players we have on the roster are likely to contribute next season are dreaming. Seriously, take off your burgundy and gold blinders.

If Tom Compton was likely to contribute this season. If they team thought he was ready why would their ONLY two free agent signings so far be for RTs? Explain that. They are HAMMERED by these cap penalties and yet they've signed TWO right tackles and no one else.

As a Redskins fan, I would LOVE it if Minnefield started and was a solid CB option. I would be overjoyed if Tom Compton came in and became a reliable RT. It would be amazing if Hankerson finally figured it all out and became an offensive weapon. I would be so happy if Tanard Jackson won the camp battle, with no preparation and no pre-season and got back to his old form...

But those are pipe dreams. They're not realistic. It's just nonsense to sit around pining for those things to happen. It's nonsense to ignore the facts.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:50 am

He's 30 years old and coming off a shoulder injury. I bet we're still considering our options at RT. I don't know of any lock he has on the spot.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:00 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:Look, I'm about the most optimistic guy I know... but you guys take it to an extreme. Anyone who thinks Tom Compton, Chase Minnefield or any of the other fringe NFL players we have on the roster are likely to contribute next season are dreaming. Seriously, take off your burgundy and gold blinders.

DarthMonk wrote:Here are our last two drafts followed by names I'm seeing a lot.

2011 Draft
1.16 Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
2.09 Jarvis Jenkins, DL, Clemson
3.15 Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
4.08 Roy Helu, RB, Nebraska
5.15 Dejon Gomes, DB, Nebraska
5.24 Niles Paul, WR, Nebraska
6.12 Evan Royster, RB, Penn St.
6.13 Aldrick Robinson, WR, SMU
7.10 Brandyn Thompson, DB, Boise St.
7.14 Maurice Hurt, OL, Florida
7.21 Markus White, DE, Florida St.
7.50 Chris Neild, DT, West Virginia

2012 Draft
1.02 Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
3.08 Josh LeRibeus, OG, Southern Methodist
4.07 Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State
4.24 Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas
5.06 Adam Gettis, OG, Iowa
6.03 Alfred Morris, RB, Florida Atlantic
6.23 Tom Compton, OT, South Dakota
7.06 Richard Crawford, DB, Southern Methodist
7.10 Jordan Bernstine, CB, Iowa

I've bolded the player who have contributed in some shape or fashion since being brought in...

Kerrigan - probowler
Jarvis Jenkins - starter
Hankerson - played a lot last year
Helu - lead rusher in 2011/2012, got shutdown due to injury.
Gomes - in and out of the lineup, solid backup
Paul - work in progress, had some good returns at the end of the year
Aldrick - work in progress, had 2 AMAZING games and is improving
Mo Hurt - has seen playing time
Nield - played in rotation before injury
RGIII - ROTY
LeRiebus - played in a few games, i believe
Kirk - Kept the winning streak alive against the Super Bowl champs and won against the Browns in impressive fashion
Morris - single season rushing record as rookie
Crawford - set the team up for the game wining FG against Baltimore with an amazing punt return. took the duties over from banks. also had an interception against the cowboys at the end of the season.
Trent - probowler

I think it's you that need to realize that our drafts have been productive. You need to realize that it isn't that far fetched for one of our drafted players to contribute at a high level. You're stuck in the past. You assume that we're calling Compton a probowler... We're just saying that he is a potential starter for us. You need to wake up and realize the CURRENT state of this franchise. We have our own players now, people we drafted who are contributing and doing so effectively.

Hell, the board cried when we got Kory... Look where he's at now. People cried about our center, he was ranked as one of the top centers in the league last year and got snubbed for the probowl...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:25 am

Some comments from Bucs' fans:
- If you're showing him around the locker room make sure all of the helmets are put away or he will grab a face mask.
- Nicknamed, "the Serial Drive Killer"
- or Jeremy "Frankenfeet" Trueblood
- Jeremy "false start" Trueblood
- loves to hold

I hope this guy isn't or starting RT, but he can't be worse than B-Brown or Polumbus! I almost would rather Compton our MoHurt as the starter.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:27 am

Meh, Pats fans said Meriweather was a mindless thug who leads with his helmet and draws tons of penalties. I'm not concerned with complaints from fans.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:28 am

Coaches said last year that Compton is VERY talented but also very Raw.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:41 am

frankcal20 wrote:Coaches said last year that Compton is VERY talented but also very Raw.

ROTFALMAO

You mean the same thing every coach says about every late round draft pick?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:Meh, Pats fans said Meriweather was a mindless thug who leads with his helmet and draws tons of penalties. I'm not concerned with complaints from fans.

Here may very well still prove the Pats fans correct. It is ridiculous to judge a guy on one game.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:59 pm

The Hogster wrote:

+1 my man. I like all the RT signings because it gives us plenty to choose from as our starter. Not only that, but gifted depth has proven just as important as gifted starters.

If this guy doesn't have any zone experience, Shanny might have seen something in him as far as agility and power is concerned. In about a year with those traits, he should excel at the ZBS. If not sooner :)

This has been a very wise off season thus far. Tip of the hat to the FO.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football